97 CL 2.2 Window broke, installed new regulator, still broke. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:32 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 CL 2.2 Window broke, installed new regulator, still broke. HELP!

Hey everyone-

Earlier this week, my power window got stuck 1/2 way up and refused to move up anymore. Also, at this time, the controls became reversed on the switch for the window (up is now down). Up until the day it broke, I hadn't had one issue with the window. I opened the door up, and wasn't able to move the window even by hand, the regulator was frozen. From there, I disconnected the window and tied it in place until I could get another regulator.

So the new regulator shows in the mail yesterday. I installed it with no trouble. Before I un-tied the window, I hooked up the controls to test the new regulator. The plate that holds the window was flying up and down no problems, however the controls were still reversed (up is down). I figured worst case I can switch the wires in the harness to fix the issue.

Next, I went to hook the window back up to the plate. No problems there. Time to retest before re-assembly... The window was all the way down after I reconnected it. I went to raise it up, and it was going incredibly slow. I got to the point where the old regulator got stuck, and big surprise, this one got stuck too! I was able to lift the window while moving it with the regulator to get it shut, but it was incredibly hard to move.

So as it stands right now, my passenger power window controls are reversed, and the window still doesn't work right. I'm pretty sure these are two unrelated issues, however I could be wrong. My electronics background makes me think that some wires are crossed, however none of the wire harnesses are hacked/ broken.

Has anyone had this happen? Where should I start looking?

Thanks for any help!
Bill
Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Intermediate

my window hasbeen stuck and cant be put down for months already! :/
needa get it fixed ver soon myself, lol!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Something is wrong w/ the rubber window guide, ripped section catching window seems very likely, dirt, or debris blocking the window movement. A new window guide may need to be installed.

Only thing I can think would cause the reversal issue is a faulty switch. If this is any window but driver's window, try the seat controls to see if they work correctly. If yes, you know the switch is bad. If it's drivers window, you can remove the window control, remove the switch, clean and reassemble. Very delicate parts so careful.

good luck
Old 05-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Advanced

same problem few months ago i bought a window regulator for the passenger door from ebay seller(panthercoug) and the switch to the power windows were reversed aswell up was down and down was up it works pretty shitty if you ask me but you know what they say you get what you pay for so now i gotta take the door panel out and cut the wires and reverse them so that i dont keep having the same problem