RDX vs XC90 vs Q5

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
RDX vs XC90 vs Q5

Hey guys,

I've just started looking into purchasing an SUV and I was wondering if anyone has any information to help me decide. I was wondering if:

1) Any other SUVs you may recommend,
2) Any known SUV-wide problem (such as XC90 has been know for early transmission failures; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XC90 "Many owners of the T6 variant reported very early transmission failures, many before 60,000 miles (97,000 km). Some owners reportedly went through two transmissions in that time." and "At the end of July 2007, Volvo Car Corp. announced the recall of 42,211 2005 model year XC90s in order to check their batteries to avoid the risk of an internal short circuit and fire.")
3) What you like on the RDX/XC90/Q5 if you have multiple SUVs,
4) What you think is best "bang for the buck"

I understand that this is an Acura forum and it's likely that many will have a preference for the RDX which I don't mind at all since it's still very much helpful in deciding.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!!

Last edited by dajonx; 08-24-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1) EX35, but it is quite a bit smaller in the back seats and storage area.
1) RX350 - decent power, amazing ride and luxury
2) nothing significant - there is a page here with all the TSBs listed.
3) RDX - power, acceleration, handling, sound system, reliablility, resale value
3) XC90 - does nothing for me and not familiar with its details or price
3) Q5 - more luxurious interior, smoother (power and ride) - but more more more money
4) RDX, hands down. Probably my most objective answer of them all.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,538 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Are you looking for a new or used RDX? There were only minor interior changes from 07-09 model years (suspension change from 07-08). The 2010-2011 had the mid-model exterior changes (minor interior changes compared to 07-09).

Depending on your timeframe, there is a good chance an all-new 2012 RDX "MIGHT" be out next year. Acura does pretty good job of adding new tech/features to stay competitive with other luxury brands. I've looked at or test drove a lot of SUVs and it is hard to beat the RDX or MDX for style, features, resell value, tech, and reliability.

You should compile a list of the Acura RDX standard features and compare it to the other brands with the same features. You will have to do without in other brands to meet the same price of the RDX.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by dajonx
Hey guys,

I've just started looking into purchasing an SUV and I was wondering if anyone has any information to help me decide. I was wondering if:

1) Any other SUVs you may recommend,
2) Any known SUV-wide problem (such as XC90 has been know for early transmission failures; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XC90 "Many owners of the T6 variant reported very early transmission failures, many before 60,000 miles (97,000 km). Some owners reportedly went through two transmissions in that time." and "At the end of July 2007, Volvo Car Corp. announced the recall of 42,211 2005 model year XC90s in order to check their batteries to avoid the risk of an internal short circuit and fire.")
3) What you like on the RDX/XC90/Q5 if you have multiple SUVs,
4) What you think is best "bang for the buck"

I understand that this is an Acura forum and it's likely that many will have a preference for the RDX which I don't mind at all since it's still very much helpful in deciding.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!!
If you are looking to buy new, here is what I think,
XC90>RDX>Q5
The reason is that the XC90 is offering a very good comprehensive maintenance and repair program, included in your purchase. So, not only "free maintenance" but they also repair it for 5 years....so no worries there. I believe that the XC is a superior vehicle to the RDX in size and fit and finish. Better buy now before the Chinese f it up.
The RDX is a great car for the money you pay....and that's really it. It lacks some "things" and features that the competition offers, plus is a love it or hate it ride.
The Q5 is a beautiful car, but pricey as hell.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Are you looking for a new or used RDX?
Looking for new. Yeah, there's a possibility of waiting to purchase the 2012 RDX. This purchase is for my wife and we want to get an SUV when we have a kid so safety is huge. I've read reviews that the RDX's reliability and safety is A+ and the RDX is leading the SUV list because my wife wants to have same brand automobiles (I have a TL).

Yeah, I will have to make a list of features and price out the SUVs and compare.

