Tweaked Frame?? Off Aligned AGAIN!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 07:42 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Tweaked Frame?? Off Aligned AGAIN!?!

Ok i seriously am wondering whats wrong now. . . Like 6 months ago i bought new tires and 2 of my old tires were completly worn down on the inside half...(they looked like slicks) Well the tire place told me it was because my CL was not aligned right...so I got everything aligned and everything was good and a week ago i went to get them rotated and the 2 new tires are bald again!! So everytime i get it aligned, it seems to not be working and my car still pulls to the left. Im beggining to think my Frames tweaked a little....or enough to cause the tires to wear and pull the cl to the right...i donno...anyone elce had alignment problems or should i start looking into the frame???
Old 11-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what you're saying, it looks like you have camber problems. Unless you were in an accident, the frame should be fine. I suggest you go to your Acura Dealer and ask for their best suspension mechanic and have him/her look at it.

Long Story short, my frame is damaged. It was pulling in every direction until I had the susp. mechanic look at it and fix it up. It rides like a charm now. As good as it was before. I still need a camber kit though since the inside half of my tires are being eaten up pretty quick.

For you: 6 Months, Inside Half Bald... Definitely Camber Problems. If you are doing a drop plan to get some majorly adjustable camber kits. Most likely those that can adjust up to 3 degrees.

Hope this helps.
James
Old 11-04-2002, 07:46 AM
Midnight Marauder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep. Camber problems.
It could be a combination of toe in/out problems too. Need to have them adjust every aspect of the alignment. There may be a problem with the bolts backing off etc. that may make it loose alignment quicker.