Hi All....Not an owner yet.....but.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013 | 11:26 PM
8th Gear

Question Hi All....Not an owner yet.....but.

Test rode one of these puppys and was blown away by the torque. Current vehicle is a Tacoma TRD OR. Selling it to buy a small SUV in $23,000 Price range, Looked at used CX-5s, Venzas, Sorrentos and by chance drove a 2010 RDX.......WOW.... Have a choice of two. One at Acura dealer was "rough" Found a screw in the tire, Head liner was dirty, various chips here and there. Some Sun washout of window panes, Had only 30K on it

http://www.mcdanielsacuraofcharlesto...74dbbf6436.htm

Other was a lot cleaner but not AWD-SH

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...50116942&Log=0

Both seem priced the same although I did not negotiate on either. I would ask for $2000 discount on both and offer cash. There are too many really nice cars I can buy with $25K and I since I am paying cash, that opens up the private sellers market as well. But for around $22500 I could live with the Acura. Second choice was the Venza. That was impressive as well in and out.

My only concern is I live 100 miles north of the Charleston (and only Acura dealer) Myrtle beach has no Lexus ,Infinity or Acura dealers (Hence a lot of used ones from those who move here and don;t want to make a 100 mile all day trip for warranty work)

After warranty is expired I suppose the local Honda Dealer could service it. Having had an Accord and Honda bikes I have no worries about reliability and I only put about 4K a year on a vehicle anyway. I had the 6 cyl in an Accord and hated it. Sold the car with 6K miles after a year and a half. Ride was noisy and harsh. Interior though was very nice like the Acura.

I thought a used 2010 Luxury SUV would hold value better going forward like my Tacoma has. But with gas prices at $3.20 and rising, perhaps not..LOL I am used to 18 MPG and running premium so that is not a deal breaker. Resale value would be. Edmunds shows the first year RDX hit a whopping $9,000!!! That makes a $38,000 vehicle relatively cheap at $23,000 with 30K

We have had nothing but Toyotas and Hondas and never had to trade them in. Always sold easily on CraigsList.

Soooooooooo Which one would you go for?
Old 08-19-2013 | 10:16 AM
WTF?

youll get better gas mileage in the FWD then the AWD but the AWD is great! just picked up my 2010 with 40k miles in the best condition i found one in my 2 yr search.. yes 2 years!! i am that picky =) dealer wanted 29k i got it down to 25500 and my trade was a pos truck brought it down even more.. (mine is with the tech pacakge too)

you sure you want black as a color? blemishes will stick out like a sore thumb.. if it is something you are settled with.. then remember getting a used one blemishes will stick out like a sore thumb.. if the one at the dealership had those problems you can tell them you want it fixed before buying.. the screw in the tire is easy fix.. the headliner can be shampoo'd, depending on the rock chips you can do touch up and i am sure it will look better.. by windows having wash out do you mean the water drops the burn on to them? if so those can be cleaned up if you have strong elbows and the right stuff =) with all that said i am sure it will be nice and shiny again!! so the dealership is the one i would choose.. but thats just me.
Old 08-19-2013 | 10:26 AM
Suzuka Master

You traded the truck? Was that a $500 trade?
Old 08-19-2013 | 11:11 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
youll get better gas mileage in the FWD then the AWD but the AWD is great! just picked up my 2010 with 40k miles in the best condition i found one in my 2 yr search.. yes 2 years!! i am that picky =) dealer wanted 29k i got it down to 25500 and my trade was a pos truck brought it down even more.. (mine is with the tech pacakge too)

you sure you want black as a color? blemishes will stick out like a sore thumb.. if it is something you are settled with.. then remember getting a used one blemishes will stick out like a sore thumb.. if the one at the dealership had those problems you can tell them you want it fixed before buying.. the screw in the tire is easy fix.. the headliner can be shampoo'd, depending on the rock chips you can do touch up and i am sure it will look better.. by windows having wash out do you mean the water drops the burn on to them? if so those can be cleaned up if you have strong elbows and the right stuff =) with all that said i am sure it will be nice and shiny again!! so the dealership is the one i would choose.. but thats just me.
YEah I know Black is a "career" for ODC types, But I am not all that anal AFTER the dealer makes it right. I would prefer silver. But not too many choices here. The AWD serves only as leverage to lower the price of the Beach Ford one. Since the Acura dealer is 100 miles away Beach Ford has a tough sell.

If I sell my Tacoma for $22K I will offer them $22K OTD (sales tax is capped at $300 here) and see what they do. I am really liking the loaded Venza as well. Might be more practical. Since I don't drive much and the winding roads are far more enjoyable on my main transportation the bike.

I do like the shorter wheel base of the Acura abut the body design is looking a little dated next to the new ones. ($40K really?)

