how to remove stuck mud/soil dust stuck on rdx leather seat crevices

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to remove stuck mud/soil dust stuck on rdx leather seat crevices

went hiking today and inadvertently realized (albeit too late) that there was caked mud (which turned to mud/soil "dust") on the backside of my jogging pants. some of the mud caked and got stuck on the leather seat -- would you guys have any idea what's the best way to remove the stuck dirt/mud dust on the folds of the bucket seat? (by folds i mean the areas where there's stiching and the like) - am wary of using too much water (it is after all leather which may crack later on) but most of it is gone now except for the folds/stiches - there's also some on those little holes which ill try to vacuum.

just as an added description: the mud/soil dust accumulation on the stiches as well as where the "\" and "/" parts of the seats meet the "_" part of the seat also is hard to remove. {i think of the our bucket seat as \_/ shape right? so i used the "\" and "/" parts just where it meets with the "_" part to illustrate where it's hard to remove the dried soil}

as well, any tried and tested leather seat maintainer or conditioner easily available out there?

appreciate you recommendations/advice
many thanks
Old 10-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
addendum questions, hope you dont mind:

a) what are our rdx seats made of? is it real leather so that we can use real leather conditioners? and

b) related to a), i just read in the manual (page 28 and 35 in the 2010 version) that we cannot have water or any liquid spill/soak onto the seat/seatbacks (as it may interfere/damage the sensors for airbags etc) - that being said, is applying any leather conditioner still recommended then? (assuming our seats are made of real leather, that is)

thanks again.

Last edited by discovermac; 10-24-2010 at 12:26 AM.