Would like to sell my RDX

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like the cheapest one from a dealer with tech on there is $34k+. There is one from a private seller that had 5800 miles for $32k. Most of them are brand new from dealers even though listed as USED. There is one with tech on there for $31k, but that one has 34000 miles on it!

LOL there is one 2003 RDX for $20k.......of course it looks very much like a TL!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:45 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny! Well I put air in the tires, and the handling improved dramatically. The ride is still rough though. I think it's the roads around here.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Colorgirl
Funny! Well I put air in the tires, and the handling improved dramatically. The ride is still rough though. I think it's the roads around here.
Glad to hear! See some of us actually have semi-decent advice

I took my Corvette after sitting for a few weeks and I had lost about 10 psi in all 4 tires! The cold weather definately causes your tires to loose pressure.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Cruisin'

Agree

I still love my car after a month, although I do have a long list of issues - all of which have been posted by others as well. I have had a lot of cars, SUV's and trucks, and agree with you that the ride could be better. I notice it most on the highway, caused by the road seams. It handles very well under power and no question about what it can do in the curves. That focus is probably how I missed the highway feel during my 3 test rides. I think the short wheel base is casing the feel. My Toyota Tacuma 4x4 actually had a better highway reel.

The turbo is hard to get use to, but remember the RDX turbo is much smother than most all other turbos.

The other day I noticed my wifes hair was very flattend by the passanger head rest, so have to agree with you there as well, altoyugh I dont have any issues with it.

At 47, it has been a long time since I really wated to drive, and now I offer to drive every chance I get.

What I find funny is that I drive all over the country and I have yet to see another RDX out there????

Good luck with the resale!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Instructor

No offense -- but this is a mid-$30K car, not 70 or 80K sedan or luxo-SUV. It is a mid-level (somewhere north of a CRV and south of an X3) CUV, that is sacrifices certain luxuries and amenities in favor of price. For a mid-$30K car I really can't find anything to complain about. If they offered a V6 version of the RDX that was in the 40 range, I'd be all over it. Other then that, for the price, I can't find anything that causes me to lose sleep.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nabbs
No offense -- but this is a mid-$30K car, not 70 or 80K sedan or luxo-SUV. It is a mid-level (somewhere north of a CRV and south of an X3) CUV, that is sacrifices certain luxuries and amenities in favor of price. For a mid-$30K car I really can't find anything to complain about. If they offered a V6 version of the RDX that was in the 40 range, I'd be all over it. Other then that, for the price, I can't find anything that causes me to lose sleep.
Wow...just one thing I know, is a car is not an investment, and I ain't rich, but this is the most I've ever spent on a car. I thought I took a plunge and bought it to treat myself turning 40. I could be driving the Bimmer, but I didn't think it was as awesome...even if it was more, the orange lights blind me, and the nav system sucks. I guess it's more about how you spend $. Anyway...you seen any rich folks who splurge? They have to be the cheapest folks I know. This is a better car, and I can run to stewarts on Saturday morning w/o a shower and NOT have to look the part. Damn, I love that! But if you'r lucky enough to get in my car...then you'll see what it's all about. The car is not a shell for show.

Just talking about our nit picks and having fun! Wouldn't want another car.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mickie
Wow...just one thing I know, is a car is not an investment, and I ain't rich, but this is the most I've ever spent on a car. I thought I took a plunge and bought it to treat myself turning 40. I could be driving the Bimmer, but I didn't think it was as awesome...even if it was more, the orange lights blind me, and the nav system sucks. I guess it's more about how you spend $. Anyway...you seen any rich folks who splurge? They have to be the cheapest folks I know. This is a better car, and I can run to stewarts on Saturday morning w/o a shower and NOT have to look the part. Damn, I love that! But if you'r lucky enough to get in my car...then you'll see what it's all about. The car is not a shell for show.

