How much are people paying for an RDX in Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
How much are people paying for an RDX in Ohio?

I am just wondering how much people are paying for an RDX in Ohio? I am in the Cleveland area and I am wondering if the dealers here are selling them close to invoice like some other parts of the country?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
ask for a quote?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Drifting

I am still debating...

Originally Posted by loulinjai
ask for a quote?
No, I have not asked for a quote, because I am still debating what to do next... my TSX is 3 years old now. I am tempted to sell it after 4 years, which will be in time for the 08 RDX or MDX - by then hopefully they will have even more standard equipment in the price! However, if the prices now are really tempting, then I might change my mind.... ???

On the other hand, I really love my TSX now! So it may be hard to let it go....
Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ostrich - There have been a number of good deals reported on the "Discount" thread. I am not sure that any have been in Ohio. Many have been at or near invoice. Plus there is a pretty good finance rate being offered by Acura (4.9% or better for well qualified buyers). This got us to bite.

You can request quotes via email and see what dealers in your area are quoting. First check and see how many vehicles are in their inventory and if there is one that you are interested in. Once you know this, request quotes via email. I would not be shy about requesting invoice and I wouldn't limit the dealers contacted to those within a few miles of your home. Getting a quote from a dealer that is 75 miles away gives you some leverage when dealing with your local dealership. There is a great site called carbuyingtips.com that really goes into detail on the whole process and how to get a good deal. It worked for me. Good luck. Jay
Old 12-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda/Acura doesn't typically add new features until the 3rd year of a new model. There may be new paint colors next year, but that's probably going to be it.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't they make some changes to the RL after one year? I thought I read that somewhere. Since the RDX is in a similar boat in terms of poor sales, perhaps it will get some minor fixes for the second model year.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Drifting

Thanks, JayCT!

Originally Posted by JayCT
ostrich - There have been a number of good deals reported on the "Discount" thread. I am not sure that any have been in Ohio. Many have been at or near invoice. Plus there is a pretty good finance rate being offered by Acura (4.9% or better for well qualified buyers). This got us to bite.

You can request quotes via email and see what dealers in your area are quoting. First check and see how many vehicles are in their inventory and if there is one that you are interested in. Once you know this, request quotes via email. I would not be shy about requesting invoice and I wouldn't limit the dealers contacted to those within a few miles of your home. Getting a quote from a dealer that is 75 miles away gives you some leverage when dealing with your local dealership. There is a great site called carbuyingtips.com that really goes into detail on the whole process and how to get a good deal. It worked for me. Good luck. Jay
Jay, thanks! I did read the posts on that thread, but as I remember, none of them was from Ohio. I am not in a rush to get a new car, but I might just take the plunge in 2007! I certainy will take a look at carbuyingtips.com - thank you so much!

BTW, I bet you there will be changes made to the 2008 RDX since it has not been selling that well.... didn't the 05 TSX also get something thrown in too, like the heated side mirrors and passenger side power seat?