Dealers in the DC/Baltimore Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers in the DC/Baltimore Area

Does anyone know who has the best deals in the DC/Baltimore area? We've been looking at Pohanka & Rosenthal. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

I never shopped Rosenthal, but Pohanka had the best e-mail quotes of any dealer in the area. I did get a local dealer to come close to their price.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Advanced

Hi FSU2000 - we leased our RDX Tech from Chris at Norris West. $33,000.00 + $99 Doc Fee. We faxed that offer ($33K) to about 20 dealers surrounding the Baltimore area (went up to Philly, and down to NoVa) - most were offended, while 2 were willing to accept it. In addition to Norris, there was a dealer in Lancaster, PA who accepted it.

Best of luck!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
I got my best quotes from Pohanka in Chantilly, VA and Radley in Falls Church, VA. Rosenthal was out in left field, and then came back in response to the lower quotes from VA dealers saying we are competitive and gave me quotes $2K higher on average than Pohanka's starting quotes.

I ended up buying from Omar at Pohanka, gave me the best price, but we had a confrontation with the sales manager, Lenny, before we did. It was only over $300, but was over principle, which is why we got so heated. In the end, they relented. I cannot say enough about Omar though, he is a really good guy, and did the most research for you on customizations, etc.

Radley may give you a smoother deal in the end, however. They say they will match Pohanka, and give you free oil changes and inspections for life. In addition, they say if you agree over the phone, document in email, they will have the paper work ready, no surprises, and have you out of there quickly. A confluence of events drove us to Pohanka.

The other detail is I bought an 06 RL in late November, and things are very different on the RDX. I think you know how well the RL is selling. They were practically giving them away, I got 20% off sticker+destination+processing, and love the RL, although I almost bought an RDX.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 AM
7th Gear

Thanks for everyone's feeback. It sounds like we have a couple of additional dealerships that we can look into.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Advanced

Just wanted to add my two cents worth. I have bought three cars, 05TL, 06MDX and 07RDX from Sunny at Radley in Falls Church. Can't tell how much effort he puts into getting "you" the best deal. Love my RDX!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EddieT
Just wanted to add my two cents worth. I have bought three cars, 05TL, 06MDX and 07RDX from Sunny at Radley in Falls Church. Can't tell how much effort he puts into getting "you" the best deal. Love my RDX!
Ill second that. Sunny is probably one of the best to buy from. I bought several cars from him. Really knowledgeable and nice guy with great priceing.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Instructor

thanks for the info I am the the research phase, live in DC metro.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 PM
5th Gear

I have purchased two Acuras from Rosenthal Acura. Alan the internet sales manager has been the most helpful person at any dealer I have spoken to. There was no pressure and was willing to spend as much time as we needed when test driving our TSX. I got quotes from several dealerships and Rosenthal will beat any price by 200. The fees are several hundred dollars more in VA than in MD so i prefer to purchase in MD and bring back to va. I went to Pohanka to test drive my TL-S and the internet sales guy never emailed or called me back after my test drive. Our purchase from Rosenthal went so smoothly for the TSX I just emailed Alan with the quote from the other dealship and picked up my TL-S two days later.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jbahlman
I have purchased two Acuras from Rosenthal Acura. Alan the internet sales manager has been the most helpful person at any dealer I have spoken to. There was no pressure and was willing to spend as much time as we needed when test driving our TSX. I got quotes from several dealerships and Rosenthal will beat any price by 200. The fees are several hundred dollars more in VA than in MD so i prefer to purchase in MD and bring back to va. I went to Pohanka to test drive my TL-S and the internet sales guy never emailed or called me back after my test drive. Our purchase from Rosenthal went so smoothly for the TSX I just emailed Alan with the quote from the other dealship and picked up my TL-S two days later.
Isn't that funny? I had exactly the opposite experience. Omar Omland at Pohanka Internet Sales gave me the lowest price on my RL for initial quote. Rosenthal was about 4000 higher. I gave Alan Omar's quote, and he said, we are competitive with Pohanka, then proceeded to requote almost $2K higher than Omar's quote. Omar was the most responsive of 4 dealers I got internet quotes from, and the most knowlegeable about the product, including some of the misunderstood technology on the RL Tech Package. Now of course the fact that the RL is not selling well is an understatement. Omar and I finally worked out a deal that gave me a little over 20% off MSRP, which I was quite happy with. I drove away with a new RL that 8 miles on it.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
7th Gear

