Pohanka Acura Dealer Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pohanka Acura Dealer Service

Unfortunately there is no MDX forum, so RDX it is.

I bought my wife a new MDX two weeks ago from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA. Great car, great buying experience. We decided to take the car out to Bethany Beach for the weekend. While my wife was driving around a crowded parking lot she managed to run her tire directly through something that created a huge puncture in the side wall. Tire = dead.

So here it is on a Saturday, Labor day weekend and I'm 160+ miles from home. I call every tire store in Delaware that I can find and NO ONE can get me a 255/55 R18 until Tuesday at the earliest. I called the Acura dealer in Dover, DE and they were no help at all.

In desperation I called our Pohanka service department and explained our situation. The skinny little spare that comes with the vehicle is not exactly good for driving home on and we needed to be heading back on Sunday. Mandel Way, the service advisor I spoke to, said he did have the tire in stock. He then did something incredible: he offered to drive out to us and deliver the tire in person as soon as he finished closing out the service department.

True to his word he showed up at our place in Bethany and delivered the tire. It's a 3 hour drive here and a 3 hour drive back. I kept asking him if he was sure it was ok and he kept insisting that it was. I gave him a large tip (which he refused several times until I kept insisting) - just a really classy guy that just wanted to help his customer.

Every other place I contacted was unwilling or unable to help us when we needed it; Mandel at Pohanka came through when I didn't have any other options. Needless to say I would highly recommend these guys to anyone.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
^^ glad to hear you had a good experience from pohanka, i have never actually had a good experience with them
Old 09-01-2007, 10:41 PM
8th Gear

I'm delighted you received excellent service from Pohanka (we're looking to buy from them if we get the RDX and not the EX when it arrives in a few months).

I trust you also plan to write a glowing letter to Pohanka's GSM on Monday morning telling him how thrilled you are with Mandel's initiative to go well beyond expectations.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by goodkarma
I trust you also plan to write a glowing letter to Pohanka's GSM on Monday morning telling him how thrilled you are with Mandel's initiative to go well beyond expectations.
You bet - we're also writing to Acura corporate about it.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Originally Posted by goodkarma
I'm delighted you received excellent service from Pohanka (we're looking to buy from them if we get the RDX and not the EX when it arrives in a few months).

I told ya.....buy mine!!! I'll ship it out there.....!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Intermediate

I've had great service from Pohanka for nine years now, glad to hear your account. I've dealt with Mandel also, very nice classy guy. I've also dealt a good deal with Mike Covington, another service manager at Pohanka. In fact, Mike replaced the stereo in my first TL for free when it had problems, even though it was past warranty. Of course, I followed up with a thank you letter to Acura as well. Helps, of course, to build a relationship with the dealer I think. Good to hear some positive accounts.