by the way

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrDre1443
no, I think you said 600 under sticker, that would be $20,595.00 +tax, tag, fee.
I actually said they took $600 off, i never mentioned sticker
it was $14,995, so i guess it was $14,395 technically
Old 01-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, I dunno...

Originally Posted by redclma
I actually said they took $600 off, i never mentioned sticker
it was $14,995, so i guess it was $14,395 technically
Is that before or after your trade-in was accounted for? Cuz $14K flat out for a brand new 2005 SRT4 is a great deal!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Advanced

that was unclear, let me emphasize here

Like?.................Lexus? Nissan? Infiniti? Ford? Hyundai? BMW?

you still haven't mentioned Infiniti, Hyundai and BMW?

ALL the others......RIGHT....

um? no

performance and bang for the buck.......yeah, I forgot about the Prelude, RSX type-S, Integra GS-R and Type-R, TSX, and older model NSX's. All to be had under 20G's.

still waiting on this response

I hope you like your squeaks, rattles, shimmies, loose nuts and bolts, recalls and 3 star safety rating. Good luck on the reliability factor on the first turbo dodge ever.........

where do rattles, reliability and recalls fit into performance and potential?
If i wanted that, I would buy a CL LMAO

If I took a shit and certified it, all it means is that it's a certified piece of shit.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fizzle
Is that before or after your trade-in was accounted for? Cuz $14K flat out for a brand new 2005 SRT4 is a great deal!
no, no, sorry, it was used, 03 27,000 miles, just under Edmunds TMV $$
with warranty and free Mobil 1 oil and filter for 5 years, and the dealer is cool
Old 01-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

you could have had a lude with a few upgrades and had almost the same performance for less money. Not to mention respect. i got my point across so i wont rain on your parade anymore. Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LCARUCA 97
you could have had a lude with a few upgrades and had almost the same performance for less money. Not to mention respect. i got my point across so i wont rain on your parade anymore. Hope it works out for you.
yeah, probably true, my sister is doing that, the only one I saw was a 2000 with a h22 with a $12,000 turbo set up pulling 13,3's, but I'm sure it possible, it's funny, after doing the math with my sis and figuring a 12 second lude would cost mabye 20 g's in parts, I decided to buy a car almost there, with a warranty for now, unless I upgrade
Old 01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<- pizza delivery pimp.

the new neon doesnt look that bad.

(<- wouldnt settle for "not that bad")
Old 01-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LCARUCA 97

I gotta admit, I like the underdog also
Old 01-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Advanced

Like?.................Lexus? Nissan? Infiniti? Ford? Hyundai? BMW?

ALL the others......RIGHT....

performance and bang for the buck.......yeah, I forgot about the Prelude, RSX type-S, Integra GS-R and Type-R, TSX, and older model NSX's. All to be had under 20G's.

I hope you like your squeaks, rattles, shimmies, loose nuts and bolts, recalls and 3 star safety rating. Good luck on the reliability factor on the first turbo dodge ever.........

If I took a shit and certified it, all it means is that it's a certified piece of shit.
sorry for the repetition, i just want to hear the rest of this, my posts didn't come out,
you forgot to mention in the other post the rest, (I didn't)...infiniti, Hyundai and BMW
all the other what?
what about all the acuras and Hondas?
what do rattles, safety and reliability have to do with performance and potential?
Dodge Dakota?

remember..... band for the buck, in performance,

if I didn't want rattles, was worried about reliability and safety, i would buy an Acura CL

I don't get the shit part
Old 01-18-2005, 11:16 PM
7-30-05 First Place STS!

i dunno what the big deal is...yea the srt4 is fast and yea it's cheap....what's the argument?

for the same price you can get a honda/acura/ or other japanese makes and models that has less performance...what's changed since the srt4 came along? things have always been this way...who cares...people still buy them

but the srt4's been getting alot of crap from the sport compact market because it's faster than 90% of the sport compacts out there and is cheap to get power.....hmmmm..affordable and easily modifiable...diss dodge but praise mitsubishi and subaru
Old 01-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Advanced

nope...try 19 G's

a nice late 90's SC400 with a twin turbo setup=20G's

Actually, a new 350Z starts at 27G's M.S.R.P ...I could see a 2003 base go for 20G's

I didn't say first time fast cars......I was speaking of Dodge's first turbo 4cyl. car

yeah, there is a point to be made of honda not having super fast cars in the 1/4 mile.......but then again...honda COULD trade off about 100K miles of reliability of a moderately-fast car for a 13 second 1/4 mile.....oh wait...then it would be like a domestic.

a car that's already turbo that does 14.2 stock.....is now gonna do 11's with 1500 bucks? can you say "engine go boom"?

my 1999 miata had a better slalon speed...it was like 68-69 M.P.H....does that mean it's better than a Ferrari? No. And stops are measured 70MPH to 0, not 60 MPH to 0, and you can't sit here and tell me an SRT-4 does ANYTHING performance wise better than an Enzo.....yeah it's hella money but don't compare apples to oranges

save up quickly
once again, since my posts weren't clear, and I couldn't help it after I was reputably squashed by you

yes, the srt 4 is used, $15 g's
but still..........

