Who knows about the factory Alarm system?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who knows about the factory Alarm system?

Hey everyone,

Check out my sig to know what my vehicle is....anyways I'm having a problem with the alarm system. It seems that when the alarm is set it will go off randomly by itself?

This happened one day at a friends place, it went off, I shut it off and set it again, 5 min later it went off again, I went out and checked the doors, trunk, hood, ect....set it a 3rd time, but this time it didn't go off at all (this was at around 9 pm), the next morning at 8 am the damn alarm goes off again. This problem happened and it was dry out, and no rain but lately I've noticed that if it's raining out it tends to trigger the alarm to go off more frequently?

Even though this has happened during nice, dry weather I'm not sure if the rain is triggering a short or something which might be causing it to go off more frequently during rainy days/nights. I can't really lock my doors because of the risk that the alarm will keep going off unless I leave the doors unlocked...any idea's on what might be causing this to happen, any ways i can trouble shoot the problem?

BTW, does removing the 7A fuse that resets the pcm have anything to with the problem, i have a check engine light that comes on, so all I do is reset the pcm by removing that 7A fuse underneath the hood, the check engine seems to be an O2 senssor but if I'm resetting the pcm over and over could that cause the alarm go off randomly?
Old 10-18-2006, 08:33 PM
say: zouts

you can do a search and see a few people have posted this as well. as far as i know there seems to be no exact solution to the problem as of yet. some people report the problem hapenning after installing an aftermarket alarm and leaving the original one in, but others report this problem with no aftermarket installs at all. there arent that many sensors that can set the alarm off, so i guess youd have to start by checking them all or something along those lines. or replace it with an aftermarket and/or unplug the oem siren.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,046 Posts
Either your battery is starting to die, or you're hitting the panic button in your pocket. I do that a lot.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:19 AM
Cruisin'

Oh, you're hitting with your panic button in your pocket. So that's what they call it now? We just thought you had a game of pool going on in there. Stop playing with your panic button - you'll go blind.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by clabberty1
Oh, you're hitting with your panic button in your pocket. So that's what they call it now? We just thought you had a game of pool going on in there. Stop playing with your panic button - you'll go blind.
I don't play with the panic button anymore I don't even drive my ack anymore Took her for a spin last night, ah memories
Old 10-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Safety Car

usually caused by the hood switch.. in side the engine bay. eather faulty switch or needs to be readjusted.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Advanced

Update...

Hey there,

What hood switch are you talking about underneath the hood, where can i check this out to see?

It seems when I use the remote and lock the doors the alarm is activated cause the outside lights flash, when i lock the doors manual with the key the lights don't flash at all, so i'm assuming the alarm is deactivated?

The problem is I don't know if the carstarter has it's own alarm or uses the fatory alarm because the carstarter was already in the car before i bought it.

2 days ago it rained and i had the doors locked using the remote, the alarm went off twice before I used the remote to unlock the doors and kept them unlocked to prevent it from going off again. But today it rained and this time I just used the Key and locked both doors manually, the car didn't go off at all taht i know off, but like I said i'm not sure if locking the doors with the key would disarm the alarm.

I also noticed today that the red light on the drivers side for the anit theft system doesn't blink anymore...and i don't know if maybe the fuse blew, or the LED light is burnt out, or if it's a problem caused from the carstarter, sorry this is so long, if anyone responds back with some help/advice that would be great, thanks!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Sounders FC

My alarm is funky every now and then also No clue why

oh and the light doesn't blink when the alarm isn't activated properly
Old 10-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

The hood sensor is right by the hood latch where your trunk closes to.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Advanced

Well hopefully someone answers some of my questions, here it'll be easier this way....

1) If I lock the doors manually with the keys, and by doing this the exterior lights don't flash, would that indicate that the doors are locked but the alarm isn't activated?

2) All of a sudden the LED on the drivers side that blinks when the anti theft is activated isn't blinking anymore, how do i check if it's a fuse, or the led light is burnt out, or something else?

3) Realistically if it's a wiring issue, such as a bad ground, or loose connection, wouldn't that be almost impossible to figure out just cause there's so many wires that had to be connected for the carstarter, plus whatever had to be wired under the hood and also inside under the steering column?

4) How do i know if the carstarter is wired into the factory alarm system or if it has it's own? What I do know is I've never seen a siren can underneath my hood, you know the one's you usually get with the aftermarket alarm kits....unless it's hidden somewhere really good, lol.