Canada West Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada West Owners

Thought it might be a good idea to share our experiences in Western Canada, pricing,service issues,etc.
We bought in Saskatoon, Oct 06, base, no problems only positive things to say about the RDX still only 2200 km.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Advanced

I purchased an RDX in Edmonton, AB (silver tech w/black interior).

What kind of RDX did you purchase (e.g. colour, tech/non tech), and how long did it take to come in??

Did your dealer offer you the protection package (e.g. rust proofing etc.) - did you purchase any of it, and has it made any difference?

What accessories did you get (if any) - and if you purchased some, are you happy with them?

I haven't picked up my RDX yet - I need to decide on the protection package and the accessories too - hopefully, I'm not too far away. I can let you know how it goes.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Hey Thexter, how did your silver RDX weather yesterday's storm? WOW that was a biggie!
I went from Costco to Arbor Creek at 7:30PM and had no problems...allot of lesser vehicles buried in the snow!

Rusty
Old 01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bostonbr77
Hey Thexter, how did your silver RDX weather yesterday's storm? WOW that was a biggie!
I went from Costco to Arbor Creek at 7:30PM and had no problems...allot of lesser vehicles buried in the snow!

Rusty
Man, I love to hear these reports!!!

Stock Michelin Pilots, I'm assuming?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Advanced

The cool thing that I have found with the RDX is the amount of snow it "pushes away" without getting hung up. I used to have a Durango that was OK until the snow was deeper than the ground clearance, you'd alsways get hung up and stuck. The RDX is awesome in deep snow!

Rusty
Old 01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Advanced

Sorry, forgot about the tires...yes stock michelins!

Rusty

(Check out this link to see what we Saskatonians went through)

http://www.newstalk650.com/overload.php
Old 01-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, forgot about the tires...yes stock michelins!

Rusty

(Check out this link to see what we Saskatonians went through)

http://www.newstalk650.com/overload.php
One word describes those pictures ---> Wow!!

Those pictures of the interstate/highway system look like pictures of a local parking lot after a plow has tried to plow some of the spots out.

Amazing...

If your RDX did fine in THAT MUCH snow, anyone else will be fine driving it here in the States.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mommy_barbie
I purchased an RDX in Edmonton, AB (silver tech w/black interior).

What kind of RDX did you purchase (e.g. colour, tech/non tech), and how long did it take to come in??

Did your dealer offer you the protection package (e.g. rust proofing etc.) - did you purchase any of it, and has it made any difference?

What accessories did you get (if any) - and if you purchased some, are you happy with them?

I haven't picked up my RDX yet - I need to decide on the protection package and the accessories too - hopefully, I'm not too far away. I can let you know how it goes.
We went silver / base.
We actually picked it up when we saw it on the showroom floor, I have only seen one other in Saskatoon.
I declined on all the extra protection, but did get the tray for the trunk, it helps with groceries and we got the dealer to throw it in.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Rusty
I loaned the RDX to my son yesterday he had no problems with the snow, but took 6 hrs to get from downtown to Erindale. I also have a Tundra and stayed in work (n/end) till 8.15 took 25 min to Briarwood. Cars were in the ditches everwhere, your right this weather will be a good test for the RDX good to know it handled the drifts well.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Intermediate

My RDX is from Edmonton and the RDX handled the snow with no problems (we got a similar storm yesterday as Saskatoon). The snow plows have removed most of the snow except for a thin, hard packed layer that has now nicely iced up. When you look at it, all you see is a nice smooth sheen.

On the stock tires, the RDX pulls away with no problems and with no traffic around, you can even get the turbo to spool up on poor traction roads (I know it's dumb but I had to try it...)

WRT to pricing, service, etc., I have had my car for 2.5 months. It is a black w/ taupe interior and the base model. I paid MSRP but got a protection package consisting of mats, the tray and the rear bumper applique with it. I paid for side mouldings, car starter, 3M hood guard and lifetime oil changes. I also got a coat hanger that clips onto the headrest posts. Because this was a first year model and a turbo, I also purchased the extended warranty (additional 2 years and to 160k) with the provision that if I don't use it, I get my money back.

Love the car, and it has been a blast to drive. Only regret to date is I still wonder if I should of coughed up the extra money for the tech package.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:24 AM
Advanced

And I'm wondering if I'll regret getting the tech - it's a huge price to cough up. I'm seeing similar things in other vehicles for way less, and I've noted a lot of posts regarding problems with the Nav. system - it sounds complicated too.

Hey, I think I've seen your black RDX around town!! Enjoy it - looks awesome!!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:37 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mommy_barbie
And I'm wondering if I'll regret getting the tech - it's a huge price to cough up. I'm seeing similar things in other vehicles for way less, and I've noted a lot of posts regarding problems with the Nav. system - it sounds complicated too.

Hey, I think I've seen your black RDX around town!! Enjoy it - looks awesome!!
I haven't heard of anyone yet regretting their purchase of the tech. You'll get used to the navi. I'm enjoying the heck out of my Silver/Black tech. Just be sure to not get too distracted by all gadgets while driving - it is tempting.

By the way, when do you pick yours up? Yours must be the longest actual buying experience.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Intermediate

First ding

The rd got a nice knock from a parking lot, I think it can be pushed out with paintless repair, when I asked salesman for a small amount of touch up paint he said its available for sale in parts dept, anyone else with advise for paint touch up. Silver on black interior.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thexster
The rd got a nice knock from a parking lot, I think it can be pushed out with paintless repair, when I asked salesman for a small amount of touch up paint he said its available for sale in parts dept, anyone else with advise for paint touch up. Silver on black interior.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924
Old 01-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

Red RDX in Swift Current, Sask

Hey guys. Bought a red/tech in Calgary in September and am located in Swift Current.I too have had no trouble.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Intermediate

How does the nav work down there, I heard it didnt have all of Sakatchewan covered yet, We went base, but thought I would pick up a hand held when they improve a bit. Ours is silver and is also running great no problems, we bought in Oct and then the snow arrived so Im really looking forward to some summer roads to try it out, though it handles these winter conditions great. Its actually my wifes but every chance I get the Tundra stays in the garage.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Intermediate

Nav in Sask

The nav works great in Swift Current although it is in what is called an unverified area so it tells you to use local laws for things like one ways and such. Driving out in the country it even has all major RM rural roads and RM boundries labeled on the nav screen. Even towns like Cabri and Success with less than a 100 people are clearly labeled and well defined. When we go to Medicine Hat or Calgary the System works great and these communities are in a Verified area so it knows all local traffic laws and has amazing detail. We went with the tech to get the upgraded stereo and the Blue tooth as well as the back up camera so the Nav was an added bonus. Acura and Honda buy thier nav info from Alpine.

By the way where did you buy your RDX? I am wondering if Saskatoon is a good place to get my RDX serviced or do you recommend I go elsewhere.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Intermediate

We bought at Acura Saskatoon on circle drive, I have met some of the service personnel and they all seem fine, we will get ours seviced there.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

We bought at Acura Saskatoon on circle drive, I have met some of the service personnel and they all seem fine, we will get ours seviced there. Good to know the nav is working good.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Intermediate

It seems to have gone a bit quiet, any new sales or owners out West here, the RDX is still running fine no issues to report, looking forward to dry road conditions to having some driving fun and getting off the ice.