Stupid Massachusett drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stupid Massachusett drivers...

I was driving along Mass MA-2 east, at about 55 mph towards Boston, and this idiot woman driver was on the turning left lane at the lights (in the same direction as I was). So from the distance, I saw her vehicle on the turning left lane, so didn't think much about it. As my car passed by her car, right where the lights intersection was, she started to turn back into my lane!!! Didn't have much of an option, as there were cars on my right side lane, so couldn't move aside, couldn't only brake and steer as the ABS kicked in crazily. Thank God for the ABS, I was able to steer around her and somehow miraculously missed hitting her car. IDIOT!
Actually when I saw he moving back into my lane, I had honked her repeatedly to tell her to not do that, but she kept coming into my lane... What is wrong with these people!!???!! in massachusetts??? They drive crazy in the streets, jay-walk in the streets, and totally couldn't care less about obeying road rules and being aware of other cars that share the same driving space...
After I wound down the window and screamed at her for her stupid driving stunt, she had the nerve to "finger" me!!! AND to top it off, she had a young kid sitting in the front seat!!!!!!

IDIOT MASSACHUSETT DRIVERS!!! Bad roads, illogically designed roads that keep confusing drivers, and now idiot drivers who make driving on the road so stressful and scary!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boston is very well known for having some of the worst drivers in the country...but be glad its not mexico city or vietnam or china

ps...you drove to boston from vancouver?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mic43
boston is very well known for having some of the worst drivers in the country...but be glad its not mexico city or vietnam or china

ps...you drove to boston from vancouver?
No, I am actually in Boston for a job... not liking the Mass. area at all... hate the confusing roads and their rotary roundabout traffic relieving system... actually the latter system adopted from the English folks, makes it more stressful to drive...
Old 10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Boston has RUDE drivers..

If you want BAD drivers, visit Seattle or Seattle

Inattentive, drugged out idiots.

Take it from me, I've lived on both coasts
Old 10-04-2009, 11:19 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
well...welcome to new england. if you arent hammering it you will be hammered
Old 10-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Boy, mav, you just poop on Boston/Mass. in thread after thread. If work is forcing you to be there, maybe you should look for another job!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DJ Iceman
Boy, mav, you just poop on Boston/Mass. in thread after thread. If work is forcing you to be there, maybe you should look for another job!
Yeah, I know that I have been quite negative about Mass., but it is truly an old historic eastern seaboard state, the road systems has not changed since the day the horse carts went on them, ... but it is also the hub of most high tech industries...

Love to be able to work on the west coast, but it is not economically as vibrant as the east. California would be great, even Seattle...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
People rag on NJ drivers all the time, but I've lived in New England (went to school at URI) and IMO, Mass drivers are the WORST. (no offense to anyone who lives there)
Old 10-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Well, to prevent digression away from one of my original points, I have to say that the ABS system + SH-AWD in the RDX, together with the new Avid V4S tires, definitely made a difference. The whole time, under heavy braking, the RDX was completely steerable, and never felt like I was losing control of it.
It proved again the essence of ABS systems, not to stop you faster, but allow steering control of the car under skid conditions. Just keep the foot on the brake pedal and steer where you want it to go...
Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 PM
not an SUV ...a Big Hatch

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by mav238
California would be great...
It is... hehehehe....
Old 10-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
since all you know about Massachusetts is the Boston area I call IDIOT for ragging on all mass residents by your limited experience. go back to Canada and stop whining about Massachusetts. whine about BOSTON and be more accurate.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
since all you know about Massachusetts is the Boston area I call IDIOT for ragging on all mass residents by your limited experience. go back to Canada and stop whining about Massachusetts. whine about BOSTON and be more accurate.
Okay, I concede that Boston is the main issue here, not the whole Mass. Actually, I would include areas like Cambridge, Allston, somerville and gthe neighbouring towns... the road system and the majority of the local drivers is truly pathetic... this is not an opinion, but simply stating the fact about it... even my local mass. friends agree to that fact... but it is life as it is here in mass.

I take it YOU are from Mass.?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Racer

Okay, I concede that Boston is the main issue here, not the whole Mass. I take it YOU are from Mass.?
I don't think he knows what state he's from since he's 90 years old. He might have a Honda lawn mower engine attached to his walker.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by OneOfOne
WOW, someone is sensitive....There is a well known term, MASShole.

Masshole

N: Generalized term for a resident of Massachusetts......has evolved to mean any obnoxious loudmouth. The most genuine Massholes are so ignorant and belligerent that they think Masshole is a compliment.

A Masshole takes pride in his aggressive and illegal driving habits. They are too cool to use turn signals. They will nearly wreck you as they cut you off pulling out of the local strip mall, and then drive 30 miles an hour in a 55 zone while they try to light their cigarette while screaming at their children.

