Rock Auto??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 02:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rock Auto??

Hi people! Haven't been around for a long time, '99CL is still running great and I rarely drive since I've retired.

But yesterday the driver's power window stopped moving. First time for me, I've been lucky.
I can hear the motor but the window barely moves. I pulled the window up as far as I could last night but it dropped down overnight. Worried about rain and thieves.

I am willing to replace the regulator as that seems to be the best fix. The online Acura parts places want $194 but Rock Auto (my go-to) has a few different ones for $42-$75!?!? I see names like World Power, AC Delco, VDO; are these as good as the Acura part?

And I don't have the tools or knowledge to take off the door panel. Know where I can get the tools??

TIA
Randy
Old 07-29-2019, 06:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy99CL
Hi people! Haven't been around for a long time, '99CL is still running great and I rarely drive since I've retired.

But yesterday the driver's power window stopped moving. First time for me, I've been lucky.
I can hear the motor but the window barely moves. I pulled the window up as far as I could last night but it dropped down overnight. Worried about rain and thieves.

I am willing to replace the regulator as that seems to be the best fix. The online Acura parts places want $194 but Rock Auto (my go-to) has a few different ones for $42-$75!?!? I see names like World Power, AC Delco, VDO; are these as good as the Acura part?

And I don't have the tools or knowledge to take off the door panel. Know where I can get the tools??
OK a lot can happen in a couple of hours.

I have the service manual CD in my computer and the door panel is easy; only need a screwdriver and clip tool. Found the "Door Panel Remover" tool at Pep Boys for $11.00.

Had them look up the new regulator and they found one. Made by Dorman, $86, a little more expensive than those at RockAuto but this one has a limited lifetime warranty!
Those at RA had warranties of 1-2 years, I think the lifetime warranty is worth the little extra money. I asked the guy what the warranty meant, I asked if I needed 10 would they give me 9 free ones and he said yes. We'll see.
Are the original Acura regulators the only ones that fail?? I've read of guys who've had to replace 3 or 4 of them.
The regulator will take almost a week to get here, about the same as ordering one elsewhere.

And don't forget that Veterans get a 10% discount at Pep Boys, that helps.

Now I'm heading out to pull the door panel and block the window all the way up.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,459 Likes on 3,054 Posts
Never had an issue ordering from RA, they sell good parts for cheap. Pep Boys is another good option, glad you were able to figure out the door panel removal, it's literally just a screwdriver and some clips