1. the mustang GT is $26 g's new (where do you get 19?)
2. sc400, 10 years old, 150,ooo miles, so you forgot engine, tranny, reinforcements,so $40 g's
3. $34 for the 350 z (Motor trend)
4. once again, Dakota
5. once again, Hondas don't compare stock, except for more dough, and even the s2000 and NSX take mega bucks to soup up ( I am not comparing comfort, reliability, safety, just performance and potential)
5. SRT 4 13.9 stock with a good driver, (search other sources),
6. 11's, maybe a blown engine, but it's still 11's
(read the road racing thread "took down an srt 4, and look at Mike's AGP turbo kit thread)
7. again Ferrari 575 Maranello, $241,092
Lamborghini $187,959
srt 4 $21,960,
where did I mention Enzo??( $652,830)
January 2005 Motortrend, the neon zooms through the slalom faster than the ferrari, and stops shorter than the Lamborghini 112 compared to 117
did I say it's better than a ferrari? answer, no, it just outperformed it there, for a $20,000 dodge to outperform a Ferrari anywhere?????? you must admit, DAMN!
and ask Motor trend why they chose 60 instead of 70
Old 01-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by azian21485
i dunno what the big deal is...yea the srt4 is fast and yea it's cheap....what's the argument?

for the same price you can get a honda/acura/ or other japanese makes and models that has less performance...what's changed since the srt4 came along? things have always been this way...who cares...people still buy them

but the srt4's been getting alot of crap from the sport compact market because it's faster than 90% of the sport compacts out there and is cheap to get power.....hmmmm..affordable and easily modifiable...diss dodge but praise mitsubishi and subaru
read back, it's only about the performance and potential, I would never compare the Srt 4 with my old CL in overall car , I just said I wished Acura or Honda made a comparably affordable 4 cylinder turbo, I was just lookin for potential and performance for a good price

what do you mean about Subaru and Mitsubishi??
Old 01-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Advanced

I will reiterrate also for Honda fans, I love hondas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Acuras!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Advanced

also, that was the whole argument, like you said, Srt 4's are faster than like 90 % of the SCC's out there, that's about what I said, and I also think they are the fastest for the money of all,

it's not a quality comparison (Honda Quality over all rules in my book)
Old 01-18-2005, 11:38 PM
7-30-05 First Place STS!

read back, it's only about the performance and potential, I would never compare the Srt 4 with my old CL in overall car , I just said I wished Acura or Honda made a comparably affordable 4 cylinder turbo, I was just lookin for potential and performance for a good price

what do you mean about Subaru and Mitsubishi??
i brought up subaru and mitsu because the wrx and evo are both other options that are fast out of the box and power comes with the snap of the fingers...just like the srt4...but since the srt4 is a domestic neon and the other two are "based off rally cars that cost millions of dollars to create" they are praised for being such good bang for the buck potentials

oh btw as far as the srt4's handling in autox...not living up to those salom and braking numbers =)
Old 01-18-2005, 11:38 PM
'07 November = STI

i dont mind dodge neons..

i think the srt-4's are a great bang for the buck.. u made a good choice red!

its just that .. most of the guyz on this board dont like domestics when it comes to racing and modifying..

personally.. i dont either.. but i have to admit defeat when i have to.. and i just did.. hehe
Old 01-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
redclma got by drdre1443.. haha

im thinking of buying a TC in a year or so.. hopefully by then.. the wait line will diminish..
still think so?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Advanced

i dont mind dodge neons..

i think the srt-4's are a great bang for the buck.. u made a good choice red!

its just that .. most of the guyz on this board dont like domestics when it comes to racing and modifying..

