so far loving my RDX

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so far loving my RDX

So far i love this car. Bought it a few months ago and like a few other buyers the gas mileage was depressing. I've definetely seen a bump up (or down) since around 1500 miles. concidering that i live in the urban jungle that is Chicago my average speed is around 15 mph....pulling down almost 17 mpg isnt THAT bad.

My requirements were:

had to have something performance related since owning a Jetta 1.8T i needed something that i could drive as aggresively, with similar handling and turning radius so i can snag those parking spots on the other side of the street.

Needed to be able to move a pinball machine in it (jusr barely fits). Yes i have a serious arcade problem . I love the tie down hooks in the back and the metal latches that the chairs click into make amazingly strong tie down points.

Needed to be small to parallel park (back up camera makes this amazingly quick), fit in my garage and fly around cramped streets.

Needed to be able to fit a car seat in the back seat (no we're not DINK's we're DIOK's for now ). With the Jetta the passenger seat would eat dashboard turning any full family excursion into a chauffer affair. The car seat fits nice in the RDX and the vehicle takes up the same footprint as the jetta.

cars we concidered:

rav4. couldnt get over the cheap-0 tire on the back look. loved everything else about the car including the low cargo floor in the back.

mitsu outlander. felt slightly underpowered in comparison to the RDX and since the rear seats didnt fold flat it was automaticly eliminated. I would recomend it to anyone who doesnt have my cargo needs though, really nice and comfortable. Loved the in dash music server (would be great if the RDX had this)

crv - didnt like the styling

cx-5 the salesman couldnt be assed to call me back with a measurement of the rear opening so wrote it off. the RDX's interior is much nicer. and i dont like the cr-v's red instrument lighting...feels like i'm driving a pontiac.

I would have concidered the ford edge but it was hard to find one to test drive and i knew a lot of people who were stuck waiting for them.

things i wish were better on the RDX.

-key likes to open up in my pocket
-center console is a pain to open for the passenger (should have been hinged in back)
-change holder is in the worst possible area.
-wish there was a rubber protector for the cargo entrance.
-would be nice to have a button to choose if unlock unlocks all doors or just the front doors. i hate having to go through the rubiks cube combination to enable or disable this....pretty stupid.
-passenger seat should be automatic and have heat in the seat back.
-glove compartment is pretty inaccessable. maybe have a pop up one higher up?
-air conditioning vents would be nice in the back...as well as cup holders that arent in the center armrest.
-having to click the navi disclaimer (arrggghh).
-whole menu/audio system could use a little more refinement (being pretty picky here)

overall it's worth it for the 2 nightlights over the center console

I really enjoy it and i'm glad i went with the RDX.

-c

-
Old 05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CraigC, you might consider getting Acura's rear cargo mat which DOES flip down to cover the rear bumper while you load your pinball machines. Dig it! (And your hobby!) They are cheaper at the internet stores like handa, hondacuraworld, etc.

Congrats on your new RDX! Yeah, there are a few niggling complaints everyone has, but eeeh, not enough to give many of us second thoughts. Truly an enjoyable ride.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
COOL! I think a lot of us just LOVE this SUV!....oh &

Needed to be able to move a pinball machine in it (jusr barely fits). Yes i have a serious arcade problem .
I hear ya! Mine is Slot machine & Video poker. Haven't haulded one in there yet, but nice to know it works!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is also a bumper protector accessory. I see these selling for $50 on EBay, but it needs some kind of special glue to install, which is not included.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can also use the MID to change the settings for the door locks if you want them to all open at once...