Just talking about our nit picks and having fun! Wouldn't want another car.
Mickie -- I think I didn't express myself clearly. Several people in this post have complained about the ride and smoothness of the RDX, and I am addressing those posts. When examing a car, one must also acknowledge cost. That is to say it is in $36K CUV class, and is not in the $50K+ sedan class which is typically defined by smooth ride. One must have reasonable expectations as to what the RDX and what it is not. It is an Acura, which means it is ahead of a Honda in terms of luxury, amenities, and power. It is a mid-$30K car, which means it is not in the same class as most luxo-sedans. If one buys a Kia and then complains about the ride and the fit and finish as compared to a $27K Honda Accord, is that realistic? However, if one buys a Kia and says "for the price this is a fine vehicle" -- that would appear to be a level-headed statement. The same is true about the RDX. It is not a car that is meant to steal people away from luxury sedans or SUVs (that's what the MDX is for), instead it is meant at somebody who is coming from a TL or TSX. At this price range it will never be a total luxury air-ride, because that's not what you get for $36K. Afterall, do you think there is a reason that Acura left Memory and a power passenger seat out? They want to keep the RDX a step below the MDX. Otherwise who would buy the more expensive SUV?

Btw, tomorrow I leave the $50K sedan class and "step down" to the $36K class, and I couldn't be happier! I drove the RL for the last time tonight, and can't say I will miss it. Now I could've bought a new RL or even another sedan, but for the time being I am perfectly happy getting the RDX. In fact, I am excited to get it!

For me it won't be my last car, but I will enjoy and use it thoroughly

-N
Old 01-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Dealers often set their tire pressures to 40 psi or even higher in order to prevent flat spotting. I would check your tire pressure to ensure that this is not the case before you decide to get rid of the car.

As for the "jerkiness" of the turbo, I suspect that this has more to do with the DBW that the turbo and can easily be remedied by learning to smooth your throttle inputs. I think most people who switch from a traditional throttle car to one with DBW discover pretty quickly that they have some bad habits when it comes to applying power.
i agree with you there, DBW really have a lag if you press the pedal too quick, but now i am use to it, always be easy on the pedal
Old 01-28-2007, 10:03 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mickie -- I think I didn't express myself clearly. Several people in this post have complained about the ride and smoothness of the RDX, and I am addressing those posts. When examing a car, one must also acknowledge cost. That is to say it is in $36K CUV class, and is not in the $50K+ sedan class which is typically defined by smooth ride. One must have reasonable expectations as to what the RDX and what it is not. It is an Acura, which means it is ahead of a Honda in terms of luxury, amenities, and power. It is a mid-$30K car, which means it is not in the same class as most luxo-sedans. If one buys a Kia and then complains about the ride and the fit and finish as compared to a $27K Honda Accord, is that realistic? However, if one buys a Kia and says "for the price this is a fine vehicle" -- that would appear to be a level-headed statement. The same is true about the RDX. It is not a car that is meant to steal people away from luxury sedans or SUVs (that's what the MDX is for), instead it is meant at somebody who is coming from a TL or TSX. At this price range it will never be a total luxury air-ride, because that's not what you get for $36K. Afterall, do you think there is a reason that Acura left Memory and a power passenger seat out? They want to keep the RDX a step below the MDX. Otherwise who would buy the more expensive SUV?-N
I think I see where you're going with this line of reasoning, but there is a point I feel compelled to take exception to. Your comment that "At this price range it will never be a total luxury air-ride, because that's not what you get for $36K." seems to imply you can't get a smooth ride for $36K. I could be misinterpreting your point, but I believe the RDX's stiffer (non-lux air) ride is not due to its price but the trade off between ride smoothness and cornering performance. Acura could have deisgned an air ride for $36K but instead chose to give RDX drivers a more intimate feel of the road and better performance in the twisties - thus the Urban Warrior moniker.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rdxsteverino
I think I see where you're going with this line of reasoning, but there is a point I feel compelled to take exception to. Your comment that "At this price range it will never be a total luxury air-ride, because that's not what you get for $36K." seems to imply you can't get a smooth ride for $36K. I could be misinterpreting your point, but I believe the RDX's stiffer (non-lux air) ride is not due to its price but the trade off between ride smoothness and cornering performance. Acura could have deisgned an air ride for $36K but instead chose to give RDX drivers a more intimate feel of the road and better performance in the twisties - thus the Urban Warrior moniker.
Sorry, again, I didn't mean to imply that RDX is not a comfortable ride. Believe me, I've spent my fair share in a few military-grade HUMVEES and 2-ton trucks -- anybody who has had the misfortune of riding in those types of vehicles understands HARSH. I'm talking sitting on wood planks -- forget even basic padding! If my cheeks are raw, I feel a few inches shorter, and I consider it a miracle that I am still alive -- I consider that vehicle a harsh ride!