The window frames are that flat black finish and one one side they are washed out a bit.
Old 08-19-2013 | 11:16 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
LOL No the "Carmax" buyout for the truck is $19,000. I was offered $21,000 and put it on hold. I was not sure of I was going to buy a $10,000 HHR, put the rest aside and pass it on to the daughter in three years or step into a better SUV now. The RDX test ride was eye opening. But so was the Venza.

Looking at which vehicle will depreciate the least going forward and sometimes i think old luxury cars are that hardest to sell. I never had to trade in any Toyota I oned. Always sold on the street for $3000 more than dealers offered ACV.
Old 08-19-2013 | 11:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Yamahoo
LOL No the "Carmax" buyout for the truck is $19,000. I was offered $21,000 and put it on hold. I was not sure of I was going to buy a $10,000 HHR, put the rest aside and pass it on to the daughter in three years or step into a better SUV now. The RDX test ride was eye opening. But so was the Venza.

Looking at which vehicle will depreciate the least going forward and sometimes i think old luxury cars are that hardest to sell. I never had to trade in any Toyota I oned. Always sold on the street for $3000 more than dealers offered ACV.
Sorry, that was directed at BCF.
Old 08-19-2013 | 11:56 AM
WTF?

Sorry, that was directed at BCF.
my first offer up in tacoma washington was that.. i laughed in there face and pulled up kbb Fair trade in was 1900 (lowest kbb price listing for trade) they came back with 750 i told them thats not even close.. they came up to 1300 still didnt bite on it and left.. when i drove the truck down to eugene they offered 1500 which is what i think is the best i would of gotten as trade and i was sick of driving it.. bought the truck for 900 put another 400+ in work on it over the years of having it so i came out pretty even.. always sad to watch a vehicle go that you had for many years..
Old 08-19-2013 | 12:04 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by Yamahoo
YEah I know Black is a "career" for ODC types, But I am not all that anal AFTER the dealer makes it right. I would prefer silver. But not too many choices here. The AWD serves only as leverage to lower the price of the Beach Ford one. Since the Acura dealer is 100 miles away Beach Ford has a tough sell.

If I sell my Tacoma for $22K I will offer them $22K OTD (sales tax is capped at $300 here) and see what they do. I am really liking the loaded Venza as well. Might be more practical. Since I don't drive much and the winding roads are far more enjoyable on my main transportation the bike.

I do like the shorter wheel base of the Acura abut the body design is looking a little dated next to the new ones. ($40K really?)

The window frames are that flat black finish and one one side they are washed out a bit.
the venza will lose value faster then the rdx.. the turbo models will soon be covetted by many people since we will have more tuning options for them very soon.. once you add that plus people keeping there own longer they will be harder to find then what it currently is.. in the next year or 2 if you check kbb i am sure the rdx used priced wont drop that much..
Old 08-20-2013 | 08:48 PM
7th Gear

Your comment about winding roads answers the AWD question

If you want, you can throw out what you're looking for...price limits, mileage limits, etc and I can keep an eye out for you here in Charleston, though I wound up in Columbia to buy mine when I was originally planning to buy a HyHighlander.
Old 02-06-2014 | 06:11 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
the venza will lose value faster then the rdx.. the turbo models will soon be covetted by many people since we will have more tuning options for them very soon.. once you add that plus people keeping there own longer they will be harder to find then what it currently is.. in the next year or 2 if you check kbb i am sure the rdx used priced wont drop that much..
I ended up selling the Tacoma for $22,900 and bought a 2010 Infinti EX35 last August for $23,800 FAst and very nice car loaded but I have an offer for $24,000 for it as I am tired of 20 MPG and unleaded premium for a car I barely get on. All I did was put tires on it so if the deal closes I will have driven that car for practically nothing for 5000 miles.

In any case I want something still under warranty so I am looking at an ILX with tech. I would look for an RDX but the turbo scares me and they have discontinued that engine which makes it a deal breaker. Don't really need the storage.
Old 02-07-2014 | 09:07 AM
WTF?

if you can afford it the TL or TLX (when it comes out) newer TLs have awd options and the new TLX will too.. probably could find a 2010 tl awd for around that 24k mark
Old 02-14-2014 | 06:12 PM
8th Gear

NO AWD for me...Just sold the EX35 today for $24,500. Saw this:

http://sparkstoyota.calls.net/used-i...7BA007065.aspx

Plain no tech... 42K

Hyannis Honda Extended Warranty 8/80 $1315 Needs tires.

Otherwise very clean. Base 2WD.

What's it worth? I thought about $20,000 plus tax and title ($300 cap here) because it needs tires. Opened the hood and saw what looked like a radiator where an air cleaner would be, some flattening of the fins, Was a northern car. Could tell buy the light corrosion on lower engine parts, Carfax confirmed NJ.....meaning lots of stop and go and crappy roads. Grew up there. Didn't drive it.

Aos looking at ES350s and GX37s, Not a big fan of Honda cars. Interiors seem hard and cold to me.