washing & detailing

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
washing & detailing

ok so i just want to know what you guys use to wash and detail your RDX. on a regular wash i use Zaino car wash. once a month i clay bar the RDX, either meguriers or mothers clay bar. i have yet to wax the car. to polish i use Turtle Wax ICE. on the tires i use Shining Monkey no spit tire shine. although it does "spit". to clean the windows i use Stoners. interior, leathers i use Lexol. on vinyl i use vinylex.

im open to new products! so what do you use?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is quite a list! I overlap on the interior items (lexol,vinylex, and stoners). I'll have to try some of your exterior solutions as I have not found any wash/wax solutions that set my soul on fire.

I do use Dupont's Teflon Wheel Cleaner. I like it because it is extremely mild compared to other wheel cleaners which tend to leave small corrosion spots on brake parts. This wheel cleaner really cleans well and the teflon helps keep the wheels clean longer.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Try 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dash, door panels, etc... and see what you think. It works wonders on my TL dash and prevents the airbag outline/fading issue the TL's are known for.

Zaino wash/clay/wax for all my vehicles - wouldn't use anything else.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Instructor

It's too cold in NY to do any kind of car washing. I did spend $9 bucks at a local car wash then let the rdx completely dry up. Then I applied Klasse Paint Sealant. I'm lazy and it's too cold out to do any kind of long detailing. It looks fantastic!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:12 AM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

I have only been using Klasse products for the last few years, and swear by it. I gave my RDX a coat of the sealant last weekend and it came out great. Excellent stuff, and I like that it's so easy to apply. It also holds up for at least 6 months in my experience (often longer), which is a bonus.

This time around, the car was so new and clean that I only used the sealant. Next time around, I will use their cleaner wax followed by the sealant. I stopped doing a whole-car clay bar treatment after seeing such good results from the cleaner wax.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Photographer

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Try 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dash, door panels, etc... and see what you think. It works wonders on my TL dash and prevents the airbag outline/fading issue the TL's are known for.

Zaino wash/clay/wax for all my vehicles - wouldn't use anything else.
I just picked up a bottle of 303 today. I keep hearing how good it is so I hope it lives up to its reputation. Ill give it a try this weekend.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great thread. To add to the topic: I was gonna post a q on what people use to physically wash their vehicles with -- I'm interested in finding a high-pressure attachment for my garden hose so I don't have to do as much sponge scrubbing. I'm not real keen on taking a sponge to my NBP RDX. So what I'm thinking is a basic "home brushless car wash" setup. Anyone got any ideas there?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Photographer

Ohhh! I never use sponges on any of my cars. I use a microfiber towel.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
rdxsteverino

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
ok so i just want to know what you guys use to wash and detail your RDX. on a regular wash i use Zaino car wash. once a month i clay bar the RDX, either meguriers or mothers clay bar. i have yet to wax the car. to polish i use Turtle Wax ICE. on the tires i use Shining Monkey no spit tire shine. although it does "spit". to clean the windows i use Stoners. interior, leathers i use Lexol. on vinyl i use vinylex.

im open to new products! so what do you use?
I gotta throw you over to pittpanther's RDX pampering. Check this out:

Originally Posted by pittpanther
Thanks! Here are the products I used:

1. Washed with Dawn
2. Clay Bar-ed (Mother's)
3. Washed with Z7 (Zaino's Car Wash)
4. Applied Z6 (Zaino's Gloss Enhancer Spray)
5. Applied Z5 (Zaino's Polish for Swirl Marks)
6. Applied Z6
7. Applied Z2 (Zaino's Polish)
9. Applied Z6
10. Applied Z2
11. Applied Z8 (Zaino's Grand Finale Srap Seal)
I am also a big proponent of drying our cars with a leaf blower. Yes, your neighbors will think your insane, but it is well worth the effort!
The above located at this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258

As I said in the other thread, pittpanther takes the prize for RDX pampering.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Photographer

oh i know. i saw his post. in fact i posted a couple below him. but im talking about everyday kind of washes. not one thats gonna take 6 hours lol.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Photographer

not impressed with the 303. im sticking with the Vinylex. idk the 303 seems watery. like its not doing anything.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Advanced

^^ I use 303 as well, but just on the tires. It seems to have a bit more staying power than other solutions (doesn't get flung off as easily).
Old 01-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DNPhotography
not impressed with the 303. im sticking with the Vinylex. idk the 303 seems watery. like its not doing anything.
I've never used Vinylex - does it have a high gloss finish or no? I prefer a matte finish.

The thing that sold me on the 303 is the UV protection and the fact that my TL dash no longer has the fading issue all the 3G TL's seem to develop over time, but I would love to try another product out.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by c_hunter
I have only been using Klasse products for the last few years, and swear by it. I gave my RDX a coat of the sealant last weekend and it came out great. Excellent stuff, and I like that it's so easy to apply. It also holds up for at least 6 months in my experience (often longer), which is a bonus.

This time around, the car was so new and clean that I only used the sealant. Next time around, I will use their cleaner wax followed by the sealant. I stopped doing a whole-car clay bar treatment after seeing such good results from the cleaner wax.
By "cleaner wax" do you mean Klasse All-in-One?