Lease price going down?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease price going down?

I'm waiting for RDX with tech package 2 month now and i think i'm going to give up.

the lease rate this month went up to $499 per month and $4495 down.
last month it was $499 per month and $1495 down

This price is not even considering as price because this is crazy high. I want to ask your opinion guys, will the price go down next month? I'll take it for a normal price based on other lease rates - $399 per month with $1495 down. What do you this guys? should i wait or give up now and take a different car?

thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Advanced

Id bet itll go down once the initial excitment drops off. On my recent test drive, the dealer told me no discount off MSRP when I got there. After test driving, they said, they could work on the numbers: meaning a $500 discount wold be easy and $1000 could be done IMO. Others have reported of discounts coming more easily now, so patience is your friend.

I dont think supply is an issue at all, especially with the RDX being made in OH. The last 3 acura dealers ive been to have had 5 or more RDXs on the lot.

So, if you can wait, Acura/Honda will readjust the rates to comply with consumer demand.

It COULD go up again, but I find that highly unlikely.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s4iscool
Id bet itll go down once the initial excitment drops off. On my recent test drive, the dealer told me no discount off MSRP when I got there. After test driving, they said, they could work on the numbers: meaning a $500 discount wold be easy and $1000 could be done IMO. Others have reported of discounts coming more easily now, so patience is your friend.

I dont think supply is an issue at all, especially with the RDX being made in OH. The last 3 acura dealers ive been to have had 5 or more RDXs on the lot.

So, if you can wait, Acura/Honda will readjust the rates to comply with consumer demand.

It COULD go up again, but I find that highly unlikely.
I'm not too sure about your supply comment, I've been waiting for my tech RDX since the end of August and still don't have it. Most recent call I got from the dealer was the end of this month. Original estimate was end of Sept. I think it depends on your area (and how many dealers), whether you want the base or tech package, and whether you want to take whatever color combo they have on the lot. Seems to be a reoccuring theme that there are plenty of base models, that seems to be what is sitting on the dealer lots.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Advanced

Ok, that is true, Id guess than of the 5 or so I see on a lot, only 1 or 2 will be the Techpack. I dont see why you would wait that long though...can your dealer not do a trade, or are acura dealers too far away to go elsewhere?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Advanced

hmm.. i do not think i'm gonna wait 22 days more. because even if the will lower the price it will not go down a lot. it is still going to be insane high. so i think i'm going to take a maxima 2007 wich has all the features, much powerfull then RDX and still cheaper.

thanks.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Instructor

Apparently they did do a trade with another dealer, but it was for one in line for production, not for one on the way or on the lot. I could have taken one they had on the lot at the end of August with the color combo I wanted, but it was one of the first ones the dealer had delivered that people were test driving (I test drove it too). They were only willing to discount $300-$500 and it had a couple hundred miles on it, so I turned it down and said I would wait for one that hadn't been driven (and beat on!) :shakehead

It will be worth the wait. If I go with something else, I'll be wondering what it would be like to have the RDX. I tend to keep my cars a long time and I don't want to drive another car with buyer's remorse for 5+ years. We bought an RSX a year ago and the dealer told me about the RDX back then and I've been watching and waiting ever since, so a couple more weeks isn't going to make a difference.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Advanced

But if they not going to move prices down that what is the point to wait? They willing to loose customer, by selling a few RDX with insane HIGH prices, then selling a lot with normal prices.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Racer

If you can wait, then you'll help yourself out. The holidays tend to be a good time to car shop because people are out buying gifts typically and not hitting the dealerships for major car purchases. I bought my TSX on Thanksgiving day weekend and got a pretty good deal! (holiday weekend and near end of month for them) Plus waiting a little while on a new model means you'll get the vehicle that already has the minor fixes and adjustments to the assembly line completed.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Advanced

is it really possible that they are giving discounts at holliday? i think it's just a scam
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Advanced

its more of an end of the month issue. Lots of dealers have quotas to fill by the end of the month. Even fi they meet it, sometimes they will move a lot on price to sell a fewcars at the end of the month, because they always have higher and higher sales incentives. So it does help to go in near the end of the month. Sometimes they are more desperate, sometimes they are happy with their goals, and wont budge any differently