Tune-Up Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 07:12 PM
1 Dog, 2 Cats and a G-Pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tune-Up Questions

Hi All,

I was thinking of doing a tune-up for my car, and I was wondering what exactley a tune-up entails...

Also what brand of spark plugs do you recommend?

Also, would a K&N filter make a difference, is there somewhere else there could be blockage?

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:45 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
k&n filter if you dont want to spend the money to get a shorty or cai, i would recommend a synthetic motor oil for your car is its over 60,000 miles and spark plug i have gotten the best response from the denso iridiums i have tried the bosch plats and i dont like ema nd i think my engine likes the densos better, since you are a 4cyl they run about 10-13 a piece but worth the money, if you think that is expensive i have a 3.0 my plugs alone were 96 plus tax so. then i would flush your tranny, new windshield washers fluid, and i would spend the extra and buy a filter and short ram youll see the difference trust me but make sure you trade off the old shit and the short ram when you get eh car smogged i had to since the injen intake and the smog guy were biatches about the carb eo nmber and it was for an accord and i told him that it is the exact same engine as the accord and he said well its not the accord body and it does not say accord on the body, i told him ill go to honda and buy the fucking emblems to make it pass if thats all it take , neither the less it wasa bitch
Old 03-09-2003, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 97Acura3.0CL
k&n filter if you dont want to spend the money to get a shorty or cai, i would recommend a synthetic motor oil for your car is its over 60,000 miles and spark plug i have gotten the best response from the denso iridiums i have tried the bosch plats and i dont like ema nd i think my engine likes the densos better, since you are a 4cyl they run about 10-13 a piece but worth the money, if you think that is expensive i have a 3.0 my plugs alone were 96 plus tax so. then i would flush your tranny, new windshield washers fluid, and i would spend the extra and buy a filter and short ram youll see the difference trust me but make sure you trade off the old shit and the short ram when you get eh car smogged i had to since the injen intake and the smog guy were biatches about the carb eo nmber and it was for an accord and i told him that it is the exact same engine as the accord and he said well its not the accord body and it does not say accord on the body, i told him ill go to honda and buy the fucking emblems to make it pass if thats all it take , neither the less it wasa bitch
I'd tell them to pound sand in their ass.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Pro

Yeah, if a mechanic doesn't know that an Acura engine is the same as Honda...they should wear pink coveralls instead.

That's like the one time I called Honda to get a price for an oil filter. He said I HAD to get it from Acura. Retard!! A honda mechanic said this!

If you're looking to get a K&N filter. I'd suggest getting a short-ram tube off Ebay for like $30 and then getting the universal cone filter from K&N. You'd probably pay more for the OEM K&N that would go inside the stock airbox and gain minimal performance.