Cheapest Place to Buy OEM parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheapest Place to Buy OEM parts

I am new to the Acura world - just bought a RDX for my wife. Where is the cheapest place to buy factory parts - specifically some of the options I want, like Mud Flaps. I found a place http://www.handa-accessories.com/rdx.html but I was not sure if there is another dealer that is cheaper.

Thanks

Andy Santoro
Doylestown Pa
Old 12-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
www.curryacuraparts.com
www.hondaacuraworld.com

or you can search on ebay.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:24 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

If the prices are more or less the same, look for the place closests to you to minimize shipping cost/time. I order from a place in NY state, and it's 1-2 days from me in VA by UPS ground.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

Cargo options

Thanks - in addition to some of the accessories, I was planning on sticking with OEM oil and air filters, so I thought I'd stock up on all of it at once - minimizes the shipping.

Anyone have real world experience with the cargo options? I think the nets work well, but as it will be a grocery getter, maybe the cargo organizer would work better. The other one that looks useful is the rear bumper applique.

Thanks again

Andy
Old 12-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Cruisin'

For the mobil1 oil, Walmart and Costco usually have good deals on it.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by c_hunter
If the prices are more or less the same, look for the place closests to you to minimize shipping cost/time. I order from a place in NY state, and it's 1-2 days from me in VA by UPS ground.
hondaacuraworld often has free shipping...
Old 12-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AndySantoro
I am new to the Acura world - just bought a RDX for my wife. Where is the cheapest place to buy factory parts - specifically some of the options I want, like Mud Flaps. I found a place http://www.handa-accessories.com/rdx.html but I was not sure if there is another dealer that is cheaper.

Thanks

Andy Santoro
Doylestown Pa
I found a place with what I've found to be the cheapest prices on the web...even better than ebay. Not sure of their reputation, I have not purchased anything from them as of yet. Go to www.acurapartspeople.com. If anyone has info on this dealer, please post.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AndySantoro
I am not sure if they are the cheapest, but I have beem using them for the last 7 years (since I got my S) and the service is great.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zippy
I am not sure if they are the cheapest, but I have beem using them for the last 7 years (since I got my S) and the service is great.
I just purchased roof rack and ski rack attachment for ~$300 with shipping from Acurapartspeople.com...most every other place (even ebay) has just the rack for $300.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sasair
hondaacuraworld often has free shipping...
...or very cheap shipping.. just got 2 items sent to Colo. Spgs. from NY & it cost only $3.95! Tim & the shippind dept. are also very friendly to deal with with any problems, (if you have any!)
Old 01-06-2007, 07:51 PM
600mm

I have bought several items from acurapartspeople.com and they are the best price I could find. Quick shipping too.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Intermediate

Just got my roof rack from acurapartspeople. They sent me the wrong rack (sent me MDX rack with no cross bars) which is the reason it was only ~$170. They had the wrong price and wrong part listed on website for RDX. They have since fixed (imagine that). Not happy with this falsely advertised price, but they are paying for shipment back and shipment of the correct rack (at full $300 price). Oh well....
Old 01-08-2007, 08:07 PM
RiDiX w/ Tech

Hi all,
I just picked up my silver RDX w/ tech pkg last Saturday. I did not get any accessories through the dealer because they were charging twice as much. I am planning to order the Body Side Molding, Rear Bumper Applique, and Splash Guards. The Front Under Body Spoiler will be sweet too, but I have not been able to locate the installation instructions. Did anyone try to install that on their own?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
8th Gear

best place to buy RDX parts

I wouldn't pay the outrageous price my Acura dealer (Hopkins Acura. Fairfield, CA) wanted for a roof rack (must have for my kayak) so I contacted HandA-Accessories.com and bougth the RDX roof rack for the cheapest price I could find. Ordered it and it arrived in two days. The package was well sealed and intact but one of 12 Torx nuts was missing. Called the next morning and the nut is already on its way to me. They may have the best service I've ever had from any internet source. I wouldn't hesitate to business with them, especially if you live in the west.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

I got one of the protection packages when I bought my car. This consisted of rubber floor mats, cargo tray and the bumper applique. The cargo tray does not cover the entire back of the car as the back is not completely level. It only covers about two thirds of the cargo area. The dealer install on the bumper applique was not done very well as it had a lot of bubbles when I picked it up. The dealer noted it to be replaced if the bubbles do not disappear by my first service.

I am also looking for feed back on the cargo organizer for holding things like groceries. Anyone buy one???
Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drtdvl
I am also looking for feed back on the cargo organizer for holding things like groceries. Anyone buy one???
I didn't get the one from Acura, but I got one for Christmas - I'm pretty sure they got it from Target or Walmart. It doesn't have the straps, but I think it was only about $20. I have yet to use it... I thought it would be good for groceries, but I find that I generally just put them on the floor in front of the back seat.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the cargo tray and the cargo net instead of the cargo organizer. I like the net because there are multiple ways to install it. Right now I have it flat over the cargo tray. I can slip my groceries underneath the net if there are only a few things and everything won't fly around, or if I have a lot of stuff that will fill up the back, I don't bother with the net and just set everything on top. I think that's more convenient than being limited by the organizer.

Bought mine from curryacuraparts.com and got free shipping.