Display tour (post you pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Display tour (post you pictures)

Can anybody who already has the RDX post the pictures on the main diplay (and subdisplay on Tech pack) while playing MP3 and XM radio. and better, if you can, give us a tour of display (what can it display). because there is no information like this so far.

thanks.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Advanced

nobody? common guys.. 2 minutes of your work and million people happy... lol..

thanks
Old 09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Advanced

Old 09-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Advanced

thanks.. is this tech package or base? is there a difference?

can you plese show the XM with the signal and mp3 playback.?

what else can LCD display show? Air condition? calendar? MPG?

thank you very much.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Advanced

its a tech model..it looks the same with or without a signal. its in my garage
Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Advanced

but how do you see the Name of Song, Artist?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Advanced

dude goto a dealer and look at one..i'm not taking any more pics!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the pics.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Instructor

In the Base version, select the 'Display' select button. That toggles between song/track info and general info.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Advanced

dhager thanks.. is the dhager only one not lazy with RDX??

please guys, post some pictures. it is impossible to see this tour when you with the diler because they really not giving you time to play with this... so please guys do the good stuff for us. let us enjoy at least the pictures of your rdx while you are enjoing the real car...
Old 09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bellorusha
dhager thanks.. is the dhager only one not lazy with RDX??

please guys, post some pictures. it is impossible to see this tour when you with the diler because they really not giving you time to play with this... so please guys do the good stuff for us. let us enjoy at least the pictures of your rdx while you are enjoing the real car...
then you might want to go to a dealer, instead of a diler, because the dealers i went to prior to buying my RDX, let me fiddle around with the tech package.

i'd oblige and post pics, but since you're a bit demanding and a little rude, my obligation to do so is slim to none.

kthxbye
Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dhager
dude goto a dealer and look at one..i'm not taking any more pics!
am I rude?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Advanced

You're being a bit demanding...i took those pics for you and it explains everything. If you are really interested in seeing it, goto the dealer and try it out or buy it.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Advanced

ok, for those who are intresting i found good video with a tour i want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxm8Y...elated&search=
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks - glad you liked it

You can also see a few pics from my visit to the dealer at
rdx photos
although limited compared to what has been shown in other posts.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Advanced

and still i cannot find pictures of displays while playing mp3/xm
Old 10-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Advanced

I don't have an iPod or MP3 player...and I have this thing called a life and a job. The job that paid for the car!

Sorry I can't accomodate you, but I barely have time time to figure out how to operate what I need to know on my car and I've had it for almost a month. I'm still using my garage door opener because I haven't gotten it to work yet with the buttons in the car!

Why don't you just go buy one and record it yourself? Or go the dealer and record it like the people did on the video did on their test drive?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:36 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
lol for the car homelink...just push the two outside homelink buttons and hold them till the light blinks, that will clear any previous codes, then hold the homelink button you want to program and put ur garage door opener right up to that orange dot, hold both the button ur programming and ur remote buttons down until the light blinks fast...it will start blinking slow, but wait till blinks fast. Then to work garage door hold homelink button for about a 2sec and it should open...if your garage door uses a "rolling code" (which many newer openers do) then im not sure but there is a way to do that.

As for the Display, where it said no signal, it displays info up there, name of artist, song, what xm/mp3 track and folder(for mp3). and volume. Pictures really dont matter the information is there and you have an idea of waht it looks like...plus there is no substitue for seeing it all in person...aka go to the dealer
Old 10-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Dennis

Originally Posted by neo1738
lol for the car homelink...just push the two outside homelink buttons and hold them till the light blinks, that will clear any previous codes, then hold the homelink button you want to program and put ur garage door opener right up to that orange dot, hold both the button ur programming and ur remote buttons down until the light blinks fast...it will start blinking slow, but wait till blinks fast. Then to work garage door hold homelink button for about a 2sec and it should open...if your garage door uses a "rolling code" (which many newer openers do) then im not sure but there is a way to do that.
Yes, there is. As per page 255 in the manual.

