EMAIL FROM TURBO-XS! They need help to develop RDX products!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMAIL FROM TURBO-XS! They need help to develop RDX products!!

They are eager to try some goodies on the RDX. In the email he said they would require the RDX for a day to start.

In return for the use of the vehicle, they will give the owner some free Turbo XS goodies.

Sounds good to me, but I'm located in BC Canada

Their located in Gaithersburg, Marylend.

For anybody who's interested, private message me and I will provide you with a contact at Turbo XS.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
post the info, make it public. I see no reason for people to have to PM you for details.

actually, send me the details, perhaps we can get Turbo XS onboard as a sponsor
Old 09-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Advanced

Sounds good!
If you're in the Maryland area and interested in helping develop products for the RDX, email:

Jermaine@turboxs.com

Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Cruisin'

I cant wait for the upgrade products for RDX!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:16 PM
9th Gear

Question

At the risk of sounding uninformed, just what kind of upgrade products are we talking about here?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Advanced

Initially ECU and boost controllers, eventually perhaps intercooler / exhaust upgrades.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Missin my TSX =(

what about hondata? have u tried to email them about making a reflash? that would be sick
Old 10-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Intermediate

rdx with a big ol' front mount would be nasty.

Landon
Old 10-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Dennis

Y'know, some of us are a bit concerned about buying a first year model. Maybe I'm being overly cautious here, but I'd be really afraid of putting a first generation aftermarket part into a first year model.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think an exhaust would be a nice mod if done right.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Missin my TSX =(

i put aftermarket parts on my first year tsx.... best thing i ever did... especially an intake... most gains for the money...

im waiting for comptech to make an exhaust... sickest company for exhausts
Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ihateyouguys
At the risk of sounding uninformed, just what kind of upgrade products are we talking about here?
TurboXS will give you:

ECU mapping through the UTEC ems. This will allow a professional tuner to increase boost, control timing and air/fuel ratios.

This will allow you to increase your boost safely, smooth out the powerband, and increase your horsepower and torque. Turbo upgrades will also be available once this system is in place.

Turboback Exhaust - Catless downpipe (pipe coming from turbo), catted midpipe, or race pipe (catless), and a less restrictive axleback (muffler). This will free up a lot of power as Turbo's work better when air isnt restricted.

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
i put aftermarket parts on my first year tsx.... best thing i ever did... especially an intake... most gains for the money...

im waiting for comptech to make an exhaust... sickest company for exhausts
An Intake for the RDX may not be a good idea. On the WRX it is bad because of the location of the MAF sensor and how aftermarket intakes can change the flow of air and thus give false readings. The RDX will most likely be the same. As it is, Cobb did a study where it compared the STOCK Legacy GT airbox to the brand new SPT (Subaru Performance Tuning) Short Ram Intake and it found almost 0% change in performance. The stock airbox is perfect the way it is. A Cold Air Intake is very bad for the WRX.

An example of how easy it is to mod a Turbo car compared to Naturally Aspirated:

A mere ECU reflash (slight increase in boost, afr's, and smoothing) = 25 whp increase from stock on the WRX.

Add a Turboback Exhaust (less catalytic converters), and a new reflash w/ more boost (all safe and properly tuned) = 55whp over stock on the WRX.

Add a slightly larger turbo, injectors, and a new tune = 100whp over stock on the WRX.

Good luck getting any of those numbers out of a Intake/Exhaust/Headers on a NA car.

Oh and all of those mods cost me less than $2000 including dyno tuning.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by RSXster
TurboXS will give you:

ECU mapping through the UTEC ems. This will allow a professional tuner to increase boost, control timing and air/fuel ratios.

This will allow you to increase your boost safely, smooth out the powerband, and increase your horsepower and torque. Turbo upgrades will also be available once this system is in place.

Turboback Exhaust - Catless downpipe (pipe coming from turbo), catted midpipe, or race pipe (catless), and a less restrictive axleback (muffler). This will free up a lot of power as Turbo's work better when air isnt restricted.

An Intake for the RDX may not be a good idea. On the WRX it is bad because of the location of the MAF sensor and how aftermarket intakes can change the flow of air and thus give false readings. The RDX will most likely be the same. As it is, Cobb did a study where it compared the STOCK Legacy GT airbox to the brand new SPT (Subaru Performance Tuning) Short Ram Intake and it found almost 0% change in performance. The stock airbox is perfect the way it is. A Cold Air Intake is very bad for the WRX.

An example of how easy it is to mod a Turbo car compared to Naturally Aspirated:

A mere ECU reflash (slight increase in boost, afr's, and smoothing) = 25 whp increase from stock on the WRX.

Add a Turboback Exhaust (less catalytic converters), and a new reflash w/ more boost (all safe and properly tuned) = 55whp over stock on the WRX.

Add a slightly larger turbo, injectors, and a new tune = 100whp over stock on the WRX.

Good luck getting any of those numbers out of a Intake/Exhaust/Headers on a NA car.

Oh and all of those mods cost me less than $2000 including dyno tuning.
damn i like u, u know so much about boost/turbo/etc . .... thanks for the post