A Masshole's car could be a brand new BMW or a beat up 88 Chevy Caprice. It will probably have a "My Kid is an Honor Student" sticker and a sticker endorsing some Irish or Italian local politician you've never heard of.

Massholes infest the nicer northern states of New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine during the summer months and, ironically, do nothing but complain about the lack of malls once they get there.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wrestrepo

Masshole

N: Generalized term for a resident of Massachusetts......has evolved to mean any obnoxious loudmouth. The most genuine Massholes are so ignorant and belligerent that they think Masshole is a compliment.

A Masshole takes pride in his aggressive and illegal driving habits. They are too cool to use turn signals. They will nearly wreck you as they cut you off pulling out of the local strip mall, and then drive 30 miles an hour in a 55 zone while they try to light their cigarette while screaming at their children.

A Masshole's car could be a brand new BMW or a beat up 88 Chevy Caprice. It will probably have a "My Kid is an Honor Student" sticker and a sticker endorsing some Irish or Italian local politician you've never heard of.

Massholes infest the nicer northern states of New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine during the summer months and, ironically, do nothing but complain about the lack of malls once they get there.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
westrepo Hit it dead on....To be a driver in Metro Boston you have to meet the following requirements....

1. Do not use turn signals.
2. Do not use your mirrors.
3. Have cell phone or Blue Tooth device attached permanently to ear.
4. Have limo tint on all windows.
5. On multi lane divided roads, immediately merge into the far left lane and start texting.

I'm actually a transplanted Vermonter, here for the money, but as soon as I retire, it's back to the Green Mountain State.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lumpulus
westrepo Hit it dead on....To be a driver in Metro Boston you have to meet the following requirements....

1. Do not use turn signals.
2. Do not use your mirrors.
3. Have cell phone or Blue Tooth device attached permanently to ear.
4. Have limo tint on all windows.
5. On multi lane divided roads, immediately merge into the far left lane and start texting.

I'm actually a transplanted Vermonter, here for the money, but as soon as I retire, it's back to the Green Mountain State.
I'm like you, here in Mass for the job and money. But was totally shocked by the way Boston drivers behave and drive...
It is too bad they built their current road infrastructure on an ancient road system that was for horse carts in the olden days. totally confusing. Even fools the GPS units. The rotary roundabout traffic control system is a real stupid idea... especially when you have really aggressive drivers who is not yielding and rushing into the rotary when it is not safe to do so... Had a few scares when navigating the rotary system...
Old 10-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wrestrepo

Masshole

You guys are hilarious! lol

I grew up in MA and while I don't disagree with all the criticisms about us being bad drivers, keep these facts in mind:

1. There are more than 100 colleges and universities in MA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Massachusetts). That translates to, I dunno, a gazillilon college students running and driving around. Not the greatest drivers (or the most caring)

2. The roads in and around Boston are small, tight, and very crowded. Population density per square mile is very high. Traffic jams are common. People are frustrated and in a hurry. Not enough parking spaces.

3. There are bad drivers from everywhere. I drive the Mass Pike (Rte 90) everyday and you know what? The worst drivers I see are from NY, CT, RI, and NJ. They hog the left-lane, cut people off, move in/out of traffic, talk on the phone oblivious to the world. The CT drivers are absolute terrors. If it were up to me, I'd force all non-MA drivers to take a driving test before entering our border!!

4. Patience is the key. I get cut off *ALL* the time because I like to leave a little space between me and the guy in front. People see that as an opportunity to swoop in. I take a deep breathe. I back off. I go on.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
you mean hog the left lane WHILE GOING 55mph - FUCKING TERRIBLE.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by MMike1981
you mean hog the left lane WHILE GOING 55mph - FUCKING TERRIBLE.
Come to Oregon, they do 45 in a Prius..
Old 10-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDXBOYMA
You guys are hilarious! lol

I grew up in MA and while I don't disagree with all the criticisms about us being bad drivers, keep these facts in mind:

1. There are more than 100 colleges and universities in MA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Massachusetts). That translates to, I dunno, a gazillilon college students running and driving around. Not the greatest drivers (or the most caring)

2. The roads in and around Boston are small, tight, and very crowded. Population density per square mile is very high. Traffic jams are common. People are frustrated and in a hurry. Not enough parking spaces.

3. There are bad drivers from everywhere. I drive the Mass Pike (Rte 90) everyday and you know what? The worst drivers I see are from NY, CT, RI, and NJ. They hog the left-lane, cut people off, move in/out of traffic, talk on the phone oblivious to the world. The CT drivers are absolute terrors. If it were up to me, I'd force all non-MA drivers to take a driving test before entering our border!!

4. Patience is the key. I get cut off *ALL* the time because I like to leave a little space between me and the guy in front. People see that as an opportunity to swoop in. I take a deep breathe. I back off. I go on.
I agree with your suggestion to be patient, that is definitely what I have been trying to do all this while that I have been here in Boston.

