Pls Help. popping popcorn noise...NOW no A/c

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pls Help. popping popcorn noise...NOW no A/c

Hi All,
I need some help. I took my 2007 MDX tot he local dealer (where I've taken it since I bought it in 2007!) However, 3 months ago or so I noticed all the old techs were gone. Now there is a bunch of young guys with 1 older tech who doesn't even work on cars.

Anyway, I took it in originally for an oil change. Then it went nuts...EVERY light and ding turned on like it was possessed! Then it all stopped. Then it started again. Then it stopped. they hooked it up to the machine couldn't find a problem with what triggered every system as failing! It acted normal.

Maybe a month later, I needed an oil switch... and it was recommended to change the timing belt so I had them do that. It made a strange sound and again they couldn't find anything. They did manage to rip the heat sheild and scratch the paint..which they fixed. My husband swears he should go with me..but he never does!
So, got all that fixed. then I go for a state inspection and they say I need a power steering pump, tie rods ( ithink), boots, and I'm leaking oil? Funny, b/c I'm not leaking oil. there is nothing on the ground, the res hasn't lost anything..I've taken pics from the engine block every week. Nothing has changed w PS or Oil.

This was all within a month or so...very soon together.
NOW_- I had a popcorn sound coming from the dash and it sounded like it was on the driver side. I swear I was waiting for popcorn to come flying out of my vents! It was loud, it made it while driving and while parked. but not all the time- it has a mind of it's own. ..like I said I think it's possessed.

NOW-- my Ac went slightly warm, then it decided to work one day and not the next. Today it stopped working all together. My husband is an A/c tech for homes.. he checked the pressure which fully pressurized, and the coolant is max'd still as well. No a/c. it blows hard, but its hot. condensation drips from below the truck when the ac is on. I haven't heard the popcorn noise for about a week.

ANY IDEAS???