Exterior dirt issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exterior dirt issues

I have had my white RDX for just over a month now, and I'm a little frustrated with how much dark "dirt" it shows. I mean, after it rains, I have dark spots all over the back end, even if it's just sitting in the driveway. I'm driving on highways and regular city streets, no off-roading.

I also noticed that after it rains, when I open the rear gate there are dark spots all over the inside where the door sits when closed (nothing is getting to the actual cargo area, though).

Has anyone else seen this? I had a white CR-V for years before this, so I knew how the white vehicles show some stuff more than others, but I don't remember it ever being this noticeable (and this quickly).
Old 07-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Instructor

yeah I've noticed the same thing happening with my white Rdx as well. Rear tailgate always gets dirty quick...
Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the aerodynamics of the RDX definitely kick up alot of road dirt and water onto the rear tailgate. many SUVs are like that though.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here... the horizontal part of the rear bumper where the tailgate rests over when closed, always gets dirty after raining. It really does not matter if it's white colour or not... rain water dripping through the drip channels from the top and also dirt kicked up from the road tends to accumulate there... fact of life...

The white exterior colour just makes it more apparent...
Old 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Photographer

yup. my white RDX gets dirty too when it rains. ill take a pic before i wash it today.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Instructor

don't worry, it's not just a white colour thing...i have a grey one and it gets very dirty around that area after it rains.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:52 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually happens with White and Black - both show dirt pretty well. Since I'm now parking outside regularly (moved work locations to one without a parking garage), I got Silver.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Advanced

I actually have like...chipping paint or something in that area...like soap from a car wash dried over that covered portion of the bumper.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Holy s**t! You buy a "white" RDX and now you have a cow about the dirt?!

I have a Carbon-Bronze RDX and it always looks great!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Its the nature of the beast and color does not matter. I have black and its the same crap. However, dark colors hide the dirty somewhat better than the white.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:27 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
carbon bronze is dusty contantly, just like black or grey. When I lift up the rear wiper, dirt just FALLS out that had accumulated. It is like it needs another rear deflefctor.

Silver is the color that hides dust / dirt best, but it is the most boring of the RDX colors.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Instructor

I have a Carbon-Bronze RDX and it always looks great. Hides the dirt and dust well. The best color I have ever had for a car. I'm very happy I did not buy a white RDX, it sounds like they look like s**t all the time.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:20 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a pearl white rdx and even though it gets the dirtiest none of the other colors stand out like my baby does when its clean... hehe
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 PM
MKT
Intermediate

Try using a California duster. I have a Black Pearl Metallic Tech model and dust it every night looks perfect every day. Does get dusty in the talilgate area which sounds like they all do. I wash it every two weeks to keep it really looking good. Have the factory Silver Sparkle wheels and dust those with a separate duster every other day. Looks like they have just been washed. Armour all the tires every week. Get a lot of comments of how clean it always looks.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by turboted

Well..... colour on a car is like eating meat... for some beef is great, to others beef is like crap...

I have a white RDX, and knew that going in with this colour meant lots of cleaning time... My wife's TSX is sapphire pearl black, another one of those hard to maintain cars... but both these colours in general, look good when clean...

Your carbon bronze on the other hand, again this is MHO, looks like it never needs to get cleaned, because it looks literally like the colour of crap/poo... so after a bout of rain and running in mud water, still looks the same., "clean".....sorry, like I said, one man's meat another man's poison ...

My point being... people who chose the particular colour for their car, it is because it "soothes" their sight and their inner self...

You like your Carbon Bronze, we who own pearl white, like our white...
Old 07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by XIS
Silver is the color that hides dust / dirt best, but it is the most boring of the RDX colors.

My silver picks up all kinds of dirt on/in the rear hatch as well. On the hatch bottom sill, I noticed something like tiny tree sap stains that don't come off just washing. Maybe clay will help.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ralonzo

My silver picks up all kinds of dirt on/in the rear hatch as well. On the hatch bottom sill, I noticed something like tiny tree sap stains that don't come off just washing. Maybe clay will help.

Use P21S paint cleanser or Pinnacle paint cleanser, both will easily remove those dreaded tree sap and stains. Make sure you follow up with a layer of waxing.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
07 RDX w/Tech

Originally Posted by turboted

+++

I can go several weeks without a wash and it hides the dirt well. I've owned both black and white vehicles and no matter the make or model they both showcase the dirt. Black is also really bad about bringing out dings and such as well. I love black cars, but the instant dirt and Texas heat...never again...
Old 07-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by mav238
Use P21S paint cleanser or Pinnacle paint cleanser, both will easily remove those dreaded tree sap and stains. Make sure you follow up with a layer of waxing.
Hmph, already went over it with Klasse AIO and SG followed with Collinite 845. That oughta do it
Old 07-17-2007, 09:40 PM
07 RDX w/Tech

Originally Posted by mav238
Well..... colour on a car is like eating meat... for some beef is great, to others beef is like crap...

I have a white RDX, and knew that going in with this colour meant lots of cleaning time... My wife's TSX is sapphire pearl black, another one of those hard to maintain cars... but both these colours in general, look good when clean...

Your carbon bronze on the other hand, again this is MHO, looks like it never needs to get cleaned, because it looks literally like the colour of crap/poo... so after a bout of rain and running in mud water, still looks the same., "clean".....sorry, like I said, one man's meat another man's poison ...

My point being... people who chose the particular colour for their car, it is because it "soothes" their sight and their inner self...

You like your Carbon Bronze, we who own pearl white, like our white...
This guy is a piece of work. Ask him what time it is and he builds you a fucking watch. The point was simple. If you own a white car then expect to wash it frequently and don't ask a stupid question like, "Hey I have a white car and the funny thing is it looks like crap anytime anything that's not white lands on it..."

We all know the psychology of why people choose certain colors for their car and don't need you to explain to us how other colors look like 'poop' and why you didn't choose any of those.

Did you get your ass kicked a lot when you were a kid? If not, you probably should have.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kenjr
This guy is a piece of work. Ask him what time it is and he builds you a fucking watch. The point was simple. If you own a white car then expect to wash it frequently and don't ask a stupid question like, "Hey I have a white car and the funny thing is it looks like crap anytime anything that's not white lands on it..."

We all know the psychology of why people choose certain colors for their car and don't need you to explain to us how other colors look like 'poop' and why you didn't choose any of those.

Did you get your ass kicked a lot when you were a kid? If not, you probably should have.
Not to start a war or anything but I've been noticing a trend with this guy's posts. It almost always results in long "detailed" posts that most people don't care about. Simple question, we like simple answers. No straying from the question by talking about your "experiences".. He makes it seem like he knows everything.. Just my 2
Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
tru tru tru porsche, tru...