Discounts on RDXs

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by A4toTL
Buckeye, was that price out the door? I'm going to bite the bullet within the next couple of months myself (selling my A4 first).
Duh, just reread the post nevermind. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Chavez77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LokiRN
Hello Chavez77 Congrats on the purchase!

I've been lurking around this site for about 2mo and am now in the market around Tampa. Probably tech pkg w/roof rack, side moulding, mud guards and a hitch.

Three initial internet req. netted the following replies for tech pkg:
Buyers club--$35,900-----> 38,700 out the door.-- Lakeland
Dealer2 ------$34,900 + TTL + dealer fee.-------------Tampa
Dealer3 ------$35,600 + TTL + dealer fee. ------------Sanford

This week I'll check out a few more dealers and see what I can achieve on the prices. Can I ask which dealer you chose? Any others that you dealt with and would recommend? What do these dealer fees usually run?

Thanks for any info, Mike.
Hey Mike,
Sorry for delay, but will send you an e-mail with info!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Chavez77

Originally Posted by LokiRN
Hello Chavez77 Congrats on the purchase!

I've been lurking around this site for about 2mo and am now in the market around Tampa. Probably tech pkg w/roof rack, side moulding, mud guards and a hitch.

Three initial internet req. netted the following replies for tech pkg:
Buyers club--$35,900-----> 38,700 out the door.-- Lakeland
Dealer2 ------$34,900 + TTL + dealer fee.-------------Tampa
Dealer3 ------$35,600 + TTL + dealer fee. ------------Sanford

This week I'll check out a few more dealers and see what I can achieve on the prices. Can I ask which dealer you chose? Any others that you dealt with and would recommend? What do these dealer fees usually run?

Thanks for any info, Mike.
LokiRM (Mike): looks like you're profile's not setup to receive e-mail, but feel free to send me one if you'd like to get the details of the deal. I went to Crown Acura in Clearwater. Ask for John Pearson and tell him I sent you (I get a free dinner I think for the referral). But send me an e-mail so I can give you my name and other info. I think they could cut the same deal.

There is NO reason Ferman Acura in Tampa should not match or beat this price. They have 40 in the lot. However, Crown's dealer fee is $397 vs. $499 at Gettel in Sarasota or $599 at Ferman.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=chavez77]LokiRM (Mike): looks like you're profile's not setup to receive e-mail, but feel free to send me one if you'd like to get the details of the deal. I went to Crown Acura in Clearwater. Ask for John Pearson and tell him I sent you (I get a free dinner I think for the referral). But send me an e-mail so I can give you my name and other info.

Chavez77--

Having trouble sending a PM through this site-- You can email to me at LokiRN@hotmail.com

Regards, Mike
Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 AM
2nd Gear

New owner - deal info

Hi,

We just took delivery of our RDX on Saturday.

It's the black/eb blk rdx with tech package. We did that with auto-dimming mirror, splash guards, and body side molding. The price we negotiated which we felt was fair was $35,605 including destination.

It's about $500 more than what I considered the best deal available but the RDX's are selling in MN.

Did the 3.9%, got a fair $$ for our trade, and have driven away happy.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Advanced

I'm curious if you RDX enthusiasts have noticed an increase or a decrease in pricing since dealers were trying to push a few out of showrooms in December 2006?

Prices are definitely down from the month of October. What's happening this month?
Old 01-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Danbury
I'm curious if you RDX enthusiasts have noticed an increase or a decrease in pricing since dealers were trying to push a few out of showrooms in December 2006?

Prices are definitely down from the month of October. What's happening this month?
Listen if the extra low financing from Acura doesn't convince you that they're trying to move these out of the showrooms -- I don't know what will I'm guessing that the dealers have several months of inventory just sitting. It seems that most places are willing to deal at a 4-500 over invoice, especially for cars sitting on dealer lots. Just remember dealers gouge on accessories and trade-ins. The way to compare prices is to look at what the customer paid out-the-door.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think pricing is going to get any lower. It sounds to me like people are getting pricing right at invoice, in some cases slightly below on base models. The RDX is very fairly priced at current levels. December sales had a pretty good jump from November and hopefully january sales will reflect the same increase. NO reason not to pull the trigger now if you are going to do it eventually anyway.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:40 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Originally Posted by Danbury

I don't know if my experience is universal, but dealers were a lot more amenable to my pricing terms in early January than they were from Aug-December, and my target price was creeping down the whole time. Now that we're at the end of the month, I am sure they are even more interested in making a sale. I got $475 under invoice on a base RDX without a whole lot of haggling back on Jan 9. You should be able to do that well or better now.

