RDX's biggest downfall

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your revs were lower, you'd need to downshift to do any kind of passing. At 3500, at least you are high enough in the torque to pass someone (although were not talking anything super aggressive here).
Old 06-21-2006, 02:52 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fast1
If your revs were lower, you'd need to downshift to do any kind of passing. At 3500, at least you are high enough in the torque to pass someone (although were not talking anything super aggressive here).
True. But with six gears, I figure 4th or 5th is for passing, and 6th is just for cruising.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
Because, above all else, it's a Honda.

And if it's a Honda, you can be sure they will sacrifice performance for that extra bit of fuel economy.

I get 17mpg on premium with 60% highway driving from my M45...if I'm lucky. No way in hell a company like Honda would have the balls to pull such an act in regards to fuel economy.
Not sure if you were saying that was positive or negative, but there sure as heck is nothing ballsy about poor gas mileage. With today's prices, and give the type of vehicle the RDX, excellent gas mileage is a must, and I'm sure it'll perform well in the real world.

And like haroman said - all of those claiming to know the "RDX's biggest downfall" - TEST DRIVE THE FREAKIN CAR or let's at least wait till its put up in a comparo between the X3 and others.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vishnus11
Not sure if you were saying that was positive or negative, but there sure as heck is nothing ballsy about poor gas mileage. With today's prices, and give the type of vehicle the RDX, excellent gas mileage is a must, and I'm sure it'll perform well in the real world.

And like haroman said - all of those claiming to know the "RDX's biggest downfall" - TEST DRIVE THE FREAKIN CAR or let's at least wait till its put up in a comparo between the X3 and others.
Overall, Hondas tend to lean on the fuel efficient side of things, which explains the overdrive gearing. So yes, it has everything to do with balls because a conservative company like Honda would be VERY ballsy if they produced a car with poor gas mileage.

It's negative or positive depending on your priorities.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Overall, Hondas tend to lean on the fuel efficient side of things, which explains the overdrive gearing. So yes, it has everything to do with balls because a conservative company like Honda would be VERY ballsy if they produced a car with poor gas mileage.

It's negative or positive depending on your priorities.
It's a positive to 99.99% of folks out there - better gas mileage that is :wink:
Old 06-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by vishnus11
It's a positive to 99.99% of folks out there - better gas mileage that is :wink:
Yeah, I guess you're right since Americans hate SUVs.

better gas mileage is a positive, but not at the expense of things such as performance or towing capabilities or cargo area...even if one never uses a vehicle's performance, towing capabilities, or cargo area to its potential.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Yeah, I guess you're right since Americans hate SUVs.

better gas mileage is a positive, but not at the expense of things such as performance or towing capabilities or cargo area...even if one never uses a vehicle's performance, towing capabilities, or cargo area to its potential.
I'm sorry, but unless you actually use the performance, towing, and cargo areas to their capacity on a regular basis, you have no right to bitch about it after buying the car. You knew what you were getting into when you made the purchase so bitching about it after the fact is just silly.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
I'm sorry, but unless you actually use the performance, towing, and cargo areas to their capacity on a regular basis, you have no right to bitch about it after buying the car. You knew what you were getting into when you made the purchase so bitching about it after the fact is just silly.
My sentiments exactly.

But i actually think the people who don't need to use their vehicle to its potential are the very people who make the most noise.

If someone tows a boat or cargo regularly, then they know they are using their gas efficiently to get done what they need, so they have a reason not to complain...they are putting their gas-money to good use.

It's the soccer moms and dads that need a hummer or suburban to drive their kids to school and to the mall that complain, because they have no legit reason to be using all that gas so they can't justify the costs in their mind...their gas-money is not going to good use.

i don't think 99.9% of people will give up their needs for an SUV or truck, or the "image" for better fuel efficiency though...not in America anyway.