when did it start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when did it start?

Hey guys, when did acurazine start? was it around when the first gen cl came out in 1997?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:00 AM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
quoted from the graet admin......

Tim started the site back in 99. Bout the same time I bought my first TL...

There were no forums or anything of the sort... just some pictures and info.

We were on a honda/acura site that was big at the time... but... it was filled with big mouth civic kiddies... constantly lost data... and was down the majority of the time.

I offered to help tim get forums running... so we did. We got the A-TL site, and with some creative gorilla marketting... we got big.

I eventually sold my TL for a CL. The CL guys were still abandoned at the honda/acura site...

I wen't back to give it a try... but couldn't take it. The site sucked.. .horribly. It was a honda site. not an acura site.

So, I started up some CL forums on the TL site, bougth Acura-CL.com... and redirected our domain to the CL/Tl forums.

All was good for awhile... then Tim and I had some differences of opinion.

Well, around christmas of 2000, i found myself banned from the site I helped create. I was pissed.

But I decided to cut my losses. I took my CL domain, and we got moving on our own forums.

This stayed like that for awhile, and eventually Tim and I started to smooth thigns over..

For the next few years, CL + TL got along, we remained seperate, but Tim and I helped each other out. Whenever one site would have downtime, we'd host the users for a day or two until the other site got back up.

Fast forward to late 2002...

I created the TSX site.

it was moving along well, until one of our very own admins erased all our data and backups.

that put us out of the game for a bit, clubtsx reigned. eventually... like all other sites do... it began to suck. so i opened TSX back up, and with tons of help of some of our megas... we got it rolling.

for the next year or so TSX and CL chugged along, growing rapidly.

TL on the other hand, was losing its focus.

Tim was concentrating on his parts business, and the site had little direction... and no major update in 3+ years.

I decided to come back to where I started it all. Tim and I worked out some things. I took ownership of the TL site.

Now I owned CL, TL, and TSX.

So I forged the plans for AcuraZine... revealed the brand sometime last year... and then finally made the biiggest step towards making it one community by synchronizing the user data between all sites. This meant all current and future users could browse seemlessly through all of our seperate, distinct, but familiar communities.

So. To answer your question... I own the joint. All of it.

2005 will be our best year yet. We have some HUGE plans this year... far more ambitious then anything I ever could of fathomed in the past.

AcuraZine is already one of the largest automotive communities on the net... by 2006 we will be the largest. We are already the biggest Acura community ever to exist... by about 20 times over. Not only are we the biggest... but the best.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 AM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
Tim started the site back in 99. Bout the same time I bought my first TL...

There were no forums or anything of the sort... just some pictures and info.

We were on a honda/acura site that was big at the time... but... it was filled with big mouth civic kiddies... constantly lost data... and was down the majority of the time.

I offered to help tim get forums running... so we did. We got the A-TL site, and with some creative gorilla marketting... we got big.

I eventually sold my TL for a CL. The CL guys were still abandoned at the honda/acura site...

I wen't back to give it a try... but couldn't take it. The site sucked.. .horribly. It was a honda site. not an acura site.

So, I started up some CL forums on the TL site, bougth Acura-CL.com... and redirected our domain to the CL/Tl forums.

All was good for awhile... then Tim and I had some differences of opinion.

Well, around christmas of 2000, i found myself banned from the site I helped create. I was pissed.

But I decided to cut my losses. I took my CL domain, and we got moving on our own forums.

This stayed like that for awhile, and eventually Tim and I started to smooth thigns over..

For the next few years, CL + TL got along, we remained seperate, but Tim and I helped each other out. Whenever one site would have downtime, we'd host the users for a day or two until the other site got back up.

Fast forward to late 2002...

I created the TSX site.

it was moving along well, until one of our very own admins erased all our data and backups.

that put us out of the game for a bit, clubtsx reigned. eventually... like all other sites do... it began to suck. so i opened TSX back up, and with tons of help of some of our megas... we got it rolling.

for the next year or so TSX and CL chugged along, growing rapidly.

TL on the other hand, was losing its focus.

Tim was concentrating on his parts business, and the site had little direction... and no major update in 3+ years.

I decided to come back to where I started it all. Tim and I worked out some things. I took ownership of the TL site.

Now I owned CL, TL, and TSX.

So I forged the plans for AcuraZine... revealed the brand sometime last year... and then finally made the biiggest step towards making it one community by synchronizing the user data between all sites. This meant all current and future users could browse seemlessly through all of our seperate, distinct, but familiar communities.

So. To answer your question... I own the joint. All of it.

2005 will be our best year yet. We have some HUGE plans this year... far more ambitious then anything I ever could of fathomed in the past.

AcuraZine is already one of the largest automotive communities on the net... by 2006 we will be the largest. We are already the biggest Acura community ever to exist... by about 20 times over. Not only are we the biggest... but the best.
that about sums it up..............
Old 10-21-2006, 09:08 AM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
that was like a super hero story LOL... so soopa.. hook it up with some stickers
Old 10-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I

lol he's talkin shit about honda-tech. aw hellz nah :P
Old 10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Racer

damn i want some stickers.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo
damn i want some stickers.
uh you shouldve came to the last meet.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The site wasn't really honda-tech, i think. The site I was on back then was the honda-acura site.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Burning Brakes

I've always wondered why there aren't any SLX forums here .