The financing incentive goes to 2/5/07. If there was truly a bump in sales in Jan, it might not be renewed. Hard to say at this point. We saw a lot of new owners show up here in December, but I don't think there have been as many in January (yet).

This is definitely a good time to buy in my opinion. I doubt we'll see better incentives until the end of the model year. Selection is still pretty good on the lots in my area.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Instructor

The mild winter has probablly not helped the AWD or winter jacket market. Not to mention that the 08 model info will soon be released, so car dealers are motivated to start clearing out inventory. I've been to 3 dealers in my area and all of them had massive amounts of RDXs on the lot. If you want to get a deal you have to make an offer on a car on a dealer lot. I assume the non-tech cars are severly discounted because so few people want one, so they have been sitting for even longer. I doubt you'll get a tech car under invoice. I believe the discounts will only continue to get steeper on these cars. I paid less then a grand out of pocket for mine, and I will have the title in hand. In 2 years, I'll trade the RDX on something else.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:58 PM

According to my local dealer, Techs were outselling base models significantly until the new 07 MDX came out in October. And then it flipped; apparently a lot of people decided to pony up a little more $$ for an MDX instead of a Tech RDX. At that point, base RDX models were selling better for them. And ironically, I got the impression Honda boosted production of the Techs (based on early demand) right as their sales were creeping down. But there are no public numbers breaking out sales of Tech vs. base that I know of. Anyone else seen data on this?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:06 PM
9th Gear

RDX - Tech for Invoice

Just picked up an RDX in the Chicago area this week. Sent an email to several local dealers and got pricing from invoice ($33,960 - which is where I purchased) up to about $1500 over invoice. I wouldn't consider paying more than $200 over invoice for an RDX with Tech package right now.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Former 07 RDX Tech owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by au34tiger
Just picked up an RDX in the Chicago area this week. Sent an email to several local dealers and got pricing from invoice ($33,960 - which is where I purchased) up to about $1500 over invoice. I wouldn't consider paying more than $200 over invoice for an RDX with Tech package right now.
Just to let people know - invoice is not the bottom line in their cost equation. With dealer holdbacks they actually pay less than invoice for the car. Go to the car talk section on edmunds.com and search for "RDX prices" and you'll find a forum thread where someone gives details on what the true cost is (nearly $1000 under invoice).

I would bring this up with the dealers when I was negotiating and they would counter with "Oh, but only our owner sees that money, us lowly salesman don't get to see any of it" and then they would proceed to negotiate below invoice anyway so I would just smile at their explanation and keep pushing. Around here, they started offering me more money for my tradein in order to not appear to be taking money below invoice, but since I had researched what they would get for my car with an independent appraiser I knew they were dipping into their "profit". And the accessories that they finally took off the balance sheet without removing from the car also dipped into that "profit" as well. Oh, but no - they "couldn't go below invoice - no sir".

Here is a link: Acura RDX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience - CarSpace Automotive Forums
Old 01-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Advanced

Thanks to Nabbs, sasair,C-Hunter,au34tiger and flar for your input on the current sales market. You are frequent posters and your insight is appreciated.
I have yet to see an RDX "on the road" in CT, or upstate NY..... and I'm looking for one!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

It took a little while but I see them all over NoVA now. At least one a day....not including my own.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:13 PM
7th Gear

Palatine Inquiry RDX w/Tech

Congrat's on your purchase. Live in Palatine, on the hunt locally, can you advise which dealer you bought from. Getting close to RDX w/Tech and would appreicate any input.
Enjoy the ride
bklynkid
Old 01-28-2007, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

I just got a call back from a local acura dealer offering a "special internet only" offer black w/tech for 33, 751. should I jump on this or squeak out some more? I also have a friend who works in corp so I could be able to get a better discount but not too sure.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tavarua88
I just got a call back from a local acura dealer offering a "special internet only" offer black w/tech for 33, 751. should I jump on this or squeak out some more? I also have a friend who works in corp so I could be able to get a better discount but not too sure.
I have seen invoice listed in a range from 33,900 to 34,100. In either case, that is BELOW invoice. So, yah, that's quite a deal. However remember there is the price you pay for the car, and then the price you actually pay on the sale. Somehow I would be very skeptical of any "deal" claiming to be better then 4-500 over invoice. I am paying 34,500 + tax ($68) + processing fees (NYS DMV) of $112, so in effect I am paying slightly less then $700 over invoce (34,100) all said and done, and I think I am doiny pretty well for myself.