But your comment about other state drivers being the real problem, is a bit far fetched. I live in Acton, a small town community to the north west of Boston. There is the rotary at Concord/Acton boundary, where 111, MA2 and MA-2A meets. It really freaks me out each time I try to navigate the rotary. People about to enter the rotary are suppose to yield to vehicles already in the rotary, and enter only when it is fairly clear to do so. Well, many times now, when I am already going around the rotary, a couple of idiot mass plate drivers, cuts me off right in front of me, and almost got into an accident. And all these drivers were Mass. plated. Down-right aggressively reckless drivers.
So their excuse, as you put it, they are in a hurry??? Well, is that good enough to warrant causing a potential accident? What about the countless Mass plated drivers, again here in Acton alone, talking on the cell phone and nearly caused accidents by swerving into my lane unexpectedly. One time this driver, literally drove on two lanes, and after I honked her, she simply drove back to her lane, continued talking on her cell phone, without even apologizing for being rude in her driving mannerism. For your information, the roads in Acton are not narrrow, and not as congested as in Boston.

There has been many instances now, where the road was pretty jammed up and cars were at crawling speed, and these idiots would come right up to the rear of my car, trying to make me go faster. Of course, I would do what you would expect me to do, just drive at the speed I see fit; but it is downright irritating to have people behaving in such a rude manner.

Why are people in Mass. in such a hurry and rush???
Old 10-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Advanced

I agree with your suggestion to be patient, that is definitely what I have been trying to do all this while that I have been here in Boston.

But your comment about other state drivers being the real problem, is a bit far fetched. I live in Acton, a small town community to the north west of Boston. There is the rotary at Concord/Acton boundary, where 111, MA2 and MA-2A meets. It really freaks me out each time I try to navigate the rotary. People about to enter the rotary are suppose to yield to vehicles already in the rotary, and enter only when it is fairly clear to do so. Well, many times now, when I am already going around the rotary, a couple of idiot mass plate drivers, cuts me off right in front of me, and almost got into an accident. And all these drivers were Mass. plated. Down-right aggressively reckless drivers.

So their excuse, as you put it, they are in a hurry??? Well, is that good enough to warrant causing a potential accident? What about the countless Mass plated drivers, again here in Acton alone, talking on the cell phone and nearly caused accidents by swerving into my lane unexpectedly. One time this driver, literally drove on two lanes, and after I honked her, she simply drove back to her lane, continued talking on her cell phone, without even apologizing for being rude in her driving mannerism. For your information, the roads in Acton are not narrrow, and not as congested as in Boston.

There has been many instances now, where the road was pretty jammed up and cars were at crawling speed, and these idiots would come right up to the rear of my car, trying to make me go faster. Of course, I would do what you would expect me to do, just drive at the speed I see fit; but it is downright irritating to have people behaving in such a rude manner.

Why are people in Mass. in such a hurry and rush???
I grew up not far from Acton and I know the rotary that you're talking about. You're in a fairly affluent suburban area (avg income in 2005 for Acton is $104k, Concord is $214k, Lexington is $157k) and one of my unpopular theories is that rich people are not nice drivers (nor are minivan drivers, but that's another story).

I sympathize with you, being new to MA and all. I'm certainly not trying to defend the bad drivers! However, kudos to you for learning how to enter/exit the rotary properly - not many know (or care to know). Accidents happen often at rotaries. I rear-ended somebody awhile back because she yielded when she wasn't supposed to.

Have you switched to an MA plate? BTW, be wary of drivers in the green plates!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDXBOYMA
I grew up not far from Acton and I know the rotary that you're talking about. You're in a fairly affluent suburban area (avg income in 2005 for Acton is $104k, Concord is $214k, Lexington is $157k) and one of my unpopular theories is that rich people are not nice drivers (nor are minivan drivers, but that's another story).

I sympathize with you, being new to MA and all. I'm certainly not trying to defend the bad drivers! However, kudos to you for learning how to enter/exit the rotary properly - not many know (or care to know). Accidents happen often at rotaries. I rear-ended somebody awhile back because she yielded when she wasn't supposed to.

Have you switched to an MA plate? BTW, be wary of drivers in the green plates!
Yes, I have converted to the MA plate, why wary of drivers in green plates?

The rotary is a constant stress for me everytime I use it. When I am about to enter the rotary, I have drivers behind me "pushing" me to make the move to enter the rotary at my own risks, so they can move up quickly to enter (real selfish self-centered jerks). I bet if they were at the front instead, they will get mad at me for "pushing" them.
Then when I am driving in the rotary, idiots rush out into the rotary when they are not suppose to and dangerously cut me off, leaving just inches of clearance... Idiotic jerks...

Rotary systems work if people realize that the system becomes efficient when people actually follow the principle behind it, and not rush it. Simply... when you are driving inside the rotary, you have the right of way... otherwise yield and wait (patiently) for your turn when it is safe to enter the rotary...