AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G RDX (2007-2012) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/)
-   -   How long did you have to wait? (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/how-long-did-you-have-wait-680737/)

girlie girl 11-23-2006 10:01 AM

How long did you have to wait?

We signed the papers for our RDX last Saturday, but we have to wait about 2 months to get it (due to popular colour combo).

Did any of you have to wait to get your vehicle? If so, how long?

The wait is killing me... :excited:

jbinnyc 11-23-2006 10:05 AM

wow, what's the colors? tech or non? i am told all colors combinations are available here in the new york area.

girlie girl 11-23-2006 10:11 AM

White with black interior (Tech).

DNPhotography 11-23-2006 03:59 PM

aha white/black is the best! we waited about 1 week for ours.

gomboy60 11-23-2006 04:10 PM

white/taupe/tech

Waited 1 and half month.
Love the color combo.

MGS2007 11-23-2006 07:05 PM

I had to wait 5 weeks from when we signed the papers and put the deposit to when we took delivery.

It was a tough wait, but worth it in the end.... :thumbsup:

MGS

Fishbulb 11-23-2006 09:42 PM

I'm shocked you have to wait that long. Every dealer I've been to has plenty of stock RDX's in the Greater Toronto area.

I guess the white/black is a very rare combo.

MGS2007 11-24-2006 11:44 AM

We are from Vancouver, I guess not many RDX's are coming here.

Our RDX is the Graphite Pearl and the Tech package. Apparently, there are very few of these in the Greater Vancouver Area.

As I mentioned in another post, when we were looking around for an RDX, no dealers in our area (we went to 3 of them) had many RDX's. I think they had like 2-3 including a Demo at each dealer.

In fact, when we picked up the car, there were no Graphite Pearl RDX's on the lot and most were the non-tech model.

Oh, and I didn't see any white RDX's either when we were looking. The White and Graphite pearl colours are probably hard to find. They did have Black and Red tho.

MGS

acurardx 11-24-2006 02:19 PM

Rdx

Originally Posted by MGS2007
We are from Vancouver, I guess not many RDX's are coming here.

Our RDX is the Graphite Pearl and the Tech package. Apparently, there are very few of these in the Greater Vancouver Area.

As I mentioned in another post, when we were looking around for an RDX, no dealers in our area (we went to 3 of them) had many RDX's. I think they had like 2-3 including a Demo at each dealer.

In fact, when we picked up the car, there were no Graphite Pearl RDX's on the lot and most were the non-tech model.

Oh, and I didn't see any white RDX's either when we were looking. The White and Graphite pearl colours are probably hard to find. They did have Black and Red tho.

MGS

I guess Vancouver is even more short in stock than Toronto !!! I guess the dealers in US are all jealous of the Canadian Acura dealers :tomato:

diamondpearl_ 11-29-2006 01:01 PM

bought the very first one on the lot (white/black) when it just came out

flags 11-29-2006 03:12 PM

Only had to wait about 3 days for Carbon Grey/black/tech

chyllintsx 11-30-2006 12:29 AM

i dont think white/black/tech is a popular demand, i think they dont carry alot of those... what is popular in demand is silver/black/tech... which is what i have and i waited a month....

my dealership had all these non techs and bronze, black/white... silver/white.. all stupid combos

DNPhotography 11-30-2006 02:57 AM

white/black is popular here

mbjude 11-30-2006 05:59 AM

white/taupe/tech was the one i got, I still have 2 black cars so enough of the black madness. very hard to keep clean.

chyllintsx 11-30-2006 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
white/black is popular here

oh yea i forgot canadians love white cars for some reason... i saw pics of a canada tsx meet... like 20 cars 18 white... lol

JayCT 11-30-2006 10:21 AM

WOW - Within 75 miles of here there are probably 200 RDXs available in very color combination. We went with Carbon Gray with taupe interior and had several dealerships to choose from. But then again we are between NY and MA and there are a lot of dealers selling Acuras. Good luck. Jay

hellokitty 11-30-2006 10:27 AM

I was lucky, they had only 1 with the color combination I like, Carbon Bronze/Taupe (my bf doesn't like any dark color interior). I did the paper work and picked up the car yesterday.

jenny acura 11-30-2006 12:06 PM

white is the hardest to get because Honda has a paint process and on white it has to go through twice once for the base white and again for the pearl so be patient it is worht it!

hellokitty 11-30-2006 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jenny acura
white is the hardest to get because Honda has a paint process and on white it has to go through twice once for the base white and again for the pearl so be patient it is worht it!

I saw a few white color RDX sitting @ my dealer's lot, I guess it really depends on the area.

girlie girl 12-01-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
oh yea i forgot canadians love white cars for some reason... i saw pics of a canada tsx meet... like 20 cars 18 white... lol

We have a large asian community here and I understand that white is a lucky colour for them. I think that's why they went so fast.

Skeandhu 12-01-2006 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by chyllintsx

Also blends in better with our beloved snow. It's like an "invisibility" anti-theft device. :thumbsup:

(sorry, couldn't help it :pofl: )

coldbuttfood 12-05-2006 12:45 PM

difference

Originally Posted by mbjude
white/taupe/tech was the one i got, I still have 2 black cars so enough of the black madness. very hard to keep clean.

i also have the white/taupe/tech...do u notice and difference in the color from the white bottom front of RDX and/or the back bumber and the tail gate?..love it, just turned over 5tho mile.miliage geting better..cbt

c_hunter 12-05-2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by coldbuttfood
i also have the white/taupe/tech...do u notice and difference in the color from the white bottom front of RDX and/or the back bumber and the tail gate?..love it, just turned over 5tho mile.miliage geting better..cbt

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580

iforyou 12-05-2006 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by mbjude

Man you will have a tough time keeping your white RDX clean! I have a 02 TL-S pearl white and boy when it's clean it looks so nice. But when it rains....my car would get dirty so quickly. In fact, I just washed my car on saturday, in the afternoon, it wasn't even raining that day but the road was still wet because the snow was still melting. After a 45 min drive, it's very dirty once again....as long as it's not raining, then you are fine, but if it does (especially if you drive beside a truck since it will splash water at your car), then your car will get dirty in no time.

Anyways, good luck!

jbinnyc 12-05-2006 07:10 PM

one week for black & ebony! well worth the wait!

snowboard1 12-09-2006 09:17 AM

plenty of RDX's on the east cost. My friend bought a white black tech off the lot for $2k under with a deal on a bunch of accesories in NJ

neo1738 12-09-2006 07:36 PM

i got mine the next day :)

marakbai 12-12-2006 09:59 AM

Bought on Saturday, picked up on Tuesday! Wooo Hooo

Skeandhu 12-12-2006 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by marakbai
Bought on Saturday, picked up on Tuesday! Wooo Hooo

Eh? Wow... where and when did you buy yours??

marakbai 12-12-2006 10:04 AM

Acura 2000, first week of Nov

ddrn 12-13-2006 10:49 AM

silver/ebony - did papers on Saturday and picked up on a Tuesday; car was ready on monday and it killed me that I couldn't get there til the next day. have it now and am loving it!