The Q5 is pretty pricey. I just wasn't sure how much "better" it is than the rest. XC90, for me, is out of the running. Those issues are huge and the people in the XC90 forums all say they wouldn't have purchased the XC90 if they had known.

I was also wondering if anyone had problems with renewing the XM subscription after the three months? I had it in my TL, but that was so long ago and I didn't renew. I've read about bad customer service, but unsure if it's still that bad?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
If you are looking to buy new, here is what I think,
XC90>RDX>Q5
The reason is that the XC90 is offering a very good comprehensive maintenance and repair program, included in your purchase. So, not only "free maintenance" but they also repair it for 5 years....so no worries there. I believe that the XC is a superior vehicle to the RDX in size and fit and finish. Better buy now before the Chinese f it up.
The RDX is a great car for the money you pay....and that's really it. It lacks some "things" and features that the competition offers, plus is a love it or hate it ride.
The Q5 is a beautiful car, but pricey as hell.
Really...? I'm just so iffy from all of the "horror stories" about the tranny quitting on them. My sister has a XC90 and their tranny is still going (they did say that they had other problems, but I think it's just from the lack of maintenance...).
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 PM
XIS
Lizard King

Free repairs still SUCK and are a far cry from the peace of mind that reliability offers.

Westpro - every car lacks something that another car has. What is missing from the RDX that the competition has? What are these 'things' and features?
Hell - my RDX has many more "things and features" than my pop's 2009 Porsche Turbo!

??
Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
XIS
Lizard King

gotta song in your head? Share!

Originally Posted by MMike1981
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW, my replies (some are actually to help you not consider some other vehicles LOL)...
a) consider: CR-V (i personally think it's better "built" too BUT of course, it's not an acura rdx - your wifey = does she care about build or grunt?)
b) so far, for the rdx rattles, misaligned body stuff such as wheel well lip rubber liners (i learned how to fix eventually), etc... but you know what? my friend has a GLK - we bought at the same time -- and he has the same rattles in his more expensive GLK - door handles, tailgate issues, squealing brakes,
c) power, electric gadgets, spaceship like console, handling
d) no doubt best bang for buck for me RDX... im a value guy
Old 08-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Advanced

I purchased the RDX in 2007 after a year of evaluating every small to medium "cute-ute" in all price categories. There were over 20 to start with.

The hard objectives were fairly simple:
1. Top safety ratings and equipment -- no exceptions.
2. All wheel drive for snow season.

Beyond that we were somewhat flexible as carmakers all have different areas they do well in and each choice has desirable features.

Flexible objectives:
3. Carry a family of four plus luggage comfortably.
4. Engaging driving experience.
5. Above average or better reliability.
6. Something close to 20 mpg average.
7. Timing chain preferred. (I do all our maintenance and have changed too many timing belts).

One big benefit to evaluating cars thoroughly is -- when the salesmen see that you have a spreadsheet with with note boxes for multiple categories on 20 different cars -- they give up and leave you alone! In the end, both the written data and our personal feelings pointed to the RDX. Three years have passed and we have no regrets. Two of the sporty new choices; the Tiguan and EX 35 -- are both too small.

If I was looking today, my top 3 would be the RDX, Outlander GT and Q5. (The CR-V is always a strong contender on value.)

ps. Not sure why you are comparing the XC-90 to the RDX and Q5; it's a big, three-row boat.....and yes, Reliability always trumps Warranty!

Last edited by Samdog-1; 08-24-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:19 PM
big shot.

im not going to rehash all my arguments comparison in yet another thread about the cuvs out right now.

the best one out is the Q5, it CAN BE HAD at an additional cost that is NOT so astronomical as many ppl would lead you to believe. The product on the whole is better; the drive, fit/finish, quality, engine, handling. the RDX is very very close in the handling dept, but the V6 wins and the Q5 just rides on all surfaces better than the RDX. its more refined, and much more upscale. that said, if the Q5 is the top of the class, the RDX plays the poor mans Q5 role. if you dont have the money to go around 42k on a nicely equipped and better equipped Q5, stick with the RDX. the addition of the 2.0 Q5 makes the Q a hell of a lot more competitive at a lower price point with all the equip of the acura plus things like the panoramic roof, rear hvac, power tailgait etc. you can get one with the B&O soundsystem (which is absolutely stunning to hear) for around 42k (sticker) (Premium Plus Trim).