You are absolutely right to say that the RDX is meant to be more of a sporty car then the MDX. However, it is most definately also meant to be priced about $10K less then an MDX, so I am sure it was designed with less sound-deadening and less concern about bump-steer etc. The Sport Edition of the MDX feels pretty sporty with it's larger tires and V6, and I'm sure it's quieter, smoother, and absorbs the bumps better. But then again, we're talking about a $10K price jump! There has to be something there for that price.

Believe you me, I love the RDX! I personally see no use for the 10K price jump of a sport MDX. However, I am also realistic in that one has to have a realistic expectation when trying to objectively analyze a car here. This is a sport car that is meant to appeal to a different type of buyer then that of the MDX. I really think the MDX is not stealing buyers away from the RDX, and vice-versa. However, one of the most noticeable differences between the RL and the RDX is the gas pedal. In the RL the gas is pedal is heavy and requires quite a bit of pressure to press, while the RDX's pedal is consderably lighter. I am sure this is nothing more then a 10 cent spring, but it has the effect of making the RL faster. This is an old trick. But it is something that Acura is clearly conscious off: staking out each cars territory based on price and making sure there is no over-lap.

The bottom line is that cost does dictate class, and this is an excellent car-in-class.

-N
Old 01-28-2007, 10:39 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Mickie -- I think I didn't express myself clearly. Several people in this post have complained about the ride and smoothness of the RDX, and I am addressing those posts. When examing a car, one must also acknowledge cost. That is to say it is in $36K CUV class, and is not in the $50K+ sedan class which is typically defined by smooth ride.

I don't think price range, cost, or vehicle class are really relevant factors in the ride of the RDX. What makes the ride firm is the sporting nature of the vehicle. It is comparable to a sports sedan, at any price range. Since the CR-V and RDX share a platform, you can easily see two very different directions taken with the same basic roots. The CR-V gives you a softer ride, more family-friendly features, and a lower price. The RDX gets the sport suspension, more power, and entry-level luxury features at a higher price. Blindfold someone for a back to back test drive, and they will easily identify the CR-V as riding smoother than the RDX. Yet the cheapest CR-V costs $13-16K less than an RDX.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:43 PM
rdxsteverino

Sorry, again, I didn't mean to imply that RDX is not a comfortable ride. Believe me, I've spent my fair share in a few military-grade HUMVEES and 2-ton trucks -- anybody who has had the misfortune of riding in those types of vehicles understands HARSH. I'm talking sitting on wood planks -- forget even basic padding! If my cheeks are raw, I feel a few inches shorter, and I consider it a miracle that I am still alive -- I consider that vehicle a harsh ride!

You are absolutely right to say that the RDX is meant to be more of a sporty car then the MDX. However, it is most definately also meant to be priced about $10K less then an MDX, so I am sure it was designed with less sound-deadening and less concern about bump-steer etc. The Sport Edition of the MDX feels pretty sporty with it's larger tires and V6, and I'm sure it's quieter, smoother, and absorbs the bumps better. But then again, we're talking about a $10K price jump! There has to be something there for that price.

