Just Bought a 98 cl 3.0!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just Bought a 98 cl 3.0!!

Hey guys i am new to this site and i just bought a 98 cl 3.0.. car is awesome and it is very clean.. It does have a few problems tho but nothing big..

I was wondering if someone can help me..

first my mirrors won't work or move and they won't heat up..
second my cigarette lighter doesn't work when i put my phone charger in..
third my heated seats won't work..

these are the three most major things that i can see..

would anyone have any tips???
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 AM
user & abuser

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 98TafettaWhiteCL
Hey guys i am new to this site and i just bought a 98 cl 3.0.. car is awesome and it is very clean.. It does have a few problems tho but nothing big..

I was wondering if someone can help me..

first my mirrors won't work or move and they won't heat up..
second my cigarette lighter doesn't work when i put my phone charger in..
third my heated seats won't work..

these are the three most major things that i can see..

would anyone have any tips???
make sure the fuses and relays are good. could be something unplugged, thats all i got for you, ive never had electrical issues with my cl so ive never gone to far into the electrical schematics.

i will give you a heads up about the transmissions if you dont already know,.. they can be a problem, get an after marker tranny cooler for like $50 and do regular tranny fluid changes with honda/acura transmissino fluid,
othewr than that, you got an awesome car brothah

recommend a k&n drop in filter and a turbo muffler if nothing else, happy v-teching.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Welcome! My heated mirrors and ciggerette lighter don't work either. Although, my heated seats do. The ciggerette lighters get too hot and something on them burns out (I forgot exactly the name of the peice). try searching for it as it has been discussed before.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
user & abuser

Originally Posted by timeizmoney22
Welcome! My heated mirrors and ciggerette lighter don't work either. Although, my heated seats do. The ciggerette lighters get too hot and something on them burns out (I forgot exactly the name of the peice). try searching for it as it has been discussed before.
i imagine its one of those "why the fuck" parts?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Intermediate

thanks guys... but now i ran into a big problem the stock wiring harness that runs throughout the car where the radio is, is literally to shit!!!! i have two options my buddy can run all new wires or i buy a whole new wiring harness!!

or does anyone else have ideas??
Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by pitbullLOVER
i imagine its one of those "why the fuck" parts?
Pretty much! Junkyard or ebay for a used harness maybe?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Intermediate

ok quick question.. where and how long does the internal wiring harness go??? cuz i looked at how long it was and it looks like it was going somewhere near the firewall.. a buddy of mine who is an amateur electrician said he could re-wire with all new wires no problem.. but i was just wondering how much of a process an internal stock wireless redo is?? =/
Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 AM
user & abuser

ok quick question.. where and how long does the internal wiring harness go??? cuz i looked at how long it was and it looks like it was going somewhere near the firewall.. a buddy of mine who is an amateur electrician said he could re-wire with all new wires no problem.. but i was just wondering how much of a process an internal stock wireless redo is?? =/

like tmieizmoney22 said, ebay or auto wrecker, not saying your bubby aint good at what he does, but if he is see if he will install the new harness, if its what im thinking your talking about you dont want a bunch of cut then spliced wires, this could lead to more problems... that being said im pretty sure a complete harness is massive, lol, and you have to take your dash out and shit, its very doable, its a time thing but its up to you.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Intermediate

ya i was talking about it with my buddy and he is going to give me a diagram of what it will look like! i will let everyone know how we did it and stuff once we start it! but i thank everyone for their help!

but also my problem with my cigarette lighter i saw that is not my fuse or anything but i might have to buy a whole new cigarette lighter? would anyone have an idea of this??

other than those two problems the only problems i have left to fix are the heated seats, my mirrors and for some reason my windshield washer fluid won't come out of the sprayers... anyone have any ideas to these, or could give me a link to read?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 AM
user & abuser

ya i was talking about it with my buddy and he is going to give me a diagram of what it will look like! i will let everyone know how we did it and stuff once we start it! but i thank everyone for their help!

but also my problem with my cigarette lighter i saw that is not my fuse or anything but i might have to buy a whole new cigarette lighter? would anyone have an idea of this??

other than those two problems the only problems i have left to fix are the heated seats, my mirrors and for some reason my windshield washer fluid won't come out of the sprayers... anyone have any ideas to these, or could give me a link to read?

if the washer fluid ends up on the ground id say the hose is off or broke, if no fluid goes any where either a blockage or the little motor on the side of the reservoir might be bad. as for the fuses blowing make sure all the connections are clean and done up and the grounds are clean and tight. if some1 was messing around with sterio stuff they might have loosened a key ground or accidentaly unplugged/ half unplugged something on the harness,.. if they were cutting and splicing wires you might need the harness. other than that id try to get diagrams of the electrical, see if there is a relay or something that controlls them all. thats all i got, good luck. let us know how it goes.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Intermediate

hey everyone, over the weekend we finished the radio and it was easy and came out great! my buddy just rewired the stereo by just putting the new speaker wire to the radio harness and then ran the wires to the speakers.. He also created a new Power and ground which didn't take much time at all, and put it somewhere under the dash! Im glad that i have a radio back in my car...

now i noticed that i have a little bit of camber and i was told by my friend that i need adjustable camber plates.. does anyone know what these range up to in price? like I'm not trying to spend a crap load of money.. Would anyone know a good set i could buy?
I found this online.. would this be good?? http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...ts/Front/17254
Old 05-15-2012, 06:27 PM
user & abuser

hey everyone, over the weekend we finished the radio and it was easy and came out great! my buddy just rewired the stereo by just putting the new speaker wire to the radio harness and then ran the wires to the speakers.. He also created a new Power and ground which didn't take much time at all, and put it somewhere under the dash! Im glad that i have a radio back in my car...

now i noticed that i have a little bit of camber and i was told by my friend that i need adjustable camber plates.. does anyone know what these range up to in price? like I'm not trying to spend a crap load of money.. Would anyone know a good set i could buy?
I found this online.. would this be good?? http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...ts/Front/17254

good to hear stuff is coming togather for you. i love seeing/hearing a cl is rolling.
if the camber is out a bit it can be because the balljoint(s) are getting old, in worst case unibody is bent a little.
if oyu get a wheel alignment and its gone it was bad alignment.
if it cant get an alignment cause of bad balljoint(s) the shop will let you know.
if the ball joints and tie rods are all good and it cant be aligned its a bent unibody.

no biggie, a little sway in the swagger never hurt anyone, lol.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Racer

Is it lowered? I'm lowered on neuspeed sport springs which is only 1.5 front and 1.75 in the rear and i have about 1 degree of negative camber and am currently roasting the inside of my toyo proxes fz4's lol!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM
user & abuser

^ those are some nice rubbers to mang, thats going to be costly $$.

e-bay has the cheep ones, ive bought from H.P.freaks twice now with no issues. as for these parts, depends where they were made and at that the standards of the company making them. i know nothing bout lowerwd, im not lowering my cl, not in 1 million years so i dont know, sorry man.

if your car aint lowered and you need a camber kit then you have a bigger problem.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Intermediate

yes my car is lowered and its like a slight bit of camber! I'm putting on 17" Konig lightnings once i get my last two toyo proxy 4s.. I'm gonna have two wheels rapped in toyo proxy fz4's and two with proxy 4's..reason being is cause i had an integra with fz4's and that got into an accident.. and the tires are still great on them... if i see that i still have camber once i put the wheels on and have it aligned ill check the ball joints and if need be get the adjustable plates... but are there other ideas then getting adjustable plates? if so what? and if plates are better, then where besides hp freaks can i get some?