H&R sport springs/Kyb AGx clicking/bunking on front pass. wheel. Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R sport springs/Kyb AGx clicking/bunking on front pass. wheel. Help please!

I just came back from getting my Kyb Agx and H&R sport springs installed. They look great, but when i pulled out of the shop i went over a couple potholes and bumps and i heard a knocking type clicking sound in the front passenger side. So i turned around and took it back to the shop. Well they took the wheel off, and made sure everything was tight and on properly. They double checked it out and he said everything looked tight and correct. Well i drove away again and it was still making the noise when i went over bumps in the road.

What he told me was that it might be that the rotor shield is bent and it is rubbing bumping because of that.

My question is...does anyone have this setup, or a similar setup with this problem? Im wondering if maybe theres not enough clearance for the brake (even though it clears when sitting still) or if a bent rotor shield really could be causing the problem. Would replacing the rotor shield with a new, Unbent one fix the problem? Or do i need to get bigger wheels. They are the stock wheels, not aftermarket.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:59 PM
4x4- fat chicks cant jump

you might try the bump stop things, i dont remember exactly what theyre called. Its basically a rubber tube cut down one side that slides onto one turn of your springs. It prevents the spring coils from making noise if they hit eachother. I could be way off... good luck though
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

Originally Posted by 5-speed
you might try the bump stop things, i dont remember exactly what theyre called. Its basically a rubber tube cut down one side that slides onto one turn of your springs. It prevents the spring coils from making noise if they hit eachother. I could be way off... good luck though
do you mean the strut boots?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

no ideas ha?
Old 05-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Instructor

I think he means a tube silencer. It fits over your springs where they are compressed the most, taking away that metal on metal sound. Are you hearing a creek or a louder deeper sound? When does it happen? Ive got H&R sports with tokico illuninas and mine makes a loud croak noise when im backing out my driveway and when i take a hard left. Could be a sway bar link or bushing.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:20 PM
6th Gear

I have the same issue. I was told its the spring perch, not dangerous just annoying.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

Originally Posted by mnd643
I think he means a tube silencer. It fits over your springs where they are compressed the most, taking away that metal on metal sound. Are you hearing a creek or a louder deeper sound? When does it happen? Ive got H&R sports with tokico illuninas and mine makes a loud croak noise when im backing out my driveway and when i take a hard left. Could be a sway bar link or bushing.

its just when i hit a bump or hole in the road, which is basically constant around here. The weird thing is that the car was smooth as a babys butt and a very nice ride before i put the new shocks/springs on.

And the noise is a deep creek actually..more like a clunking noise like something is bunking and squeeking if that makes any sense
Old 05-31-2006, 09:24 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe your control arms are hitting the top of the wheel well...

if its a clunk its probably the control arm...

if its a creeking sound it might be the springs hitting each other when they compress...
Old 05-31-2006, 04:57 PM
contrarian in fashion

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
hmmm.. on a related note... my car makes a squeeling/creeking noises also ever since i lowered my car... the sound only occurs when i turn my steering wheel though, not when i drive it around. also its not my brakes (checked em)
Old 05-31-2006, 05:33 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PimpCL23
hmmm.. on a related note... my car makes a squeeling/creeking noises also ever since i lowered my car... the sound only occurs when i turn my steering wheel though, not when i drive it around. also its not my brakes (checked em)
if its only when you turn your CV joints may be giving... is the sound coming from your front wheels?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

Originally Posted by agranado

if its a creeking sound it might be the springs hitting each other when they compress...
what would i do to fix this? the tube silencer thing, new strut boots? or is it going to be like that no matter what?

ps...im moving back to miami pretty soon we should go for a cruise when i get back there
Old 06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Old School Ridin Clean

your Control arm bushing is busted and needs to be replaced. You could drive around without a prob, but noise. I had the same problem and its not your brakes. Its the Upper control arm BUSHINGS
Old 06-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

Originally Posted by WineRed2.2CL
your Control arm bushing is busted and needs to be replaced. You could drive around without a prob, but noise. I had the same problem and its not your brakes. Its the Upper control arm BUSHINGS

hey, thanks man..i was thinking something like strut boots or bushings, i wasnt sure though. I think i might just buy new boots and bushings etc anyways and install them.

Did you order aftermarket ones, or stock ones? If you ordered aftermarket ones, can i have some suggestions on which ones to get?

Thank you again everyone!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

is this what i need?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...trol+Arm+Mount what is better polyurethane or rubber?

would it be a good idea to also buy the strut boots, and shock/strut mounts as well?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:23 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by acuradict
I have the same issue. I was told its the spring perch, not dangerous just annoying.
I agree.. i think because its just that one side its most likelely this, i have the same prob on my car..

Bolt #25 could be stripped not putting enough pressure on your strut and the stut moves a couple centimeters. its really annoying..
Old 06-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

can i ask what site you got that chart off of? so i know where to order the parts?

thanks,
Old 06-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Who the F*** is Chucky?

anybody have a link to an acura parts dealer online i tried the search nothing came up for a parts chart...thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Instructor

I have the exact same set up and it was really harsh over some bumps at first but really smooth most of the time. when I hit a big bump there was a loud clunking noise. Once I got it aligned it stoped. Turns out that the alignment was not right after the instal and when the suspension traveled to far the edge of the ball joint was hiting the body of the car hence th loud clunking noise. After alignment no problems. Hope that helps
Old 12-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Intermediate

For those that have H&R race springs, what is the part # on the springs you use? The 94-95 Accord springs are different than the 96-97 Accord springs and I'm not sure which one to order for my '99 2.3L. Also, please state whether you have 2.2, 2.3 or 3.0. How do they ride? Any types of problems/noises? Thanks in advance!