personally.. i dont either.. but i have to admit defeat when i have to.. and i just did.. hehe
I noticed, I didn't like domestics either, I'll find out how this is and report back, but I saw a few at the track and asked them what they all did, they were all in the 12's, and they only did a few mods, I figured what that would cost, and had to make a budget decision, and for now, it is reported on one site at 13.9 stock, so that's with a warranty, pretty sweet I think, then other threads show a pretty easy 11, I'm sure you have to support it, but it's freakin 11's!!!!! That isn't easy, although, I must say, for this, in older used cars, those DSM'ers in their exclipses will eat me in a sec!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Advanced

i brought up subaru and mitsu because the wrx and evo are both other options that are fast out of the box and power comes with the snap of the fingers...just like the srt4...but since the srt4 is a domestic neon and the other two are "based off rally cars that cost millions of dollars to create" they are praised for being such good bang for the buck potentials

oh btw as far as the srt4's handling in autox...not living up to those salom and braking numbers =)
gotcha, STI's and Evo's are sweet, i heard someone say Mitsu has their hands on the SRt-4

what do you mean about the auto x?? that is diddn't do it?
I'm just quoting Jan 05 Motor Trend if your wondering
Old 01-19-2005, 12:12 AM
7-30-05 First Place STS!

well with the slalom numbers and braking figures this car seemed like it should be the car to have in dstock...or atleast very competitive...but it hasn't been doing so hot...maybe next year will be a different year (depending on who's behind the wheel of course)...the srt4 looks good on paper but doesn't perform....but it is fast in a straight line though lol =)

btw does the srt4 come with stock lsd?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm a llama :(

yeah, probably true, my sister is doing that, the only one I saw was a 2000 with a h22 with a $12,000 turbo set up pulling 13,3's, but I'm sure it possible, it's funny, after doing the math with my sis and figuring a 12 second lude would cost mabye 20 g's in parts, I decided to buy a car almost there, with a warranty for now, unless I upgrade
All the 97-01 Preludes have H22's in them...
Old 01-19-2005, 05:24 AM
Advanced

well with the slalom numbers and braking figures this car seemed like it should be the car to have in dstock...or atleast very competitive...but it hasn't been doing so hot...maybe next year will be a different year (depending on who's behind the wheel of course)...the srt4 looks good on paper but doesn't perform....but it is fast in a straight line though lol =)

btw does the srt4 come with stock lsd?
gotcha
Old 01-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Motohip
and the point being?
some have other motors when modified, so I figured I'd specify, but I was talking about a price comparison, not engines
Old 01-19-2005, 05:32 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Motohip
honestly though, is that the only engine they ever came with in those years??
If so, I didn't know that.

I think Honga should make a twin turbo Prelude V6 and take out Porsche 911 turbos, and of course, my measley SRT-4, what's left of her after all this ........ LMAO
Old 01-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Advanced

DrDre1443 wrote:

a nice late 90's SC400 with a twin turbo setup=20G's

[/QUOTE]

that sounds like one sweet ass car!!!!
are you talking with a Supra V6, or the Lexus V8??
A Japanese v8!!! sweet!
If I could afford that, I would probably be chatting on Lexus-zine community
Old 01-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

So how do you guyz feel about the Mitsubishi Evo VIII? Arent they off the same platform? I personally love the VIII, and the SRT-4. i like cars, I would pay $14k for an SRT- 4. And now he has 4doors, so he can pick up his kids from soccer practice! The car has potential, and no ones arguing that. Preludes are awsome, but he has to ADD a turbo kit, and upgrade all the internals, vtec controller, tune. Pain in the a$$. With the SRT-4, hes already there. Just get a boost controller, blowoff valve, hes good to go. Just get leather racing seats, ull be ok.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:29 PM

This is OT, but when I was "trading in" my del Slo, the sales lady says, "So is this the twin turbo VTEC?" She said it with such confidence that I just replied, "No." I didn't want to make her feal stupid. lol
Old 01-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
that sounds like one sweet ass car!!!!
are you talking with a Supra V6, or the Lexus V8??
A Japanese v8!!! sweet!
If I could afford that, I would probably be chatting on Lexus-zine community
the supra engine, 2jz-gte, its an i6
Old 01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
So how do you guyz feel about the Mitsubishi Evo VIII? Arent they off the same platform? I personally love the VIII, and the SRT-4. i like cars, I would pay $14k for an SRT- 4. And now he has 4doors, so he can pick up his kids from soccer practice! The car has potential, and no ones arguing that. Preludes are awsome, but he has to ADD a turbo kit, and upgrade all the internals, vtec controller, tune. Pain in the a$$. With the SRT-4, hes already there. Just get a boost controller, blowoff valve, hes good to go. Just get leather racing seats, ull be ok.
how the hell are the evo and srt-4 off the same platform? ones AWD and ones FWD just to begin with.

