RDX's main competition off of Consumer Reports' recommended list

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:49 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please tell me where I bash the RDX, and it is just totally unfounded and not true(Like the interior, at 37K, a leather wrapped gear knob should be standard, and the car should use less plastic) NO doubt this is the best fit I've seen from Acura, because the new (early build) MDX is a mess, popping out vents, people sleeping at the factory leaving door fasteners off, etc..
Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I know this is a public forum, i kno people are free to do as they please....but can someone please explain to me as to WHY AP hasnt, i dunno, not followed the rules of this website...you guys are 100% anal about posting links to anything that the site doesnt support & or promote (why someone cant say they are selling their car and provide a link is beyond me), how can you let this person trash everyting that is good about this site and the Acura name and just basically promote Ford & Mazda, if i may i would just like to make a gigantic inference (that prob isnt true but worth a shot) in saying this person somehow has some connection with MAzda/Ford and their sole purpose is to promote a competitors product and bad mouth Acura as a whole or in part .......get AP off this site. ive seen tons of people banned for different reasons (not on this site but on others) why is this sucha difficult thing to get rid of this idiot. BAN HIM/HER. or everyone just please ignore this fool so we can carry on in a civilized normal fashion.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by MMike1981
or everyone just please ignore this fool
There you go!
Oh and, I didn't bother to read that entire block of crap you wrote, but haha I'm working for Ford now too, Thanks for letting me know, but I want to know where my check is!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
hahahahahahhahahaha, please call me a girl some more, I mean really make your day.
That wasn't supposed to be insulting, I was under the impression you were female.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
I signed on these boards because well......I was getting great information from fellow acurazine members when I purchased my RDX.

Reading this thread has also brought great entertainment value from AP.

But honestly though he or she is just a troll who is seriously unhappy with her CX7 purchase or needing to justify her or his purchase on these boards IMHO.
Otherwise why would they be here every thread I read lately has this person trying to bait all the members it was fun for a while now its becoming a little old in the tooth.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
I totally agree!

Originally Posted by Jiangximom
Hmmm...I owned a BMW before I purchased my RDX. I don't think you can make blanket statements about "Most of the people that buy BMW's don't even consider Acura."
I totally agree with you that that was an incorrect statement by the other poster - I cross-shopped between BMW and Acura before I got my TSX. For my next car, I will consider BOTH BMW AND Acura again! :-)
Old 10-30-2007, 06:32 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by ostrich
I totally agree with you that that was an incorrect statement by the other poster - I cross-shopped between BMW and Acura before I got my TSX. For my next car, I will consider BOTH BMW AND Acura again! :-)
How many BMW's did you have before that? What other Car Makes have you had?
It matters to what I was saying.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AP you don't happen to work on Townsgate road in Westlake Village, do you?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:40 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by ACURascal
AP you don't happen to work on Townsgate road in Westlake Village, do you?
I Don't work in Toaks.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 702 Likes on 544 Posts
low-end BMWs are for losers who care too much about their self-image. I will never buy a cheap BMW. Wealthy people driving 7 series are probably laughing their asses at losers getting entry level BMWs to appear cool, wealthy, or whatever.

If I ever have the money I will go with 7 series, but until that time I will stick with Toyota/Honda.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by darth62
The RDX was rated "better than average," with a repair rate that was about 30% better than average and also better than nearly every first year model on the road. The "owner satisfication rating" (Would you buy this vehicle again?) was only average though.
To put this in perspective: CR 's Owner Satisfaction scale (would you buy again? -- yes) starts with a black circle for 0 to 49%, while 80 to 100% get the highest -- a red donut.

So the three middle grades would be:

50 to 59% -- below average, lower black circle.

60 to 69% -- average, empty circle.

71 to 79% -- above average, upper red circle.

We can determine from this that 60 to 69% of RDX owners said they would buy again (and CR's circle/donut scale is painfully goofy).
Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by russianDude
low-end BMWs are for losers who care too much about their self-image. I will never buy a cheap BMW. Wealthy people driving 7 series are probably laughing their asses at losers getting entry level BMWs to appear cool, wealthy, or whatever.

If I ever have the money I will go with 7 series, but until that time I will stick with Toyota/Honda.

Mezhdu nami durakami yest odin bolshoi durak....

I would guess that you've never owned what you call a low-end BMW. I started with a 325, moved to a 330Cic, then to an M5, then M3 (convertible)... all for style, availability and personal preference... NEVER for the price, image, or for want of ability to pay. I would never want to drive a 5 or 7 series sedan (non convertible)... so we see another sweeping generalization that is wrong.

I think if you drive a car to impress anyone but yourself, you're missing out on most of the fun.

Nothing personal..
Old 11-01-2007, 01:45 AM
B A N N E D

I would guess that you've never owned what you call a low-end BMW. I started with a 325, moved to a 330Cic, then to an M5, then M3 (convertible)... all for style, availability and personal preference... NEVER for the price, image, or for want of ability to pay. I would never want to drive a 5 or 7 series sedan (non convertible)... so we see another sweeping generalization that is wrong.

I think if you drive a car to impress anyone but yourself, you're missing out on most of the fun.

Nothing personal..
You know, the reason why some RDX owners bought RDX's was because they we're Acura's, right?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Intermediate

Nothing personal..
Totally agreed. Although some people want a nice car just for the pretension of it--I'll never understand that personally, but to each his own.