Believe you me, I love the RDX! I personally see no use for the 10K price jump of a sport MDX. However, I am also realistic in that one has to have a realistic expectation when trying to objectively analyze a car here. This is a sport car that is meant to appeal to a different type of buyer then that of the MDX. I really think the MDX is not stealing buyers away from the RDX, and vice-versa. However, one of the most noticeable differences between the RL and the RDX is the gas pedal. In the RL the gas is pedal is heavy and requires quite a bit of pressure to press, while the RDX's pedal is consderably lighter. I am sure this is nothing more then a 10 cent spring, but it has the effect of making the RL faster. This is an old trick. But it is something that Acura is clearly conscious off: staking out each cars territory based on price and making sure there is no over-lap.

The bottom line is that cost does dictate class, and this is an excellent car-in-class.

-N
Understand - peace out
Old 01-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by c_hunter
I don't think price range, cost, or vehicle class are really relevant factors in the ride of the RDX. What makes the ride firm is the sporting nature of the vehicle. It is comparable to a sports sedan, at any price range. Since the CR-V and RDX share a platform, you can easily see two very different directions taken with the same basic roots. The CR-V gives you a softer ride, more family-friendly features, and a lower price. The RDX gets the sport suspension, more power, and entry-level luxury features at a higher price. Blindfold someone for a back to back test drive, and they will easily identify the CR-V as riding smoother than the RDX. Yet the cheapest CR-V costs $13-16K less than an RDX.

Yes Hunter. I agree.
For reference purposes I test drove a CR-V ( I rigorously researched my recent purchase driving 9 different cars and intellectually considering a good 2 dozen) and it drives very soft. Just as well as it's ~150hp engine was as sluggish as a Civic. Yes, the two cars share the same platform but they are very different vehicles.

In contrast, I drove one of the new Rav-4's (although this one was a 6-cylinder so why not a RAV6?) whose engine was very impressive, a bit more power and torque in fact than the RDX (260hp!),. But I thought it handled relatively poorly and the interior was IMO horrible. It's sticker was $33k.

Hence for me the choice came down to my RDX at ~$40k or a comparably configured X3 at ~$47k I had a mild concern over BMW reliability statistics, and therefore decided to remain $7k richer and bank on the general Acura statistical profile (of course no data for RDX itself) which is truly excellent.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Colorgirl
Called in sick to work today so i did not drive or take it to the station, so tomorrow morning will be the test!
What would you guys set as an asking price? It has a roof rack and body side moldings as well...(just curious..)..
I'm sorry to hear that you don't like it! I just got mine a few days ago and I absolutely love it! I came from an RSX Type-S - a whole different world. Just curious but are you leasing or financing? There are some sites where people can swap out of their lease with someone else. Check it out: www.leasetrade.com, www.leasetrader.com, www.swapalease.com.

If you're financing then it's a little harder. I agree that Carmax may be a good way to go but they tend to be a little low on their offers. If they are dying for an RDX still, though, you may be in luck!

Good Luck!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:26 AM
10th Gear

I paid cash for it... well I'm sort of financing it.. My dad lent me part of the money at a lower interest rate. lol.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Colorgirl...I have an 06 Silver TL, auto, non-nav, all weather mats, truck mat, tinited windows, rear spoiler, mud guards, sunroof/window visors and it only has 3300 miles on it. It is extremely clean because I am a 38 year old non smoker/drinker and I rarely drive it. Also no one esle has been it in but me. I paid cash as well, so I have title in hand. If you're willing to make a trade, maybe we can make some sorta of deal. I was planning to trade it on a RDX...I'm sure this could work for both of us!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Cruisin'

Crv Hp

The CRV has 166 hp. It is under rated by Honda so it's more like 170. It is by no means Civic slow. I know, I have a 07. Once the engine is broken in and you use a quality gas the power is more than enough. I like the RDX and have driven one several times but I got the CRV because I did not need the extra hp better handling etc.... Both are great cars with different goals for the intended target customer. I do think Acura would sell more with a new light weight V6 and a touch more utilty.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
10th Gear

While a trade in an interesting idea, I really am looking for a compact SUV (which is why I bought the RDX). I already have a sedan.. But thank you anyway!