So in sum: price that is valued for the car means nothing it's not your "sale price" -- so make sure your car price is equal to your sale price.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 PM

Tech invoice is $33960. A few people here have gone below invoice on a tech, so $33751 is not at all surprising to me. Sounds like a good deal.

The only thing to be sure of is that destination is included in that $33751 (as it is in the $33960). And of course, make sure their processing fee is not out of line. Most dealers will not waive the processing fee, so I make sure it gets absorbed in the selling price somehow.

If you want to know if they will go lower, just tell them you are interested then stall for a day or two -- tell them you are checking prices with other dealers in the area (which you may as well do anyhow). It's the end of the month, and they will probably "blink" before you. Time is on your side at this point. Wait until noon on Jan 31 to make your move.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:25 AM
9th Gear

RDX Tech in Chicago

Originally Posted by bklynkid55
Congrat's on your purchase. Live in Palatine, on the hunt locally, can you advise which dealer you bought from. Getting close to RDX w/Tech and would appreicate any input.
Enjoy the ride
bklynkid

Bought at Arlington Acura in Palatine. See Curt. They were at $34,700 and when I told him I had a price at $200 over invoice, he said they would do invoice + tags and fees. They're fees were something like $58? Nothing outrageous like I've read on here.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Intermediate

haven't seen an NJ "deals" recently... anyone getting nice invoice (or under) deals here in NJ recently...

thanks so much! i am hoping the financing deals are extending because i will probably not be correctly positioned to pull trigger and the weekend of Feb. 13th...

best dealership (fprice perspective) from what i can tell is springfield acura... they offered 34100 including destination (33400) and that was at first contact..

thanks so much!

sbp
Old 01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Intermediate

Anybody leasing with no money down? Or is the lease special the best anyone's gonna get?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ddrn
Anybody leasing with no money down? Or is the lease special the best anyone's gonna get?
It seems to me that most dealers are pushing the Honda Finance Special:
Closed-end lease for 2007 RDX (Base Model) for $379.00 per month for 36 months
$2,999.00 total due at lease signing.
I never lease, so I never inquired about other possibilities. I like to buy cash.... out the door.
DDRN..... Did you buy or lease? I thought you bought it outright.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
4th Gear

SBPWJM - I got a tech for $33.7k including destination at Bridgewater Acura. It was the end of December, so I'm not sure if the deals have gotten better or worse since then.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ddrn
You can definitely negotiate the price of the vehicle lower than what's built into the standard lease special. Keep that in mind, as it will lower your monthly payments. The lease terms are based on a fairly minor discount, and people have been doing better.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Boken14
SBPWJM - I got a tech for $33.7k including destination at Bridgewater Acura. It was the end of December, so I'm not sure if the deals have gotten better or worse since then.
thanks... i received a quote from Bridgewater but they were way off... so far Springfield has the best number right off the bat... $34.1k... still working... hoping the financing doesn't have a hard stop on 2/5 because i'm not sure if i'll be ready by then...
Old 01-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Cruisin'

Boston & RI area Buyers

I'd like to share a summary of my experience these past three weeks or so. First, I want to thank all of the thoughtful contributers here on AcuraZine and am thankful I found it from an obtuse reference on Edmunds. Your collective information has been great. I recently enjoyed perusing the installation guides for accessories and quickly realized how complex some assemblies are for me at least.

First, I want to thank JayCT (of CT) who suggested I check out Inskip as well as the couple of Boston metro dealers I had emailed that were nearest me. (That is back a couple of pages or so). I cannot say enough about INSKIP ACURA (west side of Providence, just off I-95) and their Internet Manager PAUL ANDRADE. From the moment I received his first email response, Paul was nothing but the consummate professional. He was always supportive of my situation and understanding of steps and research I needed to do to make sure I was able to buy and register a car in MA being a part-time resident from Canada. Paul was a facilitator and guide more than a salesperson. Nothing was too much of an obstacle.

At no time was I ever pressured, given anything but the straight goods. He was also very helpful in suggesting I only needed to visit once and they would deliver the vehicle (I am by myself here and have no way to get there conveniently to pick up the car). We were both trying to finalize things within this month and I had an issue transferring some funds from my Canadian bank at the proverbial 11th hour. The business manager Rob was very accommodating in setting up a small loan I can payoff with no penalties in a few days. Nothing was ever an obstacle, nothing a problem that could not be solved. I realize I was "special" case, but when I utlimately pulled the trigger as we love to say, they could not have made it smoother nor easier. Of course, I also had done my homework thoroughly and had all my ducks in a row for documentation, insurance, etc.

