Ca Problems....HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ca Problems....HELP

About two weeks ago i had a problem with my 98 Accura 3.0 CL....
It was bogging out reallly bad while ideling and while I accelerated....
It didnt want to go till after I floored the pedal to the ground or after it reached 2k RPM..
I took to a Mechanic and hooked up the car to the scanner and the following problems came up in codes....

EGR Valve, MAP Sencor & IAC....

The following below I replaced....

I replaced my EGR Valve alond with cleaning the Ports.
I replaced my IAC and cleaned it out as well....
I replaced the MAP Sencor to.....
I also put a new Air Filter and Fuel Filter on tooo....

After I did these things the car ran like it was new.....

I friend of mine mentioned to me a product called Sea Foam... He said it will clean out things that people cant get to threw out the motor and hoses and Injectors....
So I decided to Sea Foam it...
I put half a can threw the Vacume line and half in the oil....

I waited for a while as directed (30 or 40 min) then started it up and watched the crazy amount of smoke come threw the exhaust..
Afterwards the smoke went away I let the car idel a little while longer then drove the car around for a little while three or four miles tops....
Everything seemed okay and alot smoother...
I was satisfied with the improvments Sea Foam done to my car...

Untill TODAY....
I was driving it to the store and the problem with the bogging came back.
A little different but almost the same things are happening again.
This time I cruiseing about 50 MPH then my RPM dropped to 0 all the sudden and my car just slowed down, I pressed the gas and nothing happened if was like the car was off and would accelerate....

Any suggestions for me before i go spending anymore money then i need to that i dont have....
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
these CL's have a problem with the ignition switch and that may be what is happening to your car. I have read they will act like you turned the switch off while driving when it goes bad and there was a recall on it. You may need to check and see if your car was involved in the recall and see if it was ever fixed if it was. Also be sure if you put seafoam in the crank case that you change your oil within about 100 miles because its not something you want to leave in there very long