2009 tech with 3000 miles for lease?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008 | 09:47 AM
2nd Gear

2009 tech with 3000 miles for lease?

What should I do? The dealer "pulled" the manager's car instead of a new model for us to pick up today. It has roof rack and all weather floor mats. That is the comp for the miles. Should I do that or just take a different color with no rack/mats? Help! I'm am on my way soon.
Old 12-31-2008 | 11:51 AM
Intermediate

I think the question is, are you satisfied with having your dealers "demo" car? By the sounds of it your not. Its a big decision and if you arnt happy having his car then take it without the rack/mats and add them aftermarket. May cost a bit more but at least you'll have the piece of mind that you have a new car.

- SK
Old 12-31-2008 | 02:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jennemmy
What should I do? The dealer "pulled" the manager's car instead of a new model for us to pick up today. It has roof rack and all weather floor mats. That is the comp for the miles. Should I do that or just take a different color with no rack/mats? Help! I'm am on my way soon.
It just depends on what the lease and the residual price is for a new RDX, or the demo. If the demo is lower go for it.
Old 01-01-2009 | 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

We ended up passing on the demo. We drove a gray with tech package. We got the rack and mats for half list. Ultimately, I just wasn't comfortable with the last minute "mistake". I still would have preferred grigio but the salt on the road will make that pointless in the next few weeks. The hardest thing is getting used to a 5 seater after my Sequoia. Although I appreciate the pick up and gas mileage. Now I need to install a DVD player for the kids. I decided to do it aftermarket so suggestions?
Old 01-01-2009 | 11:54 AM
Pro

Jennnemmy congrats and I'm glad you feel comfortable with your decision. The guy always knows best. As for the DVD player are you planning on installing it in the vehicle or just "laying it over top." The RDX doesn't have a "DVD Entertainment" package. On long trips I've always thought out bringing our portable DVD player and placing it on the arm-rest for all the backseat to see and just charging it with the AC Outlet in the armrest.
Old 01-05-2009 | 06:34 PM
Racer

Are you sure you aren't violating your lease by installing an aftermarket DVD player? Beyond that, I wouldn't pay to add anything to a leased car that I can't take with me at the end.