Front wiper fluid not working. Recent windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2024, 02:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Front wiper fluid not working. Recent windshield replacement

My 07 RDX front wiper fluid was not spraying. Worked fine last time i used it. Filled the fluid yesterday and could hear pump run and the rear fluid did work. Backed out on to the driveway today to check things out and found my reservoir level no longer topped off. Added fluid and found it leaking on to the driveway???

Working under hood at the passenger side at the lower edge of the hood. I removed a piece of plastic trim about 18 inches long that ran along the fender to the hood support strut. This exposed a section of the wiper hose. Here I found the front wiper spray hose had been disconnected at a hose barb and the reservoir side of the hose was tucked downward lower than the reservoir. Thus the absence of front wiper fluid and the leak. Can’t figure out how the hose barb came apart and how the reservoir side of the hose got tucked downward.

My windshield was replaced recently. I am not familiar with that process and don't know why or even if the tech would have accessed this area. No one but me has accessed the under the hood since the alternator was replaced a couple of years ago.

Anyway, if you have your windshield replaced be sure to check that your wiper fluid is working just in case.

Regards,
LokiRN

edit. Just watched a couple non rdx youtube videos where they removed the wiper blades and adjacent trim during prep for windshield replacement so it may have been them

Last edited by LokiRN; 08-12-2024 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Add info