Interestingly, when my wife wanted a new car she started with the 7 Series. We test drove that and then the 08 Accord, and it was amazing how equivalent the Accord is. The 7 series just wasn't worth the extra dough; we were shocked. I'm not saying they were exactly equal, but we saw no reason to pay more for the Beamer (though it is prettier).
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 AM
big shot.

its AP in disguise as a russian dude
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Instructor

You know, the reason why some RDX owners bought RDX's was because they we're Acura's, right?
Don't know about "most" or even "some." And I don't know that you could unless you ASK them yourself. For me, I bought the RDX because it BLEW AWAY the competition (X3, 330/350, CX-7, MKX). Coming from BMW sedans and Lexus SUVs I know what I want and how to recognize it when I see it.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
B A N N E D

Don't know about "most" or even "some." And I don't know that you could unless you ASK them yourself. For me, I bought the RDX because it BLEW AWAY the competition (X3, 330/350, CX-7, MKX). Coming from BMW sedans and Lexus SUVs I know what I want and how to recognize it when I see it.
It most certainly did not "blow away" the X3, nor did it the MKX.
Please the X3, RWD FTW.
The RDX still loses to the X3 in comparo tests.
The MKX isn't even in the same class(cannot be compared, same for the Lexus), and it has sold more units than the RDX.
XIS bought his RDX because it was an "Acura" not a "MAZDUH".

The CX-7 Isn't in the same class either, but it looks(SUBJECTIVE, but ask 100 people, most will say the CX-7 looks better, style means a lot to people, so it matters.), stops(Can we say, FADE), rides better and has more cargo room, as well as ground clearance(WILL come in handy, Different climate changes, accidents).
Dispite SH-AWD it still has understeer, and at the limit oversteer.
And for 37K, You can do WAYYYY better.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Instructor

It most certainly did not "blow away" the X3, nor did it the MKX.
Please the X3, RWD FTW.
The RDX still loses to the X3 in comparo tests.
The MKX isn't even in the same class(cannot be compared, same for the Lexus)
Despite the fact that you're trying to redefine MY appraisal, I'll still let you know that I'm not going to debate the color of the sky in your world. All of your nonsense will come home to affect your ability to function in the rest of the world, because one simply can't continuously replace reality with one's own crap without consequences.

I will, however -- this one last time -- point you toward a direct comparison of the RDX, the X3, and the MKX conducted by Motor Trend in August of 2007. I'll not provide the link, hopefully you're capable of actually looking up some factual records yourself, though your commentary here casts grave doubt upon that precept.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Suzuka Master

I knew this would start flames, well, go and whine about it at the BMW message boards.... I will never consider an entry level BMW models, they just suck.
Its my opinion, and I stick to it.
M3 and M5 is a different story...
beamers become attractive to me when they typically cost over 50Gs.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BMW's are nice. Well, the nice ones are nice. They do drive nice... But when I drove the X3 (just after the RDX came out), I thought the RDX was quicker, cornered much better, had a much nicer interior and way better stereo and the exterior was much more modern...that coupled with far better reliability and a better price (loaded 34K), I guess the RDX does blow the X3 away.

...don't feed the trolls....

:troll:
Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 PM
B A N N E D

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...w-x3-30si.html
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I knew this would start flames, well, go and whine about it at the BMW message boards.... I will never consider an entry level BMW models, they just suck.
Its my opinion, and I stick to it.
M3 and M5 is a different story...
beamers become attractive to me when they typically cost over 50Gs.
I'm going to have to disagree with you. My dad has a 330i. Driving that, and then driving my TSX is like night and day. The TSX is a lot of fun to drive, and it feels smooth and polished. But, the Beemer handles like a true sports car. Its in a whole different league and probably the best car I've ever driven.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:56 AM
B A N N E D

Again I don't understand how the TSX in its current FWD 4CYL(I drove one when I was looking for MDX replacements) form can out do the BMW in any department, unless it has that shotty active steering that I hate, and most people HATE. The 330i Handles better than my A4, and the A4 handles better than the TSX, but then again my A4 has quattro.

I would never get a 335i because there is no LSD, I would consider a M3 though, but then I would have to look at the RS4.

I bought my "entry level" Audi because I wanted this excellent 2.0FSI turbocharged wonder, and I didn't want a GLi, I wanted more luxury, and AWD.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I bought my "entry level" Audi because I wanted this excellent 2.0FSI turbocharged wonder, and I didn't want a GLi, I wanted more luxury, and AWD.
And again, no reliability.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 AM
big shot.

I must have forgotten, the 3 series sedan, what a piece of shit. this board is getting more delusional by the day.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
AbovePrime's A-4 :

(Sorry guys, I couldn't help it....this thread's shot anyway.)
Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MMike1981
I must have forgotten, the 3 series sedan, what a piece of shit. this board is getting more delusional by the day.
3 series sedan is a piece of shit!

But I will take 535 or M3 anytime
Old 11-02-2007, 02:01 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by XLR8R
AbovePrime's A-4 :

Wow, so funny I just can't control the laughter.

But looks like they caught the RDX! Big mouth bloating looking BASS.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by lumpulus
And again, no reliability.
I don't care about reliability, I'd rather be in my problem free A4 than some ugly bloated looking RDX.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:19 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by XLR8R
AbovePrime's A-4 :

age seems right on par too
Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[troll] Gender is incorrect..... [/troll]

Old 11-02-2007, 02:26 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
hahaha.....No but you rather drive a Mazda CX7 wanna be RDX.