My 97 Is Getting Old

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 97 Is Getting Old

My family has had this car for about 12 years now and it just got passed down to me. Now all of a sudden it deside to mess up. So i have a few questions.
1. I recently discovered that there is brake fluid leaking from the rear right hand side right behind the tire. I just want to know if thiss is a break line or the caliper or what? And what do i need to fix it?
2. While i am driving relax, just cruising there is this noise like something is loose coming from the front of the car. it sounds like ratling. Then when i let go of the gas it goes away but comes back as soon as i give it gas again. It also happens a little bit when i apply the brakes. So i want to know what that crazy noise is.
3. When my car isnt moving and i turn the wheel right and left is squeeks alot. Does anyone know what that is?
4. I am looking to do a k24 swap and i want to know what would i need to do that and if anyone is selling a k24?
Any Comments/Answers/ and Help will be GREATLY appriciated. Thank You!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Instructor

?????? Any help????
Old 12-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM97CL
My family has had this car for about 12 years now and it just got passed down to me. Now all of a sudden it deside to mess up. So i have a few questions.
1. I recently discovered that there is brake fluid leaking from the rear right hand side right behind the tire. I just want to know if thiss is a break line or the caliper or what? And what do i need to fix it?
2. While i am driving relax, just cruising there is this noise like something is loose coming from the front of the car. it sounds like ratling. Then when i let go of the gas it goes away but comes back as soon as i give it gas again. It also happens a little bit when i apply the brakes. So i want to know what that crazy noise is.
3. When my car isnt moving and i turn the wheel right and left is squeeks alot. Does anyone know what that is?
4. I am looking to do a k24 swap and i want to know what would i need to do that and if anyone is selling a k24?
Any Comments/Answers/ and Help will be GREATLY appriciated. Thank You!
1. Brake fluid sounds like it could be the caliper, sticking calipers have been an issue with this car. Pull the wheel off and check
2. That noise could be anything from a loose bolt to a motor mount or CV boot. You'll have to have that checked out, but I'm willing to bet its a bushing or a boot.
3. Could be your accessory belts, or the rack itself. Have someone sit in the car while you're under the opened hood to see what you can pinpoint.
4. Noone here has completed a K swap just yet, although there are a couple members in the process of it. H swaps have been prevalent and proved relatively easy thus far. Also a couple members venturing into J32/35 swaps. If you do a search they should come up
Old 12-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Instructor

^ Thank You Very Much You Were Alot Of Help.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Intermediate

I had brake fluid leak from my CL twice on the rear wheel. It turned out to be from the seal for the parking brake back there. Check that out.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:27 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
1. Brake fluid sounds like it could be the caliper, sticking calipers have been an issue with this car. Pull the wheel off and check
2. That noise could be anything from a loose bolt to a motor mount or CV boot. You'll have to have that checked out, but I'm willing to bet its a bushing or a boot.
3. Could be your accessory belts, or the rack itself. Have someone sit in the car while you're under the opened hood to see what you can pinpoint.
4. Noone here has completed a K swap just yet, although there are a couple members in the process of it. H swaps have been prevalent and proved relatively easy thus far. Also a couple members venturing into J32/35 swaps. If you do a search they should come up

should not be too hard, considering the CL is just a 5th gen accord (you might have issues with the hood, and being a lower sloping hood idk)

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...s-cd/cdk1.html

basically all the harder stuff is already done for you
Old 12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Instructor

thanks for that site. that help alott
Old 12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Instructor

james thanks im going to look at that
Old 12-31-2010, 01:12 AM
vtec kicked in yo

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
for #3 id look at my upper ball joint i had that happen to me and mine failed goin into a turn but i got a new front lip out of it lol