I am not saying it cannot exist elsewhere, but I personally have NEVER had such a positive dealer experience. And for those who are in the neighbourhood, Inskip has been awarded as the top service dealer in the US. They have a very clean, modern looking showroom and a good choice in stock.

I would also like to compliment CLAIR ACURA on Route 1 south near Walpole. The guy at Clair responded promptly to my email with a quote. They were very friendly and accommodating when I paid them a visit one evening and played with the NAVI among other things. I was never pressured or "played with". Their price was not too much higher than INSKIP, but they did not have a color combo at the top of my list in stock and I could have waited for a delivery later in Feb. Had they had one I wanted in stock or readily available, I think they might have met or come close to INSKIP and made it difficult for me to go the extra distance (just as Jay did in CT). I came close to deciding to wait, but decided I wanted it all over with and decided to go with the bird in the hand. CLAIR was very mature and understanding about my decision and I told them it was a combination of price and availability. He understood and accepted it. I respect them for their approach, candor, and demeanour.

The third dealer experience (ACURA OF BOSTON) went from unsatisfactory (they did not reply to my email request with a quote and wanted me to "come in"), to bad (they indicated to me on the phone they would match other prices at Dlr Inv and then did not in fact), to worse (they pestered me for what the other exact prices were, would not accept they were last in pricing and would not take NO for an answer. I know - you are all asking me why I went in. With some guarded sense of foreboading, I did decide to drop in last week on my way to Logan mostly so I could see the exact combination of both interior and exterior in one vehicle that I wanted (C Bronze / Taupe) and also to see if they really would match as they said. If they had been good to deal with and did have a good price, it could have saved me the trip to RI - but I was already "hooked" on RI and impressed the reader must understand.

So I saw my vehicle and then got a quote that was the highest of all three and not at all where I told him he needed to be. So I left for the airport, telling him he was third place and we would most likely not be doing a deal. I told him I would let him know Monday if anything changed. He called me Monday and pestered me and I told him I had made another decision and reminded him he was in third place. Ok, I will end here - suffice to say I will not be hearing from them again, but he has his sales mgr email me and suggest I get back to him today to do this deal. If they were so desperate for a sale, where were they last Thursday afternoon?

I am not interested in playing games. I did not want to go back and forth playing these guys off one another. I think I got a very good deal and I think it counts for something how the process goes and the relationship you feel exists in the transaction.

I know this was a long post, but if it helps others in the area, then all the better. Please understand, someone else may have encountered a different person and been happy with Acura of Boston. And I am not attempting to slam them down to build anyone else up. I just don't appreciate that kind of situation.

I DO want to repeat again that in my experience in a number of ways, I do recommend INSKIP without any reservation. I get nothing for this other than some help to someone else that I got. I doubt I would have contacted them if it were not for the reference here. All the best. I will post summary of my deal in the next message.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Cruisin'

Great Experience / And a good deal I believe

This is my vehicle from Inskip Acura (RI). Decided on it fairly quickly as the vehicle I wanted early in JAN - I hope not too quickly ;-). But most of the past three weeks - when I had the time - was spent on research and steps needed to purchase and register in MA as a part-time resident and Canadian citizen (see Canadian thread for details).

In the end, I did a proverbial end-of-the-month deal on Monday with delivery scheduled for Wed Jan 31. I did not over push the deal, but got some extra accommodation for multiple accessories and rounded things down. I think it was fair, but I just did not have the time nor inclination to try telling two dealers one would get the sale if they dropped further and attempt to extend negotiations. I am happy where I ended up and it is quite in line - as good as most deals here. You can judge for yourselves and I guess we'll see what Feb brings for new buyers. Heck, no doubt there will be some great deals landed today or Wed for Jan, but I needed to wrap things up. So, don't feel bad for me not getting well below DI - I am also very happy with my dealer experience.

Carbon Bronze/Taupe - w/Tech
$35000 w/Flaps, BSM, D/N Mirror, All-weather floor mats, Cooler Bag (ok no guffaws out there on that one) and includes installation on the first three of those and all are warranteed.
Extras? 5% MA sales tax on the above amount + $95 dealer admin fee + MA title & license.

I got a high coverage insurance policy (250K/500K) from Liberty Mutual who also is used by my client to offer to their employees thru payroll deduction. Bottom line quote was $1250 annual for the above vehicle and I had the maximum clean driver record (they accepted an extract from Ontario government).
Old 01-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Advanced

picked up my RDX non-tech tonight...

