air suspension install - airrex digital management

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:44 PM
SANJOCL

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
air suspension install - airrex digital management

im pickin up the kit maybe next week...super excited...to start off...here a video of what the kit looks like and it being installed and tested on a honda accord...

i would like to attempt to do the install myself. seems simple enough right?..lol...what do you guys think?...if i brought it to a shop id be charged a trillion dollars (well maybe a few cents short of a trillion)...and since everything seems to be very plug and play...im thinking itll be a breeze...

now the kit im getting is for a honda accord 94-97....this would fit right?...the coils i have now are from that same honda accord year. of course my biggest concern would be. how the f*ck am i going to lift the car up to be able to get underneath the car to run the lines hahaha...couldnt i just run the lines INSIDE of the car instead of under?...if youve ever seen my car in person its sittin stupid low ..haha...i cant get a jack underneath the side skirt to get to the jack point. which is why taking it to a shop would be easiest...but more expensive..

for those of you that have air suspension. if you look in the video, the compressor comes in a box. which is dope as hell...BUT...like a lot of you on this forum, im rockin subs in box (obviously) 2 amps, and a second battery. so im stumped as to where i should put the box (for the compressor)...im debating taking out the back seats, throwing some speaker box wood in the back, getting some fabric to cover the wood so it looks pretty and throwing the air compressor in the back seat. maybe even mounting my amps on the back rest of the back seat. what do you guys think?..

im getting this kit at a STEAL. i wont say how much. but what i can say is that its hard to pass up.

opinions? thoughts? if you have an installer and youre from the bay area PPUUUUHHLEASE let me know.

after this im garaging the car hahah...currently lookin for another car (looking at a q45 next week as well)...speed was never a thing for me and everyones been suggesting an engine swap...lol id rather sit a light and shatter your windows with my bass before i see your tail lights.
The following users liked this post:
97BlackAckCL (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,465 Likes on 3,059 Posts
Yeah, the shop would be ideal to get under the car, you're going to have a lot of work to run the airlines cleanly and out of the way so they don't get cut/damaged.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:09 AM
SANJOCL

so its beneficial to run the wire underneath instead of inside under the carpet?...cause the lines are definitely not bigger than zero gauge wire. and i just ran 2 lines of true zero yesterday (omg it was a bitch to do) and i was thinking the air lines would run next to the zero.

im taking out my back seat and mounting the air stuff in the back. i dont think i have a choice at this point haha. but its okay cause then i can mount my amps on the back seat. i just picked up a sundown audio sa-8 sub with a hifonics brutus amp to power it. but im having a custom center console built just to house the sundown sub.

I SWEAR THIS IS THE LAST THING IM DOIN TO THIS CAR hahahhaha. a former first gen owner who used to be part of this board suggested an mdx engine swap. i thought about it and it was really a choice between air and speed. lol i obviously chose the air
Old 03-20-2014, 12:14 AM
SANJOCL

oh quick question bro....well for anyone really...

im doin a parallel setup for my dual battery and i ran two true 0 lines to the back...but the lines are next to each other. ive been told to separate them to avoid interference. how important is that. i mean honestly im not even sure where else can run the line hahaha...its so big. damn this car audio stuff..