by the way

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Motohip
My point is exactly what I said.

Who the hell modifies a 97-01 Prelude by swaping engines? Who? Maybe someone might swap the block for more displacement, but that's about it.
I dunno?
the guy I met who did it didn't swap it, but he replaced a lot of internals, but I just knew the older years weren't all h22's, didn't know the new ones are
Old 01-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DrDre1443
motor trend is a piece of shit magazine. so is car and driver. so are all of them. If they diss the new cars they test, they don't get nice new versions for the next tests......

And also, when they do performance tests on those cars in those magazines, they attach electronics to the vehicles to make them pinpoint shifts and maximize performance. Most people like us will not make the same numbers. And, rarely, after some cars "break in" very well, they are quite faster than those numbers.
piece of shit magazine?? anyways, what about the content above??
that was the point, not Motor Trend

no comment?? are you surprised??

but even so, aren't you a bit surprised after you previously said like every single car would outperform the poor neon???
their numbers are pretty consistent with what I've seen

by the way, sounds like you have a sweet ride!!
wish I could afford to do all those mods!!
Old 01-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KLepTo
yay, just cause one magazine tests the cars and comes up with 1/4 times, it can apply to everything anywhere!
um, I missed what you meant,
did you read the whole thread?
wuz just supplying a few documented numbers to support a minor debate
Old 01-20-2005, 10:22 AM
112K and on 1st tranny!

I don't mind the neon having quick numbers. I know it's fast in a straight line.

I don't think most cars would outperform a car solely built to go fast in a 1/4 mile track. A lot of the cars listed in your motor trend list are very fast cars whose 1/4 mile times are in the mid-to-low 14's, but they are very reliable, have lots of features, and actually look good. Plus, like mentioned before, girls would hop right in on those other cars