rdx power under rated

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rdx power under rated

After researching this car,I have come to the conclusion,that honda/acura has under rated the rdx's power.The dyno from temple of vetech has this car at least 260 hp /260 trk up to 270/270.0 to 60 around 7 seconds.This is pretty fast for a 3950 pound suv.I test drove the rdx,and it felt just as fast as the auto tl,at least to me.I like the idea of the turbo four.You get close to the power of a 3.5 ltr v6,with a little better gas milage,and at leaset 2 to 3 thousand cheaper.Not to mentioned it weighs less,and keeps the front end of the car light.This car is close to a 50/50 weight balance.When i drove the tl.,it felt really nose heavy.I also don't understand the complaints regarding the cargo area.It's not bad.Ok the bmw has more,but at the sacrifice of the interior passenger space.The acura has much more interior space for the passengers.I am coming from driving 2 bmw 3 series.I would like more interior space,with some utility.I still want the sport car like handling.This car fits the bill perfectly for me.I also like the bmw x3,but it is barely any bigger inside than my e90 bmw 325.Next year when my lease is up,I will be seriously looking at the rdx.I want to purchase this time,so the acura is a great deal.Oh,i also have to comment on the sh-awd.WOW,not only does it give you good traction for winter,etc.It also really improves handling.This car felt really neutral and well balanced,I think the rdx is more bmw like than any other acura.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Advanced

i cant agree more with you, one of my friends sat in my RDX and he asked," when did bought this Audi?"
Old 11-26-2006, 02:39 PM
9th Gear

You have a great opinion, however, just for your information, I hope you know that a space comes after every comma (,). Hehe. Just a heads up, I'm pretty sure you probably know, but you know... Just in case. Lol.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by seevemonka
After researching this car,I have come to the conclusion,that honda/acura has under rated the rdx's power.The dyno from temple of vetech has this car at least 260 hp /260 trk up to 270/270.0 to 60 around 7 seconds.This is pretty fast for a 3950 pound suv.I test drove the rdx,and it felt just as fast as the auto tl,at least to me.I like the idea of the turbo four.You get close to the power of a 3.5 ltr v6,with a little better gas milage,and at leaset 2 to 3 thousand cheaper.Not to mentioned it weighs less,and keeps the front end of the car light.This car is close to a 50/50 weight balance.When i drove the tl.,it felt really nose heavy.I also don't understand the complaints regarding the cargo area.It's not bad.Ok the bmw has more,but at the sacrifice of the interior passenger space.The acura has much more interior space for the passengers.I am coming from driving 2 bmw 3 series.I would like more interior space,with some utility.I still want the sport car like handling.This car fits the bill perfectly for me.I also like the bmw x3,but it is barely any bigger inside than my e90 bmw 325.Next year when my lease is up,I will be seriously looking at the rdx.I want to purchase this time,so the acura is a great deal.Oh,i also have to comment on the sh-awd.WOW,not only does it give you good traction for winter,etc.It also really improves handling.This car felt really neutral and well balanced,I think the rdx is more bmw like than any other acura.
i'm curious how much parasitic hp loss there is when the power hits the sh-awd and to the wheels. obviously, you have to figure for the minimum theorectical 15-20% power loss to the wheels...