RDX in for repairs, ZDX loaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Meow.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink RDX in for repairs, ZDX loaner

While the 2009 RDX is at the dealership with navigation issues, they gave me a 2010 ZDX Tech as a loaner.

Couple thoughts:
- Even though it looks funky in pictures, it does look quite nice in person. It's grown on me a lot.
- Black on the ZDX makes it look like a bat-mobile
- Interior is really nice. I like the blacked out buttons when off and how stealth-like the whole dash looks.
- Rear seat room is lacking, but then again, I'm driving so it doesn't bother me
- Start/Stop Button and Intelligent key is a feature I desperately wish that the RDX had.
- Because it is a V6, decent grunt off the line
- Handling wise, feels sharper than the RDX. Probably because the RDX has a higher roof and softer suspension. I can feel and see the SH-AWD kick in more so than the RDX
- ZDX feels big in comparison to the RDX. I feel like I'm driving a tank sometimes.
- ZDX makes me feel like a boss.
- Visibility (blind spots) are terrible in the ZDX

Conclusion: If I could straight trade my RDX for the ZDX, I would definitely consider it.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:01 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Like the Nike commercial goes "just do it"
Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by wspy
Like the Nike commercial goes "just do it"
lol - I actually saw the ZDX in person when it first came out. (Black color)
Look pretty good but won't be right for me...I drive my family around and my little monster (Dog) sits in the trunk of the RDX and he is no small dog.

So the only good choice for me is the RDX or MDX; if I was single with no pets...ZDX is the way to go!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Meow.

Originally Posted by JCRDX11
lol - I actually saw the ZDX in person when it first came out. (Black color)
Look pretty good but won't be right for me...I drive my family around and my little monster (Dog) sits in the trunk of the RDX and he is no small dog.

So the only good choice for me is the RDX or MDX; if I was single with no pets...ZDX is the way to go!
Very much agreed. If you have a family or big pets, the ZDX is a terrible car. But Otherwise, I still like it a lot.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by felixthekat
While the 2009 RDX is at the dealership with navigation issues, they gave me a 2010 ZDX Tech as a loaner.

Couple thoughts:
- ZDX feels big in comparison to the RDX. I feel like I'm driving a tank sometimes.
- ZDX makes me feel like a boss.
- Visibility (blind spots) are terrible in the ZDX

Conclusion: If I could straight trade my RDX for the ZDX, I would definitely consider it.
I got to drive a ZDX loaner for a couple of days recently, and I feel just the opposite in regards to the driving feel. The RDX has a light zippy feel to me, where as the ZDX felt heavier, and therefore needs the V6. My wife has a CTS and I get the same feel from it as well. They just feel very heavy after driving the RDX.

And yes, the visibility in the ZDX was bad.

With that said, if I didn't need the utility of the RDX, and it fit in my budget, I would get a ZDX in a heartbeat.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Meow.

Originally Posted by f1nzup
I got to drive a ZDX loaner for a couple of days recently, and I feel just the opposite in regards to the driving feel. The RDX has a light zippy feel to me, where as the ZDX felt heavier, and therefore needs the V6. My wife has a CTS and I get the same feel from it as well. They just feel very heavy after driving the RDX.

And yes, the visibility in the ZDX was bad.

With that said, if I didn't need the utility of the RDX, and it fit in my budget, I would get a ZDX in a heartbeat.
I feel that, in terms of acceleration, yea the RDX may feel a bit zippier. But in terms of handling, even though the ZDX is huge, the SH-AWD really kicks in much better and pushes you through the corner. I don't feel that as much in the RDX, not until I really give it the beans.