First you follow the procedure you described. If the Homelink button doesn't work, push and hold it and watch the red light in the RDX.

If the light stays on or blinks slowly, try the whole thing all over again. If the light flashes quickly and then stays on, you have a rolling code system that has to be trained.

Press the training button on the opener (the part hanging from the garage ceiling -- not the remote); a light on the opener should turn on. Then press and hold the Homelink button for 3 or 4 seconds. Release it and press and hold it for 3 or 4 seconds again. The light on the opener should go out and the Homelink should work.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man I hope this ends this thread...

^DVD-Audio

^DTS CD

^MP3 CD

^iPod Music Link

^XM Radio (different pics show the display of default, Category (Comedy), artist(Bill Cosby), title(Fat Alberts Car), channel(Laugh USA))

^FM Radio
Old 10-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Thumbs down

Are you kidding? Instead of surfing the internet, go to the dealer and see what you want to see for yourself. These folks have been EXTREMELY kind to have posted these pictures for you. Especially after the first few posts demanding someone get into action.

The forum is here to be informative so we can all share our knowledge collectively and help each other out, not to accommodate the whims of those that aren't willing to do a little work on their own and offer something constructive.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Advanced

sasair - WOW!!!! thankssss.... that is all i need. thank you veryuuu muchh

and to Digits and the rest of you lazy f...cks.. - if you do not want to help just shut up and go read something else...nobody interesting in your stupid rich opinion like "go and buy car"
Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Instructor

and to Digits and the rest of you lazy f...cks.. - if you do not want to help just shut up and go read something else...nobody interesting in your stupid rich opinion like "go and buy car"

No one is telling you to go and buy the car, we're saying do some research for yourself if the information you see here is not what you are looking for. People here are kind enough to take time to provide information and you continue to make demands about what you want to see. I'm afraid you are the one that is lazy.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Digits
No one is telling you to go and buy the car, we're saying do some research for yourself if the information you see here is not what you are looking for. People here are kind enough to take time to provide information and you continue to make demands about what you want to see. I'm afraid you are the one that is lazy.

I agree. Bella has fast earned the "Jerk of the Forum" designation. It used to be me, but I am happy to relinquish my title to this guy.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Racer

Too bad the iPod Musick Lick display sucks a$$.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by SolidState
Too bad the iPod Musick Lick display sucks a$$.
What do you mean it sucks A$$??
Old 10-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jen670823
What do you mean it sucks A$$??
While I find the iPod MusicLink worth the money for MY use, he is right, the visual display sucks, and the TTS interface sucks as well. They really could have done much better in those areas. With that said, having a clean input with no ground loop whine, and having the iPod integrated to the point where I can answer a phone call on bluetooth and it will pause my iPod while I'm on the phone or even just pause the music when I turn the car off by itself and start right back up where it left off, makes it worth it for me.

I do feel that Acura should have displayed more information on the nav screen than just "EXTENSION". Heck I would be a bit happier if it just said "IPOD" on the screen even though it would not be any added functionality, it would prevent me from having to explain why the screen says "EXTENSION" everytime someone sees it in my car....
Old 10-14-2006, 03:12 AM
Racer

Wow, seriously man, I know where you're coming from and how exciting it is to get new content on this forum (look back in August when I was begging people for RDX pics in Carbon Gray)...but you were coming off a bit demanding and this latest comment pretty much speaks for itself.

God bless the internet and its penchant for breeding @$$holes but I've found everyone on this forum pretty nice and willing to help each other out. Get with the game dude.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Racer

am I rude?
YES.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Racer

...and to Digits and the rest of you lazy f...cks.. - if you do not want to help just shut up and go read something else...nobody interesting in your stupid rich opinion like "go and buy car"
Hmmm, lazy....? I guess we're all too lazy to go to the dealer and see for ourselves. I wish I could sit on the internet and demand people to work for me.