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
With the SRT-4, hes already there. Just get a boost controller, blowoff valve, hes good to go. Just get leather racing seats, ull be ok.
you do know that blow off valves dont do much, performance wise, if anything at all right?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by KLepTo
how the hell are the evo and srt-4 off the same platform? ones AWD and ones FWD just to begin with.

you do know that blow off valves dont do much, performance wise, if anything at all right?

what are u talking about klepto?! it makes the PSHhhh noise that adds 50 HP
Old 01-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by KLepTo

Iknow they dont do a lot there just fun!
I was told, that they share the same turbo components, chassis. Told. Ill check it out after work.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:58 PM
CL 4 LYFE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha.. Neons are fucking gay.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

what are u talking about klepto?! it makes the PSHhhh noise that adds 50 HP
Old 01-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lnsyone
Haha.. Neons are fucking gay.
true, but they are lesbians so it's kind of cool
Old 01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Advanced

word...he got owned???.......I wonder if I can sell him off now for a set of wheels...........
owned???????????????????????????
one more set of stats, just for fun

new cars, stock quarter mile ET's from May 2004 Motor trend, and prices

2003 SRT-4 $19,995 13.9

2003 Cls $32785 14.8
2002 RSXs $26,000 15.1
2004 TL $35,000 14.4
2001 A6 2.7 T $46,830 14.5
2003 BMW Z4 $44,820 14.1
2004 Impala SS $27,995 14.7
2004 Crossfire $35,000 14.7
2003 Mach 1 mustang $30,465 13.9
2003 EX V6 $26,000 14.5
2003 Tiburon GT $19,344 15.3
2003 G35 $32,000 14.2
2003 SC 430 $63,884 14.2
2004 RX-8 $27,200 14.5
2003 CLK 500 $52,000 14.0
2002 S55 AMG $99,645 14.1
2003 Cooper SJ works $29,475 14.6
2002 Eclipse Spyder $28,000 15.2
2003 350z touring $34,288 13.9
2002 911 Cabriolet $81,030 13.9
2004 WRX $25,000 14.5
2004 Solara SE $25,000 15.2

also,2005 r32, like 28 g's 14.4
(guess)
Old 01-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Senior Moderator

owned???????????????????????????
one more set of stats, just for fun

new cars, stock quarter mile ET's from May 2004 Motor trend, and prices

2003 SRT-4 $19,995 13.9
2003 Cls $32785 14.8
2002 RSXs $26,000 15.1
2004 TL $35,000 14.4
2001 A6 2.7 T $46,830 14.5
2003 BMW Z4 $44,820 14.1
2004 Impala SS $27,995 14.7
2004 Crossfire $35,000 14.7
2003 Mach 1 mustang $30,465 13.9
2003 EX V6 $26,000 14.5
2003 Tiburon GT $19,344 15.3
2003 G35 $32,000 14.2
2003 SC 430 $63,884 14.2
2004 RX-8 $27,200 14.5
2003 CLK 500 $52,000 14.0
2002 S55 AMG $99,645 14.1
2003 Cooper SJ works $29,475 14.6
2002 Eclipse Spyder $28,000 15.2
2003 350z touring $34,288 13.9
2002 911 Cabriolet $81,030 13.9
2004 WRX $25,000 14.5
2004 Solara SE $25,000 15.2

also,2005 r32, like 28 g's 14.4
(guess)
yay, just cause one magazine tests the cars and comes up with 1/4 times, it can apply to everything anywhere!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro

Goodluck with the neon, I just purchased an 04 350z Touring for 23k and I love it. Srt4's are fun little cars, have fun!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:52 PM

and the point being?
some have other motors when modified, so I figured I'd specify, but I was talking about a price comparison, not engines
My point is exactly what I said.

Who the hell modifies a 97-01 Prelude by swaping engines? Who? Maybe someone might swap the block for more displacement, but that's about it.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:29 PM
112K and on 1st tranny!

motor trend is a piece of shit magazine. so is car and driver. so are all of them. If they diss the new cars they test, they don't get nice new versions for the next tests......

And also, when they do performance tests on those cars in those magazines, they attach electronics to the vehicles to make them pinpoint shifts and maximize performance. Most people like us will not make the same numbers. And, rarely, after some cars "break in" very well, they are quite faster than those numbers.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jtothees
Goodluck with the neon, I just purchased an 04 350z Touring for 23k and I love it. Srt4's are fun little cars, have fun!

thanks, good luck with yours,
I miss the CL features for sure!!
especially heated mirrors and seats!