probably going to get heat for this maybe even kicked

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
probably going to get heat for this maybe even kicked

I'm new to the acura zine forum and acura in general. But the support on this forum is the worst. Or maybe it's just the rdx??? All I see is a lot of Unanswered questions. And new people reaching out with questions. All to find no help. Maybe I was just lucky with other forums. OR maybe there's a better rdx forum that I don't know about. With that said, I'm going to finish my posting on the wheel and tire setup that I'm going to run but after that I'm dropping g the mic.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

Link to tire rim setup. https://acurazine.com/forums/tires-w...l-work-943491/
Old 03-30-2016, 05:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 891 Likes on 681 Posts
Originally Posted by kooch20
I'm new to the acura zine forum and acura in general. But the support on this forum is the worst. Or maybe it's just the rdx??? All I see is a lot of Unanswered questions. And new people reaching out with questions. All to find no help. Maybe I was just lucky with other forums. OR maybe there's a better rdx forum that I don't know about. With that said, I'm going to finish my posting on the wheel and tire setup that I'm going to run but after that I'm dropping g the mic.
No you are totally right. This part of the forum is one of the worst forums I have ever seen. There is like zero support and real talk but surprisingly about 37 rdx owning members on here. I think it was really busy at some point, but this model sold in really low numbers to start with, so don't expect great numbers of people here anyways.
The following users liked this post:
kooch20 (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Intermediate

It's a shame. Must be the crappy sales numbers over the years. And the type of people buying Rdx's.
Not so much of a tuner car. Truly is a shame. I mean I didn't buy the rdx bc of a forum but I'll tell you I bought the rdx thinking there was a forum. I still like the rdx. Forum or no forum.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:56 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,521 Likes on 1,186 Posts
The 1st Gen RDX was a low volume vehicle during its run. It was a very love it or hate vehicle with more people hating it to the point the 2nd Gen RDX only has the name in common with the 1st gen. I'm lucky to see 1-2 1st Gen RDXs in my town per month compared to 5-10X 2nd Gen RDXs. A lot of us 1st Gen RDX owners are already over 100k and are slowly looking for the next replacement.

The 1st Gen RDX is a hammer in a world with very few nails. It is just going to get worse as time goes on.....
Old 03-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

It's a shame. Must be the crappy sales numbers over the years. And the type of people buying Rdx's.
Not so much of a tuner car. Truly is a shame. I mean I didn't buy the rdx bc of a forum but I'll tell you I bought the rdx thinking there was a forum. I still like the rdx. Forum or no forum.
Only a certain number of people come onto forums, a vast majority do not. Couple that with the rdx'd low sales numbers, and you got even less people, then couple that with the rdx's unicorn status in the acura lineup and in general
Un-tune-friendly setup.

Most really active car forums usually feature a vehicle preferred by the tuner crowd (evo, wrx...etc). Or a vehicle that sold in large volumes, or appeals to a younger male crowd, or has a brand backing, like VW for example.

We have a lot of really nice members on here though, and like mrgold says, the 1G rdx is ageing. Most are over 100k, very few people buy a vehicle with that mileage and then proceed to put money into mods for it.

Its sad, but very likely to only get worse.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:03 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
The 1st Gen RDX is a hammer in a world with very few nails

Most of the 1st gen owners I see around here seem like young family folks or old hippie ladies. None seem like forum types.

But I for one love the car. Fortunately I'm still at a low-ish mileage state, and since I walk to work, it should remain that way for a long time to come.

It's been talked up one side and down the other, but it seems like there is no truly satisfying replacement for the 1st gen RDX. In a reasonable price range or with Honda reliability at least.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
It's been talked up one side and down the other, but it seems like there is no truly satisfying replacement for the 1st gen RDX. In a reasonable price range or with Honda reliability at least.
This 1000%. Literally nothing even mildly close as a replacement. It really sucks too.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:02 PM
Intermediate

This is case of the hard cold truth. You are all right.
Here I came in super eager and ready to go and was hit with (I did'nt know it at the time ) THE TRUTH.

To be honest this might not be the most popular but sure is the nicest forum!
Cant believe i didn't get completely flamed out.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:51 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
This is case of the hard cold truth. You are all right.
Here I came in super eager and ready to go and was hit with (I did'nt know it at the time ) THE TRUTH.

To be honest this might not be the most popular but sure is the nicest forum!
Cant believe i didn't get completely flamed out.

Ok, just in case you were disappointed, lol. Welcome to the nice forum!
Old 03-31-2016, 07:56 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,521 Likes on 1,186 Posts
I'm already close to 130K on my TSX/RDX each and 72K on my MDX. My youngest (and last) is about to grad from H.S. this year and there are no more cross country drives to track meets (with the RDX when he was younger and MDX last few years). The wife and I are really thinking hard about upgrading to a sh-awd TLX as our main traveling car since it will be just the two of us (no track gear to haul around). We will use the TLX for traveling to his college track meets in the southwest (hate flying). The TLX will most likely be my RDX replacement to fill the gap to see if Acura will bring back a little more sport into its SUV/CUV lineup after 2020.

I'm really going to be sad to let the RDX go on that day.

Last edited by mrgold35; 03-31-2016 at 07:59 AM.