Something Differnet....DECWARE 10" Deathbox

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Eps
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something Differnet....DECWARE 10" Deathbox

Hola,

I was looking into a new sound for my 10W3's and I found this "Death Box".

https://athena.safe-order.net/decware/dbk10.htm

Is this box for real? I don't know what to think about considering to install a "DEATH BOX" in my trunk.

Peace,

Eps
Old 02-08-2003, 10:52 PM
10th Gear

I have been contemplating building a death box...

you should check their site... its wack.

www.decware.com
Old 03-05-2003, 08:39 PM
10th Gear

deathbox

The deathbox is good, but the wicked one is off the hook!!!! I have built 2 of them and they sound very tight. If you can fit them they would sound sweet. plans are free too,+ cost of wood $15>Build it!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear

Decware.com is an excellent site. The guy who owns that site is steve deckert, and he lives about an hour away from me. I have been in his house before, and he truely is a master of speaker design.

The death box works as a "variable" bandpass basically, so by sliding the chamber inside you end up changing the tuning of the box. Very cool setup, built one for a tahoe and it sounded really good and got super deep (the way i tuned it).

The Wicked one is truely wicked, my freind has one that was built a bit out of spec for a ford probe, he did a 148 with two tens in that box (and 2k of power). The kicker is that it actually sounded really good during normal listening. Beware, if you cant build it exactly to spec, it probabally wont sound right. I had another freind who built one, and it was so crap sounding it was unbeliveable.

Later guys - Evan

BTW, if you want a nice home sub build a house wrecker, i love mine and will never buy another sub again!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:36 AM
2nd Gear

Decware.com is an excellent site. The guy who owns that site is steve deckert, and he lives about an hour away from me. I have been in his house before, and he truely is a master of speaker design.

The death box works as a "variable" bandpass basically, so by sliding the chamber inside you end up changing the tuning of the box. Very cool setup, built one for a tahoe and it sounded really good and got super deep (the way i tuned it).

The Wicked one is truely wicked, my freind has one that was built a bit out of spec for a ford probe, he did a 148 with two tens in that box (and 2k of power). The kicker is that it actually sounded really good during normal listening. Beware, if you cant build it exactly to spec, it probabally wont sound right. I had another freind who built one, and it was so crap sounding it was unbeliveable.

Later guys - Evan

BTW, if you want a nice home sub build a house wrecker, i love mine and will never buy another sub again!