AUX mode not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUX mode not working

Anyone else have a problem with their car not recognizing the AUX jack? Suddenly when I hit the Disc/AUX button, AUX is never an option. I tried doing it with/without a cable in and even tried it with a new cable. Turned my car off and on again, still nada. Have an appt. with my dealer, but I'm curious what the heck is going on. Bizzare.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No problems here - but I have noticed that it only works with a cable plugged it. It sounds like a problem with a microswitch or something. The dealer sounds like the right approach...
Old 08-07-2016, 08:19 PM
3rd Gear

Aux button INOP

Hello, I am having this exact issue. Did you find a resolve for it?
Originally Posted by Jmstraub
Anyone else have a problem with their car not recognizing the AUX jack? Suddenly when I hit the Disc/AUX button, AUX is never an option. I tried doing it with/without a cable in and even tried it with a new cable. Turned my car off and on again, still nada. Have an appt. with my dealer, but I'm curious what the heck is going on. Bizzare.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Maybe try a hard reset by powering it down completely- pull the positive battery cable (or just the fuse) and leave it down for 30 mins before powering it back up. Then you will need to put the radio code in to restart it. It might not work but it can't hurt.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:15 PM
3rd Gear

I have tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes since this issue popped up after the new battery install, but still no changes.Also removing the fuse didn't help nor did disconnecting the Bluetooth module. At a huge loss on this issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by DRR98
Maybe try a hard reset by powering it down completely- pull the positive battery cable (or just the fuse) and leave it down for 30 mins before powering it back up. Then you will need to put the radio code in to restart it. It might not work but it can't hurt.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:43 PM
FLETCH

Received 146 Likes on 108 Posts
they fail. point blank. they suck. i popped a bluetooth headunit in my tec and havent looked back just pick your aftermarket unit of choice and gut the factory stuff and start over.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:58 AM
3rd Gear

Update - AUX fixed

Just an update for those who are still experiencing this issue. After hours a trying and convincing I was able to remove the AUX jack. None of the dealerships in the DFW area carried the part in stock, so I researched online and to a chance at buying Genuine Honda 39112-SNA-A01 Auxiliary Input Jack Assembly. When it came in it was a correct match. Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:52 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by stevenmf78
Just an update for those who are still experiencing this issue. After hours a trying and convincing I was able to remove the AUX jack. None of the dealerships in the DFW area carried the part in stock, so I researched online and to a chance at buying Genuine Honda 39112-SNA-A01 Auxiliary Input Jack Assembly. When it came in it was a correct match. Hope this helps.
So a new Aux Input Jack Assembly is the issue? Inside the arm rest? I've been having the issue of AUX, CD, and TAPE not being accessible via the NAV menu and figured something had fried in the head unit. If this is a fix, I'd be glad to order the part. Using ear buds to listen to audio books isn't my preferred method.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:37 PM
3rd Gear

I'm having same issue with my '07 rdx tech. It was only playing audio on right channel so, I tried to clean it out and now I have nothing at all. Just to confirm, your vehicle is an rdx and you replaced the aux port built into the dvd changer in the dash. I have heard of aux ports in the armrest mine only has an accessories power port.
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:39 PM
3rd Gear

I'm having same issue with my '07 rdx tech. It was only playing audio on right channel so, I tried to clean it out and now I have nothing at all. Just to confirm, your vehicle is an rdx and you replaced the aux port built into the dvd changer in the dash. I have heard of aux ports in the armrest mine only has an accessories power port.
Thanks!
Old 11-28-2018, 03:32 AM
8th Gear

Was this easy to replace?