type of gas to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:39 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i ran 115 octane in my car one day.... didnt notice a difference at all.. i ran out of gas on my driveway so i put in the left over 115 i had after i mixed a batch for my dirtbike.... the only reason to run a higher octane in our cars is if you have nitrous imo
Old 03-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Korean FIYAH!

Originally Posted by mongose99
Not to really argue, but the book also never mentions modifying your engine. Increased airflow and/or spark will require either more gas or a higher octane, otherwise you'll run lean....
Modifying your engine? I hope you aren't counting air intakes and exhausts as "engine mods." Neither of those things are "engine mods" and even if you count them as such neither of those things affect fuel compression at all.

What's up with all these kids thinking that a couple of cheapass bolt-ons count as serious mods?

Yes, if you do a major engine mod that affects compression (major boring/porting, etc) then you may benefit from a higher octane fuel, but I don't know even ONE person in this thread that has anything meriting high-octane.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Musulsa
Modifying your engine? I hope you aren't counting air intakes and exhausts as "engine mods." Neither of those things are "engine mods" and even if you count them as such neither of those things affect fuel compression at all.

What's up with all these kids thinking that a couple of cheapass bolt-ons count as serious mods?

Yes, if you do a major engine mod that affects compression (major boring/porting, etc) then you may benefit from a higher octane fuel, but I don't know even ONE person in this thread that has anything meriting high-octane.
Hey man, i never said that im counting "cheapass bolt-ons" as a serious mod or that it affects the compression. What i said was increased airflow and/or spark may require a higher octane fuel. Never said fucking cheapass bolt-ons. Anyway man, i already said that my reasoning on this topic wasnt completely correct. I use higher octane gas for my engines, high compression engines.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Korean FIYAH!

I wasn't singling you out. Sorry if it seemed that way. People before you (and in other threads about this exact topic) keep mentioning their intakes and other minor mods as reason for using high octane fuel.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Talking Gas aint cheap... who f$#@ing cares anyway?

God bless America... and the Canadians. Only in the americas and Canada are we given such useless choices. As for me, I said I use the middle of the road 89 gas because I want to. Makes no fucking difference... You are gonna use what you want regardless of what any one person in here says... This thread is getting too bent up over nothing. I think we should all just ignore the next newbie to ask this question.

Jeeze, calm yourselves guys. Oh and have any of you actually tested what you get at the pump? For all we know, we are all getting fucked by BIG OIL anyway. Look at the prices. Average in OK (a major oil producing state) is around $2.00 a US gallon. What the fuck over? May end up feeding the Mistress cheap fast food forever.