yes, I am green

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:03 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, I am green

Hey People!
You ever had to replace a window motor for yer cl? Well if you have, you know it costs 250 BUCKS!!! Are you shittin' me?! It went out last night and I got it replaced today. (the acura dealership was more expensive than the place I went to). ANYWAYS, I NEED Y'ALL TO PROVE THE GUY WHO WORKED ON MY CAR WRONG--- The guy who fixed my car has been working soley on hondas most of his career and had the credentials to prove it. Well I was talking to him about performance upgrades, and he told me that all this stuff we buy does JACK SHIT to gain speed---things like intakes,exhausts,and cams can sometimes make you lose a very small amount..... He said only high quality headers, throttle bodies or a new computer actually helps performance. I mean, he has nothing to gain from telling me lies, so I kinda believe him(his wall was stock full of honda\acura awards). Which pisses me off cause I couldn't wait to get start hooking up Angela(my car). IS THIS TRUE AND HAVE ANY OF YOU WENT AND PUT YOUR CAR ON A DYNO AFTER ADDING ONE OF THE UPGRADES I MENTIONED? P.S. What do you think are the best things to put add on for the cheapest$ and most HP gains, and do you think 150,000 very very well taken care of miles could handle that? P.S.S. Where is the best place to buy...?THANK Y'ALL FOR HELPIN' A NEWBIE.....!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:28 PM
A-CL Totaled Member

cold air intake and exhaust lower torque but raise top end, so unless you are maxing out on a long stretch of road in a sense you are slower because you cant get off the line as fast. maybe thats what he was talking about. headers supposedly help get the torque back up, i just dont have them yet. in any case, the sound from intake and exhaust is worth the torque drop.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:26 AM
Instructor

Yeah, keep these cars for what they are...reliable transportation. If you wanna fix it up and make it look clean from the outside, go right ahead, but don't try to make it into a racecar cuz you'll just end up wasting your $. Anyway, that was just my opinion. Welcome to the boards!
Old 07-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

cold air intake

headers

exhaust system

u telling me u wont feel more power and performance

get the fuck out of here
ofcourse you will

people modifi cars for PERFORMANCE!

what that guy saying
that all the car performance enhancing
subjects have been bullshit
all this time

c'mon
Old 07-19-2003, 12:18 PM
AWD Torque Monster

niedejb dynoed his 2.2cl with i/h/e/ pulleys, ignition, fpr, cam gear and got 147 to the wheels. his entire power band was up also for the most part. even if only 10% of power was lost though the drivetrain thats close the 160hp at the crank. but the loss is more like 15-20. so i would guess his car was makin bout 170 hp at the crank vs 145 stock. thats 25 hp improvement.