Acura 2008 RDX Check emission Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura 2008 RDX Check emission Light

I bought a used 2008 Acura RDX it has 87500 miles. After a week of using the car and putting mid grade gas in it, the check emissions light came on. I called the place that I purchased the car and the plug it into the computer. They needed to order a hose, the mechanic asked what kind of gas am I using, I said mid grade. He said no, read your manual it said premium gas only. After putting the new hose on and using premium gas the light came back on....n I w he said I need to only put in premium non ethanol gas. I can't find a gas station who sells that. My question to all of you.....help. What are you using? Has this problem happened to anyone else?
Old 01-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 236 Likes on 208 Posts
I don't think there is such as a thing as non-ethanol gas these days. Just still to premium, 91+ octane gas. Did the mechanic tell you what emissions code was being triggered? that would help diagnose the actual issue.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
I don't think there is such as a thing as non-ethanol gas these days. Just still to premium, 91+ octane gas. Did the mechanic tell you what emissions code was being triggered? that would help diagnose the actual issue.
There are some places that have no ethanol but its rare. I have an 08 also and pumped ethanol gas as well with no issues. I agree with Tom, a code will help us try to figure it out.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
93 Octane at Costco for me. Current price of $2.23 per gallon. Much cheaper than the $3.75 I was paying when I first bought the car. No issues with a 2011 RDX.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roxanne Storm
I bought a used 2008 Acura RDX it has 87500 miles. After a week of using the car and putting mid grade gas in it, the check emissions light came on. I called the place that I purchased the car and the plug it into the computer. They needed to order a hose, the mechanic asked what kind of gas am I using, I said mid grade. He said no, read your manual it said premium gas only. After putting the new hose on and using premium gas the light came back on....n I w he said I need to only put in premium non ethanol gas. I can't find a gas station who sells that. My question to all of you.....help. What are you using? Has this problem happened to anyone else?
Bunch of baloney... I have been using chevron 91 which has 10% ethanol in it and have had no issues using it.

My guess is you have issues with deposits in the combustion chamber or a dirty O2 sensor.

Try putting in two 20oz bottles of Chevron techron concentrate plus, and run the whole tank through. If its the issue with dirty injectors, intake valves or O2 sensor, it should help rectify the issue.