What car would you buy with $13,000? opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant speak for most american cars because i dont but them but i have had two used corvettes and they both were and are the best used cars i ever bought. They were babied to the point of rediculousness my their previous owner and my current vette (91 convertable) looks as good now as it did 13 years ago in the showroom and it drives just as well too. No rattles, vibrations, etc. Actually my 4 year old cl (1999) has more rattles. I would not buy a run of the mill american car but the vette is a flagship model and with few exceptions is a reliable car for what you are paying and getting. Anyone who would take a 1998 accord (as suggested earlier) over a 90' or newer vette should get themselves checked out they no nothing about actually driving an automobile.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:36 PM
TEAM BLUR So. CAL

Originally posted by robertpel9
I cant speak for most american cars because i dont but them but i have had two used corvettes and they both were and are the best used cars i ever bought. They were babied to the point of rediculousness my their previous owner and my current vette (91 convertable) looks as good now as it did 13 years ago in the showroom and it drives just as well too. No rattles, vibrations, etc. Actually my 4 year old cl (1999) has more rattles. I would not buy a run of the mill american car but the vette is a flagship model and with few exceptions is a reliable car for what you are paying and getting. Anyone who would take a 1998 accord (as suggested earlier) over a 90' or newer vette should get themselves checked out they no nothing about actually driving an automobile.
okay that like comparing apples and oranges. yeah a corvette is better compared to a nsx. with still is more realible than a vette.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:41 AM

SC 300 and money to turbo.
sarlscc23 : you can get the lexus in 5spd. some of the older ES300's were availabe in 5spd and the SC300's all the way to 97 are available in 5spd. however, finding one that doesnt have a ton of miles on it... or hasnt been wrecked is a challange.
Yup, I have a ES 300 manual
Old 09-19-2003, 07:56 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally posted by TeamBlurryCL
okay that like comparing apples and oranges. yeah a corvette is better compared to a nsx. with still is more realible than a vette.
the new vettes are super reliable and cheap to work on

I probably know a dozen people w/ C4's and C5's including my father and no one has had a problem. Foreign cars aren't any more reliable then Domestic cars these days, people are still living in the myths of the old days. As long as a car is properly maintained and taken care of it will last for as long as you want it to.

btw, i've had a few friends w/ NSX's and a few have had nothing but problems. But there are bad seeds in ever lineup.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:19 AM
TEAM BLUR So. CAL

Originally posted by CLpower
the new vettes are super reliable and cheap to work on

I probably know a dozen people w/ C4's and C5's including my father and no one has had a problem. Foreign cars aren't any more reliable then Domestic cars these days, people are still living in the myths of the old days. As long as a car is properly maintained and taken care of it will last for as long as you want it to.

btw, i've had a few friends w/ NSX's and a few have had nothing but problems. But there are bad seeds in ever lineup.
have you read how many AMERICAN cars i've had? myth? yeah tell that to mine and my parents wallets. we've spend more on repairs on those cars than the total cost of my car. chevys might be different. but i've own dodge and ford and all their counterparts. yeah they still suck. the only decent american car was a made by GM
Old 09-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Intermediate

in a warm weather state where you can use a vette as a daily driver youd have to be a complete lemming or moron to get an accord or the like over a vette. I line in RI where we have winter. I actually avoid driving my CL as much as possible and would even own it if i didnt need it foe bad weather or to tow the sea-doo. A well taken care of C4 or C5 vette will take care of its owner well. I have put 14K on my vette this year and you know how much i spent in repairs nothing but the cost of gas and oil snd oil filters. Meanwhile my cl just got me for 700 in repairs last week. I would not own another american car because they are usually just ugly but the quality of a vette will 9 times outta 10 be where it needs to be especially from about 88 or 89 on.