Is this amount of dirt acceptable on a just-delivered vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this amount of dirt acceptable on a just-delivered vehicle?

Hello -

I would like to know if my expectations are unreasonable. I picked up my new RDX on Saturday. It is beautiful and I love it. But since then, I have taken a closer look at it and I wonder if the preparation for delivery was inadequate - especially the cleaning. For example, when I opened the hatch, I noticed a fair amount of sandy dirt in the painted areas on the inside. Besides the hatch, I noticed this inside the hood, and on the inside of the doors.

When I wash my vehicles, I make sure those areas get wiped out. My eight year old vehicle was cleaner in those areas than the newly delivered RDX!

Is my expectation of cleanliness on my newly delivered RDX unreasonable? I'd like to hear about your experiences.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Different expectations for different people, I presume.

My RDX was detailed quite nice with not a single fingerprint to be found; however, my previous TL has glue all over it from those big white shipping panels they apply to the cars and that glue like substance they wipe over the car. I complained about the TL prep, but all they did was do a quick "redo" of the exterior and it still wasn't great.

To me, it doesn't really matter because I would rather go over the car with a fine tooth comb while doing the OCD Zaino process.

If you're unhappy, you should have spoken up right away while onsite at the dealer. At this point, I would just forget it and go on.

This coming from a guy who was severely bent out of shape when his TL had an awful prep job - I vented here several years ago only to have some veteran forum members remind me it wasn't that big of a deal.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Intermediate

Thanks, Tripp11. You are right, of course. I had such stars in my eyes over the vehicle and the features and the excitement that I was probably not as assertive as I would have been normally. Live and learn, I guess.

And yes, I am going to Zaino it!!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My RDX was also dirty on the inside on delivery day. The next morning, I did a quick scan and noticed a lot of dust, greasy windows, and a few stains on the overhead. It's the detaling department that sucks at my dealership.

To make things short, the service manager wanted to make things right, so he wanted me to bring in the RDX and get it clean. The car came out, had MORE DUST, and MUD or some other brown poop on the rear windows (INSIDE??). I haven't caled yet...

I guess things are worse when you give them a bad review (survey) for delivery. I still have another review for service and the experience I had to go through, just to get the accessories installed, and not to mention, a plastic trim they had to replace because they knicked it.

Stevens Creek Acura is
Old 08-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Racer

I find it hard to believe an Acura dealer would hand over the car w/o some detail cleaning. My dealer wash the car even if they don't do any work on it. I would note it on the survey and call the Acura regional manager. Luxury and dirt don't mix.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They should clean those areas but the people doing it just don't care. When I bought my TSX, they pulled it around and the roof had spots all over it so they sent it back to be cleaned again. When I take my car to get srevice I never let them wash it cause it ends up looking worse than when I brought it in, not to metion some dealerships run them through automatic car washes
Old 08-03-2007, 10:14 PM
boostin'

My RDX on delivery day still had the damn sticky residue on the windows from the dealer price sheets plus fingerprints and general grime all over it....completely unexceptable if you ask me! Painfully I just cleaned it all up myself
Old 08-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yup, the next time they offer a complementary car wash, I will tell them to waive it, or possibly offer something else for a discount. The detailing department at my dealership is ass. I can probably do a better job in general.

Because grease/oil was on my inside windows, I suspect that they use the same towels they use to wipe your RIMS/TIRES and BRAKEDUST off.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:49 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Post sticky situation...

My RDXturbo was handed in prestine order, tires shined and all. All but for one exception they left some sticker residue that comes off those big white panel stickers they use while delivering... I winded up taking care of it myself, guess like thats the best solution...?