wheel vibration gone.. woo hoo!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 06:33 PM
kee-master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheel vibration gone.. woo hoo!!

got my rims from whalentire awhile back... they claim that the wheels are shipped balanced etc so i didn't bother getting them rebalanced when i got them installed...

however the vibration that i'm getting from the wheels has been getting too annoying... so i decided to get them re balanced this weekend...

the guys at firestone said that i should have the weights on the outter edge of the rims instead of having them on the inside like whalentire did for me... they said having the weights on the inside only balances part of the wheels.. not the whole thing ... any how... vibration is gone.. car rides soooooooooo much smoother...

should of got them rebalanced a long time ago...

but yeah... i remember some of you guys had been experiencing the same probs too... (very noticable vibration pass 60mph)... go get your wheels rebalanced...

hg
Old 08-18-2002, 08:50 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mike,
My bro had to rebalance his wheel after he got them from Whalen too. They were off quite a bit. I don't think they know how to balance or something..
Old 08-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Drifting

Those fucking wheel companies piss me off I paid an extra $40 to have my wheels balanced and my shit vibrates like crazy. I called and bitch and they sent out some hub rings.....that didn't do shit either I guess i'll be taking my shit in this weekend. How much did Firestone charge?
Old 08-19-2002, 10:12 AM
FOOL + MONEY = KEWL CL!

If you take it to someone that sells the tires that came on your rims then they may do it for free. Neware I take my tires for my truck I get it done for free and it has goodyear.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:15 PM
kee-master

nugs... firestone charged me 40 bucks.. same price i guess..
which merchant did you buy the rims from... tell them to refund your money cuz the wheels aren't balanced..

hg

Originally posted by Nugs3
Those fucking wheel companies piss me off I paid an extra $40 to have my wheels balanced and my shit vibrates like crazy. I called and bitch and they sent out some hub rings.....that didn't do shit either I guess i'll be taking my shit in this weekend. How much did Firestone charge?
Old 08-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Re: wheel vibration gone.. woo hoo!!

Originally posted by hougee

the guys at firestone said that i should have the weights on the outter edge of the rims instead of having them on the inside like whalentire did for me...
That's called a static balance when the weights are only put on the inside of the wheels. That's the only way to do it if you have really nice rims. Who wants those ugly weights showing on the outside of your wheels??

Firestone is right, that the best way to balance a wheel is to have weights on both the inside and outside, but there is a trade off...clean looking rims with no weights, or ugly looking rims with tacky showing weights.

If a static balance is done right, which I have had done on every aftermarket set of wheels I have ever bought, there should be no problem with off balanced wheels.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:51 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

for future reference.. when they say shipped and balanced... the balancing usually entails low speed.. not high speed balancing...

When I received my rims last year, I had to rebalance them but that was not causing my vibe.... My rims are lug cemtered (multi-hole) and not hub center (4 hole)... I needed a space ring to keep my rim center and from vibrating...

anyone ordering or reordering rims... Keep this in mind