We bought our RDX over the weekend....ended up buying from Omar at Pohanka. He gave us a great deal and was very easy to deal with. We were very pleased.....
Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Originally Posted by FSU2000
We bought our RDX over the weekend....ended up buying from Omar at Pohanka. He gave us a great deal and was very easy to deal with. We were very pleased.....

Cool, congratulations!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
5th Gear

Congratulations
Old 02-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FSU2000
We just bought a non-tech CGP RDX from Omar at Pohanka too. The guy is an absolute class act, and really went to bat for us on the price. I'd trust sending my Mom to him, and she's a total noob when it comes to cars. In e-mailing / calling around for price I had a good experience with Rosenthal too, but sadly I found Radley to be an absolute joke. They said they'd meet any other offer, but resisted putting hard numbers into e-mail, and when they finally did they said they couldn't hold a car on deposit until the weekend (trying to push for a quick sale) and couldn't match Pohanka (could only do it for $150 more, they said).

Of course, as soon as I e-mailed them and said I'd put a deposit down with Omar, they instantly matched (and said they'd hold the car as long as I needed), and spent the rest of the week trying to get me to go against my commitment to buy from Pohanka. Poor business, if you ask me. Radley's approach was "we'll do whatever the other guy does," but then not quite do it. Omar's was "let me get the best deal possible for you," and he did. The differences in approach are what sold me.

The rest of the Pohanka folks were great, too. After quoting me an extended AcuraCare warranty price of $2600 for 8 years / 100k miles, I brought in a printout from the Curry website for $1795 for the same package. The business manager agreed to match with no questions asked, although wasn't thrilled that Curry has prices that close to cost on the Internet.

If you need an RDX in the D.C. area, e-mail Omar.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
AKYPA Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone can provide Omar's contact info?
thnx in advance
Al
Old 02-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Koreets.RU
thnx in advance
Al
Al,

I don't have his # with me; the best way to get him is to go to www.pohankaacura.com, and either request a price quote through the website, or call the # there for internet sales. His initial price quotes on both non-tech and tech RDXs were very fair. He then came down a little bit more to match an offer I got from another dealership that included some accessories. Very happy with everything. If you move quick, they've got good financing (and a great lease deal) available through the end of the month.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Koreets.RU
thnx in advance
Al
Pohanka Acura
13911 Lee Jackson Hwy
Chantilly , VA 20151-3248
(703)968-6600

The blue LED keychain he gave to me:

Pohanka Acura
Omar Omland
703 300 3143

I believe that is his cell phone.

He also answered my Edmunds.com requests for quotes for both an RDX and an RL. I agree he is a class act. We would buy from him again.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Hoopics
....Of course, as soon as I e-mailed them and said I'd put a deposit down with Omar, they instantly matched (and said they'd hold the car as long as I needed), and spent the rest of the week trying to get me to go against my commitment to buy from Pohanka. Poor business, if you ask me. Radley's approach was "we'll do whatever the other guy does," but then not quite do it. Omar's was "let me get the best deal possible for you," and he did. The differences in approach are what sold me...
Isn't that funny? I had a guy from Radley doing the exact same thing, trying to get me to change my mind throughout the week, especially since I did not take delivery of the car for about a week.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Intermediate

I agree, the people at Pohanka were great.

Dinna Hicks is the sales person I used. As a woman I felt very comfortable purchasing the car from her. Omar helped out with things and was great too.