Here is what I got from a Chicagoland dealer:

A 36 month/15k per year lease payment of $415 including tax with $2616 down including first month's payment, license fees ($143, county tax $15), doc fee $58.

The agreed upon cost of the vehicle was $31480 and included $1387 in IL tax. Also included were all season mats, splash guards and wheel locks.

Hope this helps someone!

Wish it would warm up so I could show it to the neighbors ;-)
Old 01-30-2007, 07:48 AM
7th Gear

Bought @ Arlington Acura in Palatine

Bought at Arlington Acura in Palatine. See Curt. They were at $34,700 and when I told him I had a price at $200 over invoice, he said they would do invoice + tags and fees. They're fees were something like $58? Nothing outrageous like I've read on here.
Thanks for your response. Curious @34.7 did that $ include anything in addition to Tech Pkge, i.e. accessories and destination charge etc. Appreciate the assistance. Working with Woodfield Acura and Arlington and beyond the price need to uncover which dealership offers best service and support.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Almost a month after I bought my car - I'm STILL getting phone calls and Emails from Los Angeles area dealers asking if I am still interested in the RDX. What is annoying is that they are calls from different people at the same dealership, so even though I tell one person that I already got the vehicle, they dont pass it on and I'm still listed as a "lead". What makes even more frustrating is that a lot of them call during the day - while I am at work - and leave messages. They must be really bored.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Intermediate

DDRN..... Did you buy or lease? I thought you bought it outright.[/QUOTE]

You're right - I did buy it outright! And I absolutely LOVE it! As a matter of fact, a family member is now interested and was considering a lease. I figured I'd see what kind of deals are to be had in this area.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:15 AM
9th Gear

Arlington Acura

Originally Posted by bklynkid55
Thanks for your response. Curious @34.7 did that $ include anything in addition to Tech Pkge, i.e. accessories and destination charge etc. Appreciate the assistance. Working with Woodfield Acura and Arlington and beyond the price need to uncover which dealership offers best service and support.

Can't speak to service and support so far, but have been very pleased with Arington's follow-up. They had whell loks on the car and and I paid them for those, the music link and autodim mirror separately. I struck the deal originally for invoice ($33,960) then worked those other things off the trade later. In a nutshell, I could ohave bought the car for invoice......
Old 01-31-2007, 05:45 PM
9th Gear

Dealer near Chicago

Thanks for allowing me to listen in here to your comments and experience this past week. My wife drove an RDX base and a Tech last Thursday at the dealer here near Milwaukee, WI.

Just arrived back from a dealer near Chicago with a Carbon Gray Pearl with Taupe interior Tech with VIN 16750+ for $32,699 plus "document processing" of $58, license plate transfer of $53 and 5.1% sales tax ($1670) for a total out the door of $34,481.32.

It's my wife's new auto replacing a 2001 Honda Odyssey. I have yet to drive one, but it looked pretty sharp as I followed her home.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by julius_the_cat
Just arrived back from a dealer near Chicago with a Carbon Gray Pearl with Taupe interior Tech with VIN 16750+ for $32,699 plus "document processing" of $58, license plate transfer of $53 and 5.1% sales tax ($1670) for a total out the door of $34,481.32.

Congratulations! That is an outstanding price -- $1261 under invoice! How did you get them to go so low?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for allowing me to listen in here to your comments and experience this past week. My wife drove an RDX base and a Tech last Thursday at the dealer here near Milwaukee, WI.

It's my wife's new auto replacing a 2001 Honda Odyssey. I have yet to drive one, but it looked pretty sharp as I followed her home.
Congrats on the new purchase! and on the great deal! You take it out for a drive just to see what it's like. Don't forget to sign in....
Old 01-31-2007, 08:35 PM
9th Gear

The other quotes were right about at invoice. I suspect the dealer had a sales target to meet. Just lucky, I guess.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Advanced

Isn't President's Weekend a big sales weekend in the auto industry? Anybody expect any rebates or special deals from Acura?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

RDX base in Chicago

Thanks to all the help on the board. I was able to get to invoice right off the bat with the dealer of choice. I had to leverage a trade alot harder to get a better deal. In the end was able to beat the black book value by 500 bucks. I think they had an incentive going on but I couldn;t squeeze another 500 out of them. Great finanicing though. 3.9 on 60 your FICO score needs to be better than 700 for the top tier offers that expire on 2/5/07. I even got them to transfer in the right color form another dealer that gave me a higher price. last five of VIN is up to 17297

Happy hunting.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:57 AM
7th Gear

Congratulation and thanks for sharing your experience. Can you advise where it was purchased? Thanks

Quick Reply: Discounts on RDXs