What I did on my vacation.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I did on my vacation.

im back! and i wont be picking fights any time soon. i saw the discussion yall had in gnates thread and just to keep everyone informed, it was my third ban. 2 from astro, one from blackack.

now as to what ive been doing; finally decided to sack up and tint my tail lights, fix my bumper and completly finish my trim makeover.

Before..

fixed!

no my cars not actually purple, the white balance of a cellphone can only be adjusted so much.

I also took the time to fix my front bumper (were i got hit with a shopping cart...) tint my fogs and Re-do my eyelids in a more appropriate style.

Will also be ordering rain guards for the windows, and realizing how much a tint will pull it all together. Also on the lookout for a 97 grill; Although car things will be put on the back burner shortly as im splurging on a DSLR

I promise ill play nice this time.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Drifting

forgot, nate pointed out that my tails looked hella dark (I only did one coat) so i took a picture of them with them illuminated (everything except the brake lights)

Old 09-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Racer

looks good, i actually don't mind the gold wheels.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
+1
Old 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM
i like acura

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
i like it with red tail lights. it give some contrast. you need something other than 2 colors.
looks good none the less. you just really need to toss those shark fins then its money!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i really like the black and gold theme you have goin on, it flows well. For some reason the gold on the wheels still seems off but it could just be the camera.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Dang dude, I just sold my '97 grill.

Taillights looks sick man! I gotta tint mine soon. What did you use to tint?

And what's the story behind the license plate number?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
Dang dude, I just sold my '97 grill.

Taillights looks sick man! I gotta tint mine soon. What did you use to tint?

And what's the story behind the license plate number?
Thanks man, i just went to pepboys and picked up some VHT Nightshade, masked off my tails and used only a single coat. theres a DIY in the DIY forum, but the creator states to use several coats, i used just one and mine are dark as hell.

The plates been in my family for xxx amount of years, it was off the 1,055th car to be registered in Connecticut and has been handed down from my great grandmother (who was also the first Licensed female driver) all the way to me. weve got quite a few floating around between my grandpa, dad, myself, grandma etc. its awesome to have such a unique plate.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by on1wheel01
+1
thanks man

Originally Posted by spencer_homer
i like it with red tail lights. it give some contrast. you need something other than 2 colors.
looks good none the less. you just really need to toss those shark fins then its money!
I like just the two colors, im not sure what third color to accent it with. the only other color on it is white. i really like the fins lol (aside from) davzilla's CL, its something very different.

Originally Posted by bRunCL
i really like the black and gold theme you have goin on, it flows well. For some reason the gold on the wheels still seems off but it could just be the camera.
yeah man, ill take some pictures with a real camera. i held off because i wanted to fix my trim before i did. now that shes 80% aesthetically there, ill wax her up and i can take some more.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
your car is comin along nicely. take off the acurazine sticker, get a tint and your car will look hawt.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
welcome back

I really like the tinted tails (even though I'm biased)

Nice to see you pulling the look together, a tint should def be next on the list
Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
welcome back

I really like the tinted tails (even though I'm biased)

Nice to see you pulling the look together, a tint should def be next on the list
thanks man; it is, hopefully next 3 weeks or so.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Drifting

you should murder this bitch! just my 2 cents tho.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Euro925
you should murder this bitch! just my 2 cents tho.
its getting there whether or not i want it to lol. im not a fan of murdered out cars though.. i think it just ruins it
Old 09-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Justin's

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Take that roof venting thing off or whatever it is.

Other than that its sick bro
Old 09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Anhedonia
its getting there whether or not i want it to lol. im not a fan of murdered out cars though.. i think it just ruins it
yeah but some could be pulled of hella sick. just whatever your into tho. i really do like the way your car looks like at this point
Old 09-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Anhedonia
Thanks man, i just went to pepboys and picked up some VHT Nightshade, masked off my tails and used only a single coat. theres a DIY in the DIY forum, but the creator states to use several coats, i used just one and mine are dark as hell.

The plates been in my family for xxx amount of years, it was off the 1,055th car to be registered in Connecticut and has been handed down from my great grandmother (who was also the first Licensed female driver) all the way to me. weve got quite a few floating around between my grandpa, dad, myself, grandma etc. its awesome to have such a unique plate.
I gotta get me some VHT Nightshade then! As I said before, I really don't want to smoke the tails before black wheels, but I already have so many brake lights back there now..haha.

Awesome man, that's pretty cool. Now I really want to have custom plates. Especially now that the new Texas plates they just came out with look so damn GHEY!

Old design: Perfectly fine. white in the middle not distracting, the top has a little picture or the NASA space shuttle with some stars and a moon that symbolizes Space Center Huston, and the bottom has a cowboy on a horse on the plains and desert with 2 oil extractor things behind him. (don't know the name of them)

New design: FUGLY, weird green sky, distracting, and overly detailed that it makes it an eyesore.. And it looks way worse on the car.

Damn you bro, I gotta stop reading your threads...making me spend more money.. lol

Last edited by GhettoNinja06; 09-07-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Custom User Title

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
is it just me or would tinting your fogs defeat the purpose?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
I gotta get me some VHT Nightshade then! As I said before, I really don't want to smoke the tails before black wheels, but I already have so many brake lights back there now..haha.
haha man a can of nightshade costs 12$ its so cheap and easy to do.

Awesome man, that's pretty cool. Now I really want to have custom plates.
if texas vanity plates are anything like CT's , its a 50$ fee for custom printing

Damn you bro, I gotta stop reading your threads...making me spend more money.. lol
haha thats how i feel everytime i click a thread on acurazine.. i want to retro my headlights everytime i see your car.

Originally Posted by Gnate
is it just me or would tinting your fogs defeat the purpose?
it didnt mess with light output at all, atleast visually noticeable. i had some tint film laying around from a old custom project and tested it before i went ahead and did the nightshade. not to mention theyre white, not actual yellow fogs.