AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-problems-fixes-71/)
-   -   98 3.0 will crank but not turn over (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-problems-fixes-71/98-3-0-will-crank-but-not-turn-over-979078/)

Brandon Crandell 04-26-2019 11:19 AM

98 3.0 will crank but not turn over

So, the other day i was headed to my work and i heard a clank from my car. Thought because i was downtown it could have just been a bottle or something just hitting my car. As i went to park my check engine light came on and i noticed a slight scraping noise. I looked under my car and saw that my o2 sensor wires had ripped out of the sensor(i'm hella low and my dumb-ass didn't hang the wire higher :/). I preceded to work knowing i could easily get it replaced and it would be fine. After work i got back in my car, started just fine, then drove about 3 miles, and my car suddenly died. I know our cars have had Ignition switch problems so i thought that's what was happening(has happened in the past). We replaced the switch with a brand new one but once i tried to start the car, it still wouldn't turn over. So at this point I thought i ran out of gas since the gauge was pretty low. Went and got 2 gallons and put it into my car and still wouldn't turn over even while gunning the gas. So 3 days went by and after replacing the ignition switch and the main relay with 3 different relays, the car still wouldn't turn over. I got the car towed home(150$ cause i live 30 miles from where it broke down of course) and me and my dad started testing things. We couldn't hear the pump priming and the engine started sounding more and more starved of gas every time we went to start it. We checked the Pump fuse and starter fuse and pretty much every fuse that was there inside and in the engine bay(dad has a volt reader so it was easy) but every single fused looked and read fine. So we moved to the filter, removed the top line and tried to see if the pump was priming and it was the filter starving the engine. Not one drip of gas, like literally not even a trickle(we didn't remove the bottom line but even a little bit of gas should come through if the filter is clogged). So we moved to the back where the plate is for the wiring to the pump. We knew at this point, to get the pump out we have to drop the gas tank so we decided to check the wiring first and to our surprise, the wiring to the pump itself is reading no volts at all. From research, the wire should read 12v for 3 seconds, which is the v's needed to prime the pump. So we think its the wiring from the main relay(Hard to tell cause we cant find a wire diagram at all) to the pump that's messed up. Somewhere along the wire it is either cut or lose but we would have to rip up the carpet to see. At this point any help or suggestions would be appreciated, especially before I buy something i don't need. If needed, i can provide video of us trying to start the car but we feel we narrowed down that its not the sparks or anything up front, it seems to be the battery cant get power back to the pump. Thank you and please please help me get my baby back on the road. Good day.

thoiboi 04-26-2019 11:22 AM

What voltage is your battery reading at this point? So much turning over and now crank would just wreak havoc on the battery and discharge it

Brandon Crandell 04-26-2019 12:18 PM

Its reading 12v like it should, could it be the ecu?

thoiboi 04-26-2019 12:43 PM

Have you tried charging your battery ?

Brandon Crandell 04-28-2019 02:21 AM

Yes, Ive charged the battery and checked everything going to the battery