Expensive to maintain RDX in Washington

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Expensive to maintain RDX in Washington

Wow, the gasoline here in Washington is generally quite expensive, @ 3.25/gallon regular, premium goes for $3.55 per gallon! Insurance is also more costly here in seattle, almost 30% more...

Miss the lower gas prices and insuranca costs in Boston, but that is about it... New England never grew on my family at all... hated the winter and hot humid summer...

Although the gas prices here in Seattle is higher, but the distances travelled to get to places nearby to Seattle are all < 20 mins. Even the typical suburbs are withiin 20 mins. I remember when I was in Boston, I really hated the fact that everywhere I needed to go to, was like > 30 mins on the freeway, sometimes as much as 1.5 hours to visit a friend.

Plus majority of the major gasoline brands here in Washington ar top-tier. I recall only Shell in New England is top-tier...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:30 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
well most people when they live in boston, work and stay within boston, and dont necessarily even need a car so i dunno where you were driving to, 30 + mins out if you lived in boston - why live in boston anyways shoulda been somewhere else

mobil isnt top tier?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Pro

Good thing you don't drive a V8 SUV.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SinCity
Good thing you don't drive a V8 SUV.
Yes, good thing I don't need to drive a V8 SUV. Come to think of it, how often does a regular family need the use of a V8? Aside from people who own boats, and pull heavy stuff regularly, the V8 is a complete excessive and unnecessary expensive option people get in their V8. I know, I know, to each his own and to spend the money they see fit, but honestly, I have seen so many folks, simply driving their fancy V8 SUVs, only to work or to supermarkets. What the heck for??? Of the 365 days a year, the few times some folks ever need to haul extremely heavy stuff is almost negligible. Go rent a truck for those few times you do need the V8, and instead of forking out thousands more just for the V8.

We like to travel to winter resorts quite often, and I think having a CUV with AWD capability made sense. But do I need a V8 to do the same job, nope! The RDX offers a practical package, all except for the fuel economy, which I think can be improved, simply by throwing in a 7 speed sequential trans.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:51 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like you're slowly making your way back to Vancouver Mav; I've never been to Seattle but I'm guessing the winters are pretty similar to Van City?

Yeah a V8 can be a little overkill for the everyday driver but they can sure sound good
Old 08-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mav if and when you end up in vancouver again, gas will be even more expensive and insurance might be even more expensive no?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:31 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,199 Posts
I lived in the Seattle/Tacoma area for about 4 years before the cost of living (higher home $$, gas, Taxes, ferry fees, commute times, etc..) where dipping into my pockets way too much. I've been away from the area for a while; but, we went back for a week to visit my daughter last fall (she is in the Navy assigned to the Abe Lincoln carrier). It took about 1 hour to remember the reason why we decided to leave. Seattle counts as one of the top 5 most beautiful cities in the USA and I would recommend everyone to visit the area. You just have to get use to everyone with their hands in your pocket for something if you live there.