The Q5 2.0 Premium plus is one hell of a package. all the equipment of the acura plus alot more. its a matter of what you like and how much you are willing to spend for it at the end of the day. alot of people find the compromises made in the RDX do not outweigh the value of the vehicle thus making it hard to justify more cash for a similar product. i find my RDX to be more honda than acura and more CRV with a turbo and better AWD, thats about it. it is not luxurious really and at least for me, leaves alot to be desired in terms of available features and options compared to the competition.

if you dont want to see 40k, the acura is probably the best of all worlds choice right now under 40k. above or around 40k, Q5 all day. altho i hate the 2011 RDX styling, its price point is the main attraction; theres really nothing else to be had in its area.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 PM
big shot.

and btw, the new volvo has written up very very favorably. i question the quality, but thats because i had a shit mazda cx-7. not sure what the roots of the volvo are tho.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:46 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,538 Likes on 1,197 Posts
For me, it came down to the most “bang for the buck” and reliability. I've been a Honda/Acura fan since my first used 81 Honda Accord HB I purchased to $1100 in 1990 and sold it 4 years later for $1200. I've been hooked on Honda/Acura ever since. I wanted to spend X amount and keep it for Y amount of years; I couldn't find a better vehicle at that price point.

Honda/Acura usually gives you want you need, not what you want. They always seem to be lagging behind in several key performance and/or luxury features found in other manufacturers. It usually takes a mid-model make over or fully redesigned model to keep up with the "Jones". What I do like about Honda/Acura is they don't option you to death with trim levels and extras like other luxury brands. You can spend $5,000 to $15,000 options with MB, BMW, Infiniti, etc..

The RDX comes with Navi or no-Navi and pick your color. I like that! This is why Acura can keep the quality, reliability and the higher resell value. I will keep my 06 TSX for my 12 year old son when he starts to drive in a few years. The RDX will be a commuter and short trip car for my family for another +5 years. I’ve been very happy in the last 20 years with all of my Honda/Acura purchases.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
ADD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In some ways, you're comparing apples and oranges. We have an Infiniti EX35 and an RDX. The EX has nav and Bose, is RWD and feels more luxurious. Our RDX feels more nimble and seems to have quicker pick-up. Our RDX has more rear seat legroom too, but it's a toss-up as far as I'm concerned. I like them both. How's that for an un-helpful answer.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Thank you very much for all of the information you have provided me! I especially liked to read about your perspectives and experiences as well as your personal findings when deciding which SUV to purchase.

I understand that "you get what you pay for" for the Q5. It is, in a way, comparing an M5 to a Prius (obviously a complete exageration). Also, I understand that everyone's "must have" aspects of their respective SUV differs between person to person.

Your contribution to this thread has helped me eliminate the XC90 mainly due to the reliability (or lackthereof at least in the past) factor. Also the price is very comparable to the RDX SH-AWD with Technology trim and the interior just looks better to me and my wife.

So far, the list seems to be:
1) Q5 - Top of the budget...
2) RDX - Bang for the buck
3) CR-V - Low cost
4) RS350 - Need to research more about this

My wife doesn't like the way the Infiniti looks so that's out. And we have considered the CR-V mainly due to the lower cost.

Please, if you have any additional information or questions, don't hesitate to post! Again, I really appreciate everyone's contribution in helping us out!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drive them all!! The way it drives, at least for me, is a major factor. Though I have never driven a Q5, the way the RDX drives + bang for the buck = purchase.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
xc90 is dated and i wouldn't be surprised if there are ford parts on the vehicle

xc60 is nice but gets expensive with options... the Q5 is now available with 2.0t 8at trim so the price should be closer but still more expensive then the rdx. The main deciding factor is which one you like to drive the best
Old 08-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Good decision on the Volvo.

I would lurk the Q5 forums for a while and see what kind of trouble they are having. VW/Audis can be a technical nightmare.

Also, I wouldn't make a decision without at least looking at and driving the Mitsu Outlander GT.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Cruisin'

Where does the Tiguan fit here?

Originally Posted by bg905
Drive them all!! The way it drives, at least for me, is a major factor. Though I have never driven a Q5, the way the RDX drives + bang for the buck = purchase.
I recently bought an '08 RDX, it was a replacement for an '02 Audi allroad and we also have an '06 Audi A3 in the household. The Q5 wasn't in the price range we were looking for, which is how we ended up with the RDX.

The usable powerband in the RDX is just too hard to get to on a regular basis, I'm starting to wonder if I might like the Tiguan better, there is certainly more aftermarket support for the VW/Audi 2.0T engine than there is for ours in the RDX.

I know the 'luxury' aspects of the RDX will not be matched by the Tiguan, but that hasn't been satisfying for me, I keep stealing the A3 to get a fix. I know it has the DSG and sits much lower (although it is comparable in weight to the Tiguan), but I'm hoping some of that driving fun is available in the Tiguan.

Hopefully, I'll be taking one for a ride in the next week or so.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Cruisin'

We test drove a Tiquan before we bought the RDX. We have had mostly VW's so we were excited to go drive it. Drove a 2011.Not too impressed. And coming from our passat that had constant problems I was disappointed to see some of the same things in the Tiquan. The push button parking brake(rear pads needed replaced at 33K and it has to be done at dealer for 650!! ) Was told this was normal. Not sure if they come with DSG but the sales guy said it was the same tranny as in our passat-which was also being looked due to heavy drop downshifts....same problem we had in our Touareg. And for 33k you get leatherette and a downsized nav screen...really? The only VW we had that did not have problems was our 01 GTI. So in short we converted.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Get the Hondata reflash and ENJOY!

Originally Posted by 07RDXTechTB
I recently bought an '08 RDX, it was a replacement for an '02 Audi allroad and we also have an '06 Audi A3 in the household. The Q5 wasn't in the price range we were looking for, which is how we ended up with the RDX.

The usable powerband in the RDX is just too hard to get to on a regular basis, I'm starting to wonder if I might like the Tiguan better, there is certainly more aftermarket support for the VW/Audi 2.0T engine than there is for ours in the RDX.

I know the 'luxury' aspects of the RDX will not be matched by the Tiguan, but that hasn't been satisfying for me, I keep stealing the A3 to get a fix. I know it has the DSG and sits much lower (although it is comparable in weight to the Tiguan), but I'm hoping some of that driving fun is available in the Tiguan.

Hopefully, I'll be taking one for a ride in the next week or so.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
10th Gear

dajonx,

We just went through the same process and ended up with a similar set of 3 cars, only difference was that we were looking at the XC60.

One point to surface which no one has brought up yet is that you should consider how long you keep your cars. If it is only for the duration of the warranty, then the Q5 would be a great choice. It was my favorite of our 3 finalists. We keep our cars until they hit about 150k miles though and from everything I could gather about Audi's, after about 70k miles they start getting expensive. We had a Volvo 740 and that was the case with it as well. If you are aware of the service cost going in and are okay with it as well as the initial price of the Q5, it would be a fun car. To us, the initial cost of the Q5 combined with the prospect of much more cost over the life of the car eliminated it, reluctantly. We have had the RDX for just over 2 months now and are extremely happy with it. No regrets, even when I see the Q5's.

It's a tough choice. Good luck with it.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Cruisin'

Thought about that...

Originally Posted by XIS
Get the Hondata reflash and ENJOY!
My allroad was flashed and so is the A3, unfortunately, it is a much more involved process with the RDX (removing and sending the ECU to CA).

I'd really like to find a local RDX with a Hondata flash to drive, but haven't had any luck yet.

Last edited by 08RDXTechTB; 11-02-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
"Like None Other"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ok, here are my thoughts...

Q5 is nice EXPENSIVE, and offers alot but the quattro is NO MATCH to the SH-AWD or bmw x-drive system --> look for yaself http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/10...all-wheel.html

XC90...just plain boaty and ugly lookin...not a fan BUT i do here the reliabilty and safety IS pretty good on that truck.

Tiguan...and expensive JOKE....truck is way small and most of them are front wheel drive...did i mention they cost too alot? id rather add a few more dollars and get a touareg

RDX...i bought this truck for my wife because of its BANG for BUCK! with the tech pkg, u got alot inside and out. the sh-awd doesnt really show its potential until you "push" it or encounter some close call situation...the interior is pretty nice as well but not as luxurious as the q5 BUT better than the bland xc90's. i just felt i got alot more SUV for my $ and reliability. just my thoughts tho.

have you looked at teh new X3? those look pretty nice and they are bigger i believe. Good Luck
Old 11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
Are you looking for a new or used RDX? There were only minor interior changes from 07-09 model years (suspension change from 07-08). The 2010-2011 had the mid-model exterior changes (minor interior changes compared to 07-09).

Depending on your timeframe, there is a good chance an all-new 2012 RDX "MIGHT" be out next year. Acura does pretty good job of adding new tech/features to stay competitive with other luxury brands. I've looked at or test drove a lot of SUVs and it is hard to beat the RDX or MDX for style, features, resell value, tech, and reliability.

You should compile a list of the Acura RDX standard features and compare it to the other brands with the same features. You will have to do without in other brands to meet the same price of the RDX.
Minor Interior???
NAV was upgraded (better screen, weather)
Bluetooth upgraded (load a phonelist, more functions)
Power seat added to passenger side
Power seat, mirror, and radio station memory added for driver
USB for I-pod now standard
ETC
Old 11-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Cruisin'

The other thing to consider is how long will you own the vehicle and how much will you drive it. I have owned several Audis and finally came to the conclusion that I drive too far and keep my cars too long to have an Audi. I was at the point with my a4 that I was relieved if a trip to he shop was only $600.

At the same time we have had excellent luck with my wifes a6 but it is only driven 6000 miles a year.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Minor Interior???
NAV was upgraded (better screen, weather)
Bluetooth upgraded (load a phonelist, more functions)
Power seat added to passenger side
Power seat, mirror, and radio station memory added for driver
USB for I-pod now standard
ETC
1. Only nav upgrade is the weather, the screen resolution is the same
2. You're right about the BT upgrade
3. 09's already have power passenger seat
4. My 09 already has seat and mirror memory for 2 drivers
5. You're right about the USB upgrade.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by corduroygt
1. Only nav upgrade is the weather, the screen resolution is the same
2. You're right about the BT upgrade
3. 09's already have power passenger seat
4. My 09 already has seat and mirror memory for 2 drivers
5. You're right about the USB upgrade.
The RDX should have been launched with those "upgrades" to the bluetooth and the USB port....heck, the 07 and 08 should have had electric seats for the passenger...this is the area where I say, I feel shortchanged....
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 AM
1st Gear

good info here. I am also on the same boat.. started out with CRV now moving towards RDX, Q5, X60

here is what i gathered for my decision
CRV AWD - 28000 may be 3 % APR
RDX AWD - 35000 1% for 3 yrs or 2 % for 5 years
Xc60 AWD - 38000 0% for 3 yrs
Tiguan AWD - 35000 2% for 3 years

I dont know if i am leaning towards RDX and ended up in Acura forum but hopefully i make the right decision. My decision points are great drive feel and control, price, 5 ppl and cargo for long drives and bluetooth and music in the same order.. any suggestions comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by kappapilla
good info here. I am also on the same boat.. started out with CRV now moving towards RDX, Q5, X60

here is what i gathered for my decision
CRV AWD - 28000 may be 3 % APR
RDX AWD - 35000 1% for 3 yrs or 2 % for 5 years
Xc60 AWD - 38000 0% for 3 yrs
Tiguan AWD - 35000 2% for 3 years

I dont know if i am leaning towards RDX and ended up in Acura forum but hopefully i make the right decision. My decision points are great drive feel and control, price, 5 ppl and cargo for long drives and bluetooth and music in the same order.. any suggestions comments would be greatly appreciated.
You need to move a size up then...room for 5 people and cargo in a compact CUV? You would be better getting a Honda Pilot or something that size, it would be in the same price range and would probably get the same fuel economy than the RDX with two more cylinders.

The Tiguan is 35K (assuming is loaded)? WOW!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 PM
big shot.

An additional bit of info that may be substantial - the rear seats of the RDX are fixed; they do NOT recline or move back/frwd. The Q5 does. CRV has reclining. not sure about the other models.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by MMike1981
An additional bit of info that may be substantial - the rear seats of the RDX are fixed; they do NOT recline or move back/frwd. The Q5 does. CRV has reclining. not sure about the other models.
Tiguan move forwards and backwards. Great leg room if you don't have anything in the trunk...
Old 11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
big shot.

didnt know that, never really dug into the tiguan, for that money, i would always consider something other than a Voltz, even if it were a really nice Voltz.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have to agree with westrepo here. The RDX and CRV are going to be too small for 5ppl on long drives (including cargo). The Honda Pilot would be a good alternative, if you want to step up you could look at MDX if in price range. Another alternative could be the Toyota Highlander or 4Runner. Forewarn that I haven't looked at either of the Toyota's but just thinking of size, reliability (yes even after their fiasco I believe they still have good reliability), and mpgs.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 AM
StayAtHomeDad

The MDX would not be in the price range (for a new car), the Pilot will. Highlander would be a good option, you could even get a Hybrid in that range.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
As part of the decision I tink you'd need to think about the RDX reflash and ATLP exhaust...heightens the performance so much...
Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Seriously, we allow sponsors to come into discussions and add no value but try and make a sell. That's ridiculous. If the moderator's are reading this, if this continues I'm going to be really disappointed in this forum.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by phoward_15
Seriously, we allow sponsors to come into discussions and add no value but try and make a sell. That's ridiculous. If the moderator's are reading this, if this continues I'm going to be really disappointed in this forum.

First off, I have been here for 5+ years. I am as much a part of the community than anyone else. The comment is legitamate.

Secondly, I would definitely say that having some nice aftermarket parts available would influence my decision to buy a car. The comment is legitamate. This is from my perspective...an opinion amongst many.

Thirdly, this is not your thread. The comment was intended to give value to the OP, and nobody else. So the fact that you find my comment without value means very little in this case. If it was your thread, I'd apologize. But it isn't, so chill out.

Geez, this USED to be a forum where I could say what I wanted without the whole vendor discrimination thing going on. Just because I sell parts my recommendations and opinions are invalid?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
First off, I have been here for 5+ years. I am as much a part of the community than anyone else. The comment is legitamate.

Secondly, I would definitely say that having some nice aftermarket parts available would influence my decision to buy a car. The comment is legitamate. This is from my perspective...an opinion amongst many.

Thirdly, this is not your thread. The comment was intended to give value to the OP, and nobody else. So the fact that you find my comment without value means very little in this case. If it was your thread, I'd apologize. But it isn't, so chill out.

Geez, this USED to be a forum where I could say what I wanted without the whole vendor discrimination thing going on. Just because I sell parts my recommendations and opinions are invalid?
Do you even sell RDX stuff?

Just asking...

Quick Reply: